PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Balancing Gargadon



Ciberon
07-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I just played against this deck on workstation and have never seen it before. It has a some nice synergies and can leave the oponent with no permanents. I have no clue on what the sideboard was, if there is any. I'd like to know your thoughts on it.

4 Ancient Tomb
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Flooded Strand
3 Plateau
3 Scrubland
1 Plains
3 City of Brass

3 Mox Diamond

4 Academy Reactor
4 Greater Gargadon

4 Sensei's Divining Top

4 Balancing Act
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Thoughtseize
4 Innocent Blood
2 Enduring Ideal

1 Humility
1 Transcendence
1 Form of the Dragon
1 Dovescape
1 Debtors' Knell

sidenote: Hope the owner doesn't get mad. xP

ClearSkies
07-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Didn't the extended Balancing Act deck back then had lands that are sacrifice if you use it for mana to play Balancing Act?

Anyways, Enduring Ideal doesn't seem to fit in the deck. The only creature the deck has is a plain 9/7...

What is the Debtor's Knell supposed to do?

The deck seems really slow, and lack focus. The "win" conditions of the deck are really bad as well.

miss_bun
07-18-2009, 04:26 AM
The concept is good, but you need more than gargadon, and you need all of your wincons to be silver bullets, and you need to be super efficient and focus just on your wincons, not wasting time.

Here's a rough idea of how I'd do it, off the top of my head:

critters ~8

4x greater gargadon
4x tarmogoyf

balances ~8

4x balancing act
4x restore balance

lands ~15

4x flagstones of trokair
1x badlands
1x plateau
1x scrubland
1x savannah
1x bayou
1x taiga
1x wooded foothills
1x bloodstained mire
1x windswept heath
2x wasteland

mana ~13

4x chrome mox
4x lotus petal
3x land grant
2x crucible of worlds

disruption ~12

4x duress
4x path to exile
4x snuff out

draw ~4

4x edge of autumn

If you focused on the cute interaction between gargadon/cabal therapy and rector/knell, you could go a different way, but I feel like there are more busted enchantments to grab than knell.

It is a pretty nifty deck, tho.

ClearSkies
07-18-2009, 01:27 PM
If you focused on the cute interaction between gargadon/cabal therapy and rector/knell, you could go a different way, but I feel like there are more busted enchantments to grab than knell.

It is a pretty nifty deck, tho.

I hope you don't mean Knell getting the Rector. Rector removes itself from the game when you want to search.

miss_bun
07-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Whoops, that was what I meant, I forgot about that. :laugh: