whidye
08-10-2009, 03:04 PM
So I was just screwing around and thought I would try this list:
The Amalgamate
Win-con 1
4*Grindstone
4*Painter's Servant
Win-con 2
4*Stifle
4*Phyrexian Dreadnought
Win-con 3
4*Tarmogoyf
Utility
4*Ponder
4*Trinket Mage
4*Brainstorm
4*Counterbalance
4*Sensei's Divining Top
4*Wasteland
Mana-base (remember - wasteland helps too with this deck)
4*Tropical Island
4*Flooded Strand
6*Island
1*Forest
1*Academy Ruins
So - it's almost mono-U (hi there Tarmo...) and runs 0 counters other than the counterTop.
I basically saw a lot of 2-card combos and thought that it would make an "alright" deck - note: I haven't tested this, and it seems like it would have trouble against several decks.
Anyways - on to the explanations:
Win-con 1: Auto-win if you get it out and have three mana on hand. No explanation neccesary.
Win-con 2: Two-turn clock. Disrupts fetches if you want.
Win-con 3: A beater! It might be advantageous to cut this guy for FoW as it improves your mana-base/counters; but come on - lets put goyf in here for kicks.
Utility-
Ponder - Find one of the many combo pieces you need.
Trinket Mage - Find one of the many 1cmc artifacts! (grindstone, nought, SdT)
Brainstorm - Find one of the many combo pieces! Yay! Fetch/storm too.
Counterbalance - Counter 1cmc, 0cmc spells (and some 2cmc) - this means you chalice of the void/engineered explosives!
Sensei's Divining Top - Card quality/counterTop/draw. Nice.
Wasteland - Play your artifacts! Oh - nuke their non-basics!
Land-
Tropical Island - Only here for Goyf! Cut if you want FoW instead!
Flooded Strand - Fetchstorm!
Island - Overpowered since it was printed as a rare.
Forest - Goyf food. Cut for more island if you don't want goyf!
Academy Ruins - Get back your stupid cheap artifacts!
I think this deck could go places with proper tuning. Has something like this been suggested before and just laughed at? I would be playing this deck if I had the cards (missing all the Win-Con cards, counterTop, wasteland lol).
Where does this deck fail? No protection? Not enough speed? No aggro defence?
The Amalgamate
Win-con 1
4*Grindstone
4*Painter's Servant
Win-con 2
4*Stifle
4*Phyrexian Dreadnought
Win-con 3
4*Tarmogoyf
Utility
4*Ponder
4*Trinket Mage
4*Brainstorm
4*Counterbalance
4*Sensei's Divining Top
4*Wasteland
Mana-base (remember - wasteland helps too with this deck)
4*Tropical Island
4*Flooded Strand
6*Island
1*Forest
1*Academy Ruins
So - it's almost mono-U (hi there Tarmo...) and runs 0 counters other than the counterTop.
I basically saw a lot of 2-card combos and thought that it would make an "alright" deck - note: I haven't tested this, and it seems like it would have trouble against several decks.
Anyways - on to the explanations:
Win-con 1: Auto-win if you get it out and have three mana on hand. No explanation neccesary.
Win-con 2: Two-turn clock. Disrupts fetches if you want.
Win-con 3: A beater! It might be advantageous to cut this guy for FoW as it improves your mana-base/counters; but come on - lets put goyf in here for kicks.
Utility-
Ponder - Find one of the many combo pieces you need.
Trinket Mage - Find one of the many 1cmc artifacts! (grindstone, nought, SdT)
Brainstorm - Find one of the many combo pieces! Yay! Fetch/storm too.
Counterbalance - Counter 1cmc, 0cmc spells (and some 2cmc) - this means you chalice of the void/engineered explosives!
Sensei's Divining Top - Card quality/counterTop/draw. Nice.
Wasteland - Play your artifacts! Oh - nuke their non-basics!
Land-
Tropical Island - Only here for Goyf! Cut if you want FoW instead!
Flooded Strand - Fetchstorm!
Island - Overpowered since it was printed as a rare.
Forest - Goyf food. Cut for more island if you don't want goyf!
Academy Ruins - Get back your stupid cheap artifacts!
I think this deck could go places with proper tuning. Has something like this been suggested before and just laughed at? I would be playing this deck if I had the cards (missing all the Win-Con cards, counterTop, wasteland lol).
Where does this deck fail? No protection? Not enough speed? No aggro defence?