View Full Version : Best place to buy foreign?
JonBarber
02-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Whats everyone's favorite source of getting a hold of foreign cards? Ebay? Trading? A specific site? I'm trying to foreign out my decks and have not had great luck finding them. I'd love to hear where you find yours.
kicks_422
02-20-2010, 05:44 PM
There's a dude in MOTL named Michael French. He has everything in Chinese. I don't know if he's still active there though, I haven't checked back there for almost a year now.
Mr. French's specialty is Japanese, actually.
Otter
02-21-2010, 05:04 AM
I've been very happy with tingxuan on ebay, he's got a pretty large variety of Asian cards and doesn't mind taking requests for obscure cards that aren't listed. For instance, when I was looking for a large quantity of Korean Urza's Saga basics, he hooked me up with quite a lot of them for a pretty low price.
sephorusFR
02-21-2010, 08:55 AM
if you're in for German/Italian and other european languages stuff, magiccardmarket is pretty good too.
Guevera59
02-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Although it can be a little pricey, SCG has a large inventory of Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese etc. cards.
dahcmai
02-22-2010, 04:08 PM
What about Russian? I like those. It's one of the few foreign languages I can read.
Malchar
02-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I use Ebay. Some Ebay stores have tons of foreign cards, especially Chinese, which makes it easy. As for other languages, I haven't really checked on them at all. I guess the best place to buy foreign cards would be in the country of choice though...
anonymos
03-16-2010, 12:38 PM
if you're in for German/Italian and other european languages stuff, magiccardmarket is pretty good too.
Is there anything like this that will allow Americans to sign up? This place doesn't.
sephorusFR
03-16-2010, 02:13 PM
oh, I never checked that. Maybe you can send them a mail and see.
I see guy from Singapore on the site selling/buying so I don't see why US are out.
Anusien
03-16-2010, 02:22 PM
I e-mailed them. US is not currently an option, but it might be in the future.
Eddy Wally
03-23-2010, 06:06 AM
I've been very happy with tingxuan on ebay, he's got a pretty large variety of Asian cards and doesn't mind taking requests for obscure cards that aren't listed. For instance, when I was looking for a large quantity of Korean Urza's Saga basics, he hooked me up with quite a lot of them for a pretty low price.
I've bought from tingxuan too. He always gives a very good service, and is friendly in communication.
Skeggi
03-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Check out www.manamaze.com it has a special Asian-search.
MMogg
03-23-2010, 06:38 AM
I've bought from tingxuan too. He always gives a very good service, and is friendly in communication.
He is a bit crazy expensive though. He's got a playset of Chinese Brainstorms at more than a quarter of what I paid for a whole box of Masques (that included 6 Brainstorms).
@ OP, I think it depends what you mean by "foreign". There are a lot of different sources that cater to specific languages. I would check out MOTL (magictraders.com). There are quite a few very reputable sellers on there who have quite a fair bit of foreign cards for sale at prices more reasonable than ebay or online stores.
Nelis
03-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Check out www.manamaze.com it has a special Asian-search.
http://www.manamaze.com/en/search?searchtype=asian
Eddy Wally
03-23-2010, 06:56 AM
He is a bit crazy expensive though. He's got a playset of Chinese Brainstorms at more than a quarter of what I paid for a whole box of Masques (that included 6 Brainstorms).
@ OP, I think it depends what you mean by "foreign". There are a lot of different sources that cater to specific languages. I would check out MOTL (magictraders.com). There are quite a few very reputable sellers on there who have quite a fair bit of foreign cards for sale at prices more reasonable than ebay or online stores.
About 18 months ago, he charged me 120 euro for a playset of chinese tarmogoyfs. That was less than what you'd pay for an english or french playset here.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.