PDA

View Full Version : [Casual] Changeling Aggro

Moczoc
06-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Is it possible to make a good deck of this concept? The idea came back to me when I saw Crucible of Fire.

Here is a first list I threw together in MWS:

Creatures
4 Changeling Titan
2 Fire-Belly Changeling
4 Woodland Changeling
4 Chameleon Colossus
4 Taurean Mauler

2 Tahngarth, Talruum Hero
4 Goblin Lackey

Spells
4 Crucible of Fire
4 Didgeridoo
4 Nameless Inversion
3 Cateran Summons

Lands
4 Mishra's Factory
3 Ancient Tomb
2 Swarmyard
12 Lands for colored mana

Didgeridoo and Lackey are the main engines of the deck. I added 2 Tahngarth for his synergy with Didgeridoo. Does this make sense?
Cateran Summons is interesting because its such a fast tutor for all the changeling cards, but together with Nameless Inversion these are the only black cards.
I play Mishra's Factory over Griffin Canyon because I think the possible 2/2 is stronger than the untap effect. (Both can give +1/+1 to any creature)

Any ideas?

please :tongue:

Enigma
06-16-2009, 04:58 PM
This deck is so funny, it made me laugh so much!

P-M

from Cairo
06-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Digeridoo seems worse than just using Aether Vial, you have a pretty decent curve to begin with so it seems like curving out with Vial would be less effort/mana than Digeridoo. If you made this swap I'd drop Tangarth, even if you don't make this swap he doesn't seem amazing.

I'd run the Moonglove Changeling over the Fire-Belly one, even though black is a lighter splash, I think the Deathtouch is alot more relevant than firebreathing.

Otherwise cool idea, gl with developing it.

Nelis
06-16-2009, 05:21 PM
I like Cateran Summons from a casual point if view. But since you already put in Goblin Lackey I´m thinking of a Goblin/Changeling hybrid. Matron makes a good tutor. With Aether Vial we´re starting to get a good deck.

You could go white as well. I love Mirror Entity and it turns your lackeys and Matrons into proper threats. And it allows for STP and Path as removal.

Cool idea btw!

Aggro_zombies
06-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Deck needs more Goblin Warchief.

Since you're playing Changelings, there's almost no reason not to pick and choose from among the best lords the game has. Right off the top of my head, Lord of the Undead, Goblin Warchief, and Reaper King all seem worthwhile for the recursion, haste, and Vindicates respectively. You don't need that many of them, so don't clog your deck up with them at the expense of changelings. At the very least, Reaper King seems better than Tahngarth.

Carabas
06-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Mirror Entity is really good, although you might consider using Crib Swap instead of Nameless Inversion if you decided to use it. I'd also consider Contested Cliffs, and a few lords. Lords are really good. Wort, Boggart auntie or Scarblade Elite come to mind.