Tolaria West
Academy Ruins
Volrath's Stronghold
Bojuka Bog
Reliquary Tower
2 Mountain
2 Swamp
3 Island

How is that for multiplayer control? I would like it to stand up in 1v1 too.

Are cards like Fool's Demise or Lim-Dûl the Necromancer too cute?

Give me your suggestions. TIA

keys
02-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Didn't get any comments the first time. Bump?

Here are some other cards I'm considering.

Timetwister
Lim-Dul's Vault
Beacon of Unrest

Ozymandias
02-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Kanedaaaaaa!

In seriousness, Rings of Brighthearth is totally worth it for all your activated abilities.

Ways to tap down permanents are also good; Ring of Gix and Icy Manipulator combine very well with Tetsuo.

keys
02-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Kanedaaaaaa!

In seriousness, Rings of Brighthearth is totally worth it for all your activated abilities.

Ways to tap down permanents are also good; Ring of Gix and Icy Manipulator combine very well with Tetsuo.

Never considered Rings, good suggestion. I did look at all the tapping abilities, including Puppet Strings, but I think Staff of Domination is best.

Mystical_Jackass
02-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Skull Clamp
Journeyer's Kite
Mystic Rimora
Wheel of Fortune
Trinket Mage
Phyrexian Arena

keys
02-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Cool I put potential replacements next to each card. What do you think?

badjuju
02-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Solid list.

I was talking to Yawg the other day about UBR control, and he introduced me to Bosium Strip. The card is absolutely nuts in anything UB. Otherwise, your list looks pretty close to my Garza Zol (I run some more steal stuff / redirect spells). I'm pretty sure you could easily build a 150 card UBR deck and still not want to cut anything - the colors are just THAT good :tongue:

keys
02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Solid list.

I was talking to Yawg the other day about UBR control, and he introduced me to Bosium Strip. The card is absolutely nuts in anything UB. Otherwise, your list looks pretty close to my Garza Zol (I run some more steal stuff / redirect spells). I'm pretty sure you could easily build a 150 card UBR deck and still not want to cut anything - the colors are just THAT good :tongue:

Yeah I think Strip is better than Mirari

Doppelganger got the nod

Expedition Map > Kite

Also added Bog

badjuju
02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah I think Strip is better than Mirari

I picked Akroma as my one creature win con

Cutpurse got the nod over Shadowmage

Promise of Power > Skeletal Scrying

Expedition Map > Kite

Beacon of Unrest > Slave of Bolas (despite the art...)

Then I threw in Annul over Misdirection and Force of Will. Seems WAY more practical.

Also added Bog

I don't know about Annul over FoW, but definitely over Misdirection. Annul is super underrated in this format, so good choice.

Benie Bederios
02-10-2010, 03:44 AM
Isn't Kokusho banned in EDH?

The list looks solid,I only miss Crucible of Worlds.

- Benie

badjuju
02-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Isn't Kokusho banned in EDH?

The list looks solid,I only miss Crucible of Worlds.

- Benie

Yea you're right, he is. I totally missed that in his list.

keys
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Yea you're right, he is. I totally missed that in his list.

Wow I had no idea. I didn't think he was that broken. It's not like Syphon Soul is banned.... I guess I'll sub in Ink-Eyes or maybe Memnarch?

I don't know about Annul over FoW, but definitely over Misdirection. Annul is super underrated in this format, so good choice.

FoW just doesn't seem that appealing me. In order for card disadvantage to be acceptable I think it has to have a huge effect. Maybe Counterspell is better than all three. The free aspect of FoW is a bit trivial when games go so many turns.

Also, Volrath's Stronghold or Academy Ruins? Ruins seems a little more broken with Disk, O-Stone, etc.

badjuju
02-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Wow I had no idea. I didn't think he was that broken. It's not like Syphon Soul is banned.... I guess I'll sub in Ink-Eyes or maybe Memnarch?

FoW just doesn't seem that appealing me. In order for card disadvantage to be acceptable I think it has to have a huge effect. Maybe Counterspell is better than all three. The free aspect of FoW is a bit trivial when games go so many turns.

Also, Volrath's Stronghold or Academy Ruins? Ruins seems a little more broken with Disk, O-Stone, etc.

Yea Kokusho is probably just too broken with recursion effects. I don't think he's that bad, but he is on the banlist so whatever.

FoW isn't so much about the disadvantage or tempo, but rather the ability to NOT be cold when you're tapped out. In multiplayer, there are a lot of spells going on, and you can't stop them all. At least with FoW, you can potentially stop more threats than you could without. For the same reasoning I actually run Pact of Negation. Countering game-breaking spells is worth the pain.

Volrath's is only good if you have something to really abuse it with. Even if you can get a good creature back, that's usually not worth the color screw early in the game. Academy Ruins is just dumb, so I would put it in regardless.

keys
10-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Updated my Grixis control list. Am I missing anything?

Mr.C
10-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Curiosity, for instant-win with Niv-Mizzet in 1v1?