PDA

View Full Version : Morph and phases



tivadar
09-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I've always wondered this, and seems somewhat appropriate to ask here. Let's say I have a morph face down in play and its the end of my opponent's turn. He passes priority. Morphing does *not* use the stack. I morph my face down and pass. Does he then get a chance to do something prior to EOT? Basically, does morphing and passing on an empty stack boil down to just passing on an empty stack? I have a feeling it doesn't.

cdr
09-25-2009, 03:19 PM
115.4. If all players pass in succession (that is, if all players pass without taking any actions in between passing), the spell or ability on top of the stack resolves or, if the stack is empty, the phase or step ends.

Doing anything, including turning a morph face up or playing a land, is an action. Both players have to do absolutely nothing but pass for the step or phase to end.