2 Mind Harness
2 Umezawa's Jitte
3 Relic of Progenitus
4 Hydroblast
4 Submerge

Here is my report.

Round 1 vs Ichorid

I lose the die roll.

Game 1: Mull. Not much happens early on, but he gets to dregde every turn, and eventually beats me down with Ichorids and Nacromoebas, all in all, not a fun game.

Sideboard
-4 Daze
-1 Force of Will

+3 Relic of Progenitus
+2 Mind Harness [he had been talking about Greater Gargaddon before the tournament, and counterspells are akin to blanks vs. Ichroid, so I thought why not]

Game 2: Mull. I don't really do much, but play out a few Merfolk, and get some early beats, which deal 10 to him, and he just Dredges into nothing, but deals 5 damage to himself with City of Brass, eventually he dregdes into four Ichorid, but still not Bridges, he sacs one to flash back Cabal Therapy, seeing Island, Force of Will, and double Mind Harness, and laughs at me for bringing in the Mind Harness, commenting on how he doesn't have any green or red creatures. He then sacs his last three Ichorids to make a 7/7 Golgari-Grave Troll, while at 5 with my having double Lords, then passes the turn. I Harness his Troll and swing for the win.

Mind Harness beats Ichorid.

Game 3: I draw an early Relic, but he gets three dredgers on his first turn, and continues to dregde and do what Ichorid does, and beat me with its namesake.

0-1

Round 2 vs Merfolk

I lose the roll.

Game 1: I mull two no landers, and keep Island, Stifle, Stifle, Merrow Reejerey, Wasteland. I lose quickly.

Sideboard:
-2 Stifle
+2 Umezawa's Jitte

Game 2: Mull. I go Island go, and he attempts to play an Ęther Vial, which I Force, pitching a Stifle, which he tries to Daze, and realizes that I have 1 up. This tempo loss cost him the game, as I was then able to bounce every play he made with triple Echoing Truth, and get in there with my Lords.

Game 3: We trade back and forth for a bit, and I get the upper hand. Then he drops Seasinger, steals my Reejerey, and proceeds to beat my face in.

0-2

Round 3 vs Probasco NLU

I lose the roll:

Game 1: He drops a Tarmogoyf, and assembles CounterTop, but I have an Ęther Vial, and triple Lord of Atlantis plus double Merrow Reejerey draw. I win.

Sideboard:
-3 Echoing Truth
-1 Daze
+2 Submerge
+2 Mind Harness

Game 2: He goes Island, Ponder, go. I get a turn one Ęther Vial. He plays a Tropical Island, and a Tarmogoyf. I play Submerge then Wasteland his Tropical. He then doesn't draw any lands for the rest of the game while I beat him up with my Lords and Silvergills.

1-2

Round 4 vs 68cardsand22plains.dec

I lose the roll.

Game 1: She plays a plains, and that is all she does the entire game. I win.

Sideboard:
None.

Game 2: She plays 2 plains and thats all she does the entire game.

2-2

Round 5 vs ThreshThreshThreshThreshThresh

The winner of this game gets into the top 8. I lose the roll.

Game 1: Mutavaults and Lords of Atlantis and Cursecatcher get in there for a fast game one.

Sideboard:
-3 Echoing Truth
-1 Daze
+2 Mind Harness
+2 Submerge

Game 2: He doesn't do anything except Sword to Plowshares a Wakethrasher and a Lord of Atlantis, and I beat with my Mutavaults. He then gets down a Shackles against my board of Wakethrasher, Cursecatcher, and Silvergill Adept. With the triggers of Wakethrasher on the stack, he steals him. He later trades with my Silvergill Adept, and Swords my Cursecatcher. We stand off, my Mutavault against his Shackles for a few turns while he only has 3 life, and all I need is a Lord of Atlantis, or some Lord effect. He soon draws a top to my Islands, and I just draw land while he gets his Counterbalance online. When he lands a Tarmogoyf, I attempt to Submerge is, but Force of Will is on top of his deck...

Game 3: Lord of Atlantis plus Merfolk, Stifle, and Wasteland just get there.

Top 8
1 Ichorid
2 Merfolk
1 Winter Orb Gro
1 Goyf Sligh
1 Probasco Thresh
1 Dreadstill
1 Eva Green

Quarterfinals vs Goyf Sligh

I win the roll.

Game 1: His Tarmogoyf and burn take a fast game 1, no surprises here.

Sideboard:
-4 Force of Will
-4 Daze
-2 Stifle
-2 Standstill
+2 Mind Harness
+4 Submerge
+4 Hydroblast
+2 Umezawa's Jitte

Game 2: He drew 5 spells and 8 lands, while I went turn 1 Vial, turn 2 Jitte and Vial in Cursecatcher turn 3 Vial in Silvergill Adept and play Merrow Reejerey, turn 4 Hydroblast two burn spells, turn 5 Equip Jitte, connect, and win. I did make a mistake on not stifling a Mogg Fanatic early on against my Silvergill, which ended up costing me a few turns.

Game 3: I counter burn spells with Hydroblast, and then drop a Mutavault and Wakethrasher. he plays Vexing Shusher, I Submerge it, he plays it again, I Submerge it, he plays it a third time, and I topdeck a thrid Submerge, and use it. Then drop standstill and win.

Semi-Finals vs Dreadstill

I win the roll.

Game 1: I get a turn 1 Ęther Vial, and then waste his Tropical Island, then Stifle a fetch, then waste a Volcanic Island, then eventually he gets two lands out, he is at 10 life, and he drop a 5/6 Tarmogoyf. My lords out race him in the end, pretty easy match.

Sideboard:
-4 Standstill
-2 Echoing Truth
+2 Mind Harness
+4 Submerge

Game 2: I fan out a hand with Mind Harness and Submerge. He gets down CounterTop by turn 3, then gets down a Dreadnought, while he has no Forests, the fact Mind Harness were not Echoing Truth, cost me the game.

Sideboard:
-2 Mind Harness
+2 Echoing Truth

Game 3: I get a hand with Stifle, Island, Echoing Truth, Echoing Truth, Submerge, Wasteland, Cursecatcher. I Stifle his Fetch, then draw a Silvergill, which I play. I beat in for a few turns with Silvergill and Cursecatcher, until he goes for StifleNaught, I Echoing Truth, he Force of Wills, Echoing Truth again, he Pyroblasts, and I just sac my Cursecatcher, then get a Wakethrasher, and finish him on quickly.

Finals vs Winter Orb Gro

He offers me a split, but he gets the Moats, and I get the played playset of Sinkholes and 10 dollars cash, which I turn down because my friend needs the Moat.

I win the roll

Game 1: 2 Stifles, 3 Watelands, and Echoing Truth on Noble Hierarch, backed by 4 Dazes keep him off of any mana for the entire game while my Cursecatcher and Silvergil Adept beat him in.

Sideboard:
-4 Daze
-2 Standstill
+4 Submerge
+2 Mind Harness

Game 2: I once again Stifle, Wasteland, and bounce my route to victory, this time with a Wakethrasher, Lord of Atlantis, Cursecatcher and Silvergill Adept.

I won the Moat YAY!!!

Which I then traded for a Tropical, 2 Scrubs, and a Mutavault.

All in all it was super fun.

Pros:
Knight Ware for being awesome.
Echoing Truth as a main deck 3 of to bounce blockers.
Submerge being a free Time Walk all day long.
Mind Harness for beating Ichorid in one game.
Bryan, Tony, Phil, the Pats, and Jason for testing with me.
And everyone for showing up.

Slops:
Ichorid for being annoying.
Seasinger for being lame.
Mind Harness for never showing up when it was needed.

HAVE HEART
06-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Round 5 vs ThreshThreshThreshThreshThresh

The winner of this game gets into the top 8. I lose the roll.

Game 1: Mutavaults and Lords of Atlantis and Cursecatcher get in there for a fast game one.

Sideboard:
-3 Echoing Truth
-1 Daze
+2 Mind Harness
+2 Submerge

Game 2: He doesn't do anything except Sword to Plowshares a Wakethrasher and a Lord of Atlantis, and I beat with my Mutavaults. He then gets down a Shackles against my board of Wakethrasher, Cursecatcher, and Silvergill Adept. With the triggers of Wakethrasher on the stack, he steals him. He later trades with my Silvergill Adept, and Swords my Cursecatcher. We stand off, my Mutavault against his Shackles for a few turns while he only has 3 life, and all I need is a Lord of Atlantis, or some Lord effect. He soon draws a top to my Islands, and I just draw land while he gets his Counterbalance online. When he lands a Tarmogoyf, I attempt to Submerge is, but Force of Will is on top of his deck...

Game 3: Lord of Atlantis plus Merfolk, Stifle, and Wasteland just get there.

In the second game, you tried to Echoing Truth the Tarmogoyf (so you must have sideboarded differently than reported), then Submerge after the Echoing Truth met Daze.

In the third game, you had no Lord of Atlantis. You had Cursecatcher into Mutavault into Silvergill Adept. If you did have a LoA, then it got hit by Swords to Plowshares (but I do not remember you having one). With my four lands out, you drew the Wasteland you needed to not get blown out by Hailstorm.

Good games overall. Hope to see you next time.

Dark_Shakuras
06-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Slops:
Ichorid for being awesome.

Fixed

saspook
06-23-2009, 08:14 PM
The finals went to three games. Game two you had two mutavaults and two islands with a vial. Your opponent dropped a Winter Orb and won.