1 Memory Plunder
1 Yawgmoth's Will
1 Power Artifact
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Bribery
1 Rings of Brighthearth

General
1 Oona, Queen of the Fae

I want the deck to be as powerfull as possible AND geared for multiplay. So EDH Tendrils is out of the question...

I normall try to control and draw alot of cards until I can get Grim Monolith/Power Artifact online. From there I cast my Oona and kill the first opponent and have alot of tokens which I use for portection and aggro to kill the remaining opponents if someone stops the infinte mana-combo.

LAST CHANGES:

-1 Windfall

+1 Beseech the Queen

-x- Benie -x-

sunshine
02-10-2010, 05:23 AM
You're already got Future Sight and Top, was it a conscious decision not to Magus of the Future run cost reducers like Helm of Awakening for the combo?

nodahero
02-10-2010, 11:34 AM
I would definelty suggest the new Jace in your list. Not only does he double as a ok win-con if you need it but he also helps you to dig through your deck or to hide stuff your opponent is frantically searching for. Not to mention you could unsummon generals over and over.

I would also suggest adding a little more redundancy to your deck such as Basalt Monolith.

Benie Bederios
02-10-2010, 05:11 PM
You're already got Future Sight and Top, was it a conscious decision not to Magus of the Future run cost reducers like Helm of Awakening for the combo?

I didnt consider those cards... I'm hesistant to add them though. It's a three card combo that draws the deck, which is nice. But I don't want to go all the way combo or otherwise may whole playgroup gets mad at me.

I would definelty suggest the new Jace in your list. Not only does he double as a ok win-con if you need it but he also helps you to dig through your deck or to hide stuff your opponent is frantically searching for. Not to mention you could unsummon generals over and over.

I would also suggest adding a little more redundancy to your deck such as Basalt Monolith.

Bah, it hurts to add a card that is going 40 euro's here, but will decrease in price in a few months. But you are right that it looks like an auto-fit. I will try to make space for it. Also for Basalt Monolith. I will update the list with those cards.

The biggest problem right now is the disruption suite. Some cards like Sunder, Syphon Mind, Barter in Blood and Profane Command just look weak. But I don't know for which card I should replace them...

Any tips on that.

-x- Benie -x-

xXxBretWeedxXx
02-16-2010, 08:51 AM
My Oona deck just tries to get infinite mana in a lot of different ways.

If you add Basalt Monolith you should add Rings of the Brighthearth. Rings is generally stupid with a lot of cards (Key, Top, Map, Planeswalkers). Also you're not running Cabal Coffers? Throw in Minamo, School at Water's Edge and Deserted Temple. They'll also combo with Rings and T. Academy for infinite mana. Temple will combo with Rings and Coffers. If you haven't figured it out yet run Rings of the Brighthearth. I've also thrown Everflowing Chalice in the deck, If I get it at 4 counters it will combo with key and rings for infinite mana.

Staff of Domination is an awesome card, even better with infinite mana.

Beseech the Queen might be the best tutor in my deck. It allows me to tutor for what I need with colorless mana that I generate from Power/Monolith. Usually I'll use that to get Gemstone Array and win with Oona.

Benie Bederios
02-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Rings of Brightearth is a nice addition, I should find place for that. I had Cabal Coffer in the list, but with only 6 swamps it didn't work out for me... I was far to dependend on Uborg or Crucible of Worlds. Chool at Water's Edge is in if I find a place for Rings of Brightearth. Tomorrow I probably play Everflowing Chalice, because I probably can't get Mana Crypt in that time.

Staff of Domination is a win-more in my opinion. I need to mana to use it.

Beseech the Queen was in earlier builds too, but again with the few Swamps it didn't really work out for me, but I will test it again.

But do you( or somebody else) has some suggestions what to cut for Beseech and Rings?

-Benie

majikal
02-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Sunder seems like the weakest card in your list. I'd cut it for Rings of Brightearth. Also, Beseech the Queen seems kind of bad.

xXxBretWeedxXx
02-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Personally I'd make these cuts and these additions:

Cuts-
Bribery
Sudden Spoiling
Springjack Pasture
Profane Command
Ivory Tower
Memory Plunder
Promise of Power
Evacuation
Maze of Ith
Salt Marsh

Adds-
Beseech The Queen
Deserted Temple
Cabal Coffers
Minamo, School at Waters Edge
Rings of the Brighthearth
Creeping Tar Pit
Leyline of the Void
Helm of Obedience
Gemstone Array

I've cut two extra cards to give you some choices. The Salt Marsh obviously becomes Creeping Tar Pit, and I'd cut the lands for lands

Benie Bederios
02-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Allright...

First of all, the list in the opening was an old list. I updated to the list I made before much testing... Now I did some testing yesterday and won almost all of the games... The only match I lost was where I lost a counterwar over an Enduring Ideal...

So that was good.

I tested a little different build( because I couldn't find all cards in time.) The list I tested was the openingpost with the following changes:

- Tolarian Academy
- Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth
- Vault of Whispers
- Mana Crypt
- Sudden Spoilings
- Dustbowl

+ Ring of Brightearth
+ Overflowing Chalice
+ Voltaic Key
+ Minamo, School at Water's edge
+ Island
+ Swamp

I couldn't get Tolarian Academy, Urborg or Mana Crypt. I forgot to get a Vault of Whispers. Sudden Spoilings and Dustbowl seemed to weak anyway. Minamo was in, but I didn't got Academy, so it was kinda a bad Island

It's kinda hard to discuss the complete list, so I will stick to the cards I liked, disliked and mixed bags.

+++ Memory Plunder +++
Yesterday I played among the following cards out of a GY: Auster Command to destroy all Artifacts and Enchantments, Swords to plowshare to stop an oposing General, Fact or Fiction and a Decree of Pain. With 3/4 players there is always something usefull and quite often something gamebreaking.

+++ Mystical Teaching +++
The best thing it could do was find Shred Memory EOT, Search for Monolith during your turn and then EOT again Mystical Teaching for Vampiric Tutor, use it to find Power Artifact and combo the next turn...

+++ Trinket Mage +++
While everybody was busy with them self I went: Trinket Mage for Expedtion Map, Expidition Map for Academy Ruins. Put Map back on top. Play and search for Riptide Laboratory, bounce Trinket Mage, play Trinket Mage for Sensei's Divining Top and a little later I tutored for Ivory Tower, Maze of Ith and Reliquary Tower and build a supreme possition without anyone troubeling me.

--- Overflowing Chalice ---
Rubbish.

--- Voltaic Key ---
Can't do enough with it.

+-+ Reins of Power -+-
It did buy me a turn so that I could assemble my combo, but I couldn't use it like I hoped I could( steal the creatures from one player to block creatures from another player.)

Today I can test again, but now with proxies so I will play the Academy and Crypt. I will test the list from the openingpost with:

- Sudden Spoiling
- Salt Marsh

+ Rings of Brightearth
+ Creeping Tar Pit( it hurts me to spend so much for such a bad card)

@xXxBretweedxXx

I found that I had not more than 2 Swamps most of the time... I hate to reveal the card I find, so for now Beseech is still out. Cabal Coffer for the same reason, it not giving me any mana early on is a real pain if I want to develop. Creeping Tar Pit is in of course so is Rings.

Leyline/Helm combo is nice, only Helm is really dead on it's own. The Leyline might be added over Relic of Progenitus. The combo makes the curve a little worse though.

Gemstone Array is weak... I rarely need the coloured mana and even less time I want to search for this card.

I will keep you guys updated...

-Benie-

xXxBretWeedxXx
02-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Well I can see you not running Coffers if you're not running Urborg, but missing both is pretty bad for the deck.

You have much worse cards to cut outside of Relic, once you get an Academy you'll want as many 1 mana artifacts that are relevant as you can get.

Beseech is a tutor, you don't need black mana for it either. These type of things become much more obvious when you're actually running the best cards for the deck (coffers, t. academy) You shouldn't care about revealing the card because you're probably going to win when you cast it.

I don't think you understand the role of Gemstone Array. It's a good mana sink for those long games at worse, it's the card that lets you win when you have infinite colorless mana and don't have 4+ blue/black mana to kill your opponents with Oona. I never cast Oona until she wins me the game.

Helm isn't dead on its own either. It's a mini Bribery sometimes. With Rings and/or Key it can be really fun and sick too. It will also power Academy when you get one.

Benie Bederios
02-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm on holiday so I can't test here, but I tested last Friday( I was planning to go to an THG EDH tourney, but my mate canceled.)

Anyway I did test that day, but still hadn't Tolarian Academy and Mana Crypt. I will get them next monday though. I did test some games with them proxied up though.

I follow up your advice in cutting the Evacuation and Promis of Power. I replaced them not for Windfall and Time Spiral. I havenīt had time to test Leyline-Helm combo, but I will once.

Another change I made was cutting Syphon Mind for Mind Twist. Syphon Mind just makes me target and draws quite some hate. On top of that itīs just bad late-game. Mind Twist normally targets the guy that can stop the combo so itīs a must counter for him, where Syphon isnīt in EDH.

Cards Iīm not planning to cut:

Ivory Tower: Not a bad card, but it's a cheap artifact for Tolarian Academy, can be trinketed and it can stop any non-general damagesources. I'm looking into other cheap artifacts but only Meekstone looks decent, but that paints a target on me.

Profane Command: It's another win-condition when Oona fails. Quite good removal and getting a Solemn back isn't really bad.

Bribery: In a multiplayer game, there is always something good to get.

Cards I'm not planning to play:

Cabal Coffers: It's a great card but if I don't have Uborg it's a dead land... I can't use that. Maybe later if the deck plays more black I could test it, but now it's a no.

-Benie-

Benie Bederios
03-04-2010, 05:33 AM
I played a mulitplayer tournament yesterday and ended up with a weak six points, because I misread the rules.

I played the opening post with the following changes

-1 Jace Beleren
-1 Ivory Tower
+1 Jace the Mindsculptor
+1 Pithing Needle.

Round 1 I'm paired with Wrexial, the Risen Deep, Konda, Lord of Eiganjo and Anowon, the Ruin Sage. I got a pretty broken start with T1 Sol Ring into Mana Vault into Ring's of Brightearth. Second turn I play a Polluted Delta and use+copy it. Some turns later I find Basalt Monolith and go off. I mill the Wrexial player but he mentioned that I won't get points for killing him, because his draw will kill him. I try to kill another opponent, with Time Spiral but he managed to get 7 cards and he kills himself too next turn. Those two players both have to points and I'm on 0 and the still living opponent has 4 Points. The only way to win was to kill my own General 4 times and use Profane Command to kill my opponent, which I did.

Round 2 I'm paired again with the Wrexial player and Anawon. Next to that we have Vorosh and Child of Alara. Everybody is very hostile against me and I could combo out, but then I won't kill my opponents again, so I go for Academy Ruins and Oblivion Stone. I still get too much hate and decide to kill myself with Skeletal Scrying, giving me the last 2 points.

Next time I'm going to play Windfall because this is wincondition, because I make them draw the last cards.

Saturday I'm going to play 2HG EDH with the Child of Alara player.

-Benie-

xXxBretWeedxXx
03-04-2010, 09:10 AM
I played a mulitplayer tournament yesterday and ended up with a weak six points, because I misread the rules.

I played the opening post with the following changes

-1 Jace Beleren
-1 Ivory Tower
+1 Jace the Mindsculptor
+1 Pithing Needle.

Round 1 I'm paired with Wrexial, the Risen Deep, Konda, Lord of Eiganjo and Anowon, the Ruin Sage. I got a pretty broken start with T1 Sol Ring into Mana Vault into Ring's of Brightearth. Second turn I play a Polluted Delta and use+copy it. Some turns later I find Basalt Monolith and go off. I mill the Wrexial player but he mentioned that I won't get points for killing him, because his draw will kill him. I try to kill another opponent, with Time Spiral but he managed to get 7 cards and he kills himself too next turn. Those two players both have to points and I'm on 0 and the still living opponent has 4 Points. The only way to win was to kill my own General 4 times and use Profane Command to kill my opponent, which I did.

Round 2 I'm paired again with the Wrexial player and Anawon. Next to that we have Vorosh and Child of Alara. Everybody is very hostile against me and I could combo out, but then I won't kill my opponents again, so I go for Academy Ruins and Oblivion Stone. I still get too much hate and decide to kill myself with Skeletal Scrying, giving me the last 2 points.

Next time I'm going to play Windfall because this is wincondition, because I make them draw the last cards.

Saturday I'm going to play 2HG EDH with the Child of Alara player.

-Benie-

You could also put Jace Beleren back in because you shouldn't have cut it and it can also make them draw cards.