PDA

View Full Version : Mtg movie,Script nearly complete,searching for co-writers



MC_Kejml
03-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Hello.

I have a M:tg movie project undergo and about three months of storymaking, script-working, and so on with my team. I have producents arranged.

So I came to all the popular servers like Thesource, Mtgsal, M-L, ... In searching for people that would like to help with finishing the story and polishing the script.

What do I have to offer? Two facts.

The movie will be made and will be succesful. I have absolute faith in that, since it's true. The producers are ready, they just await the scripture to begin shooting.

Legal issues are resolved as a "nonprofit movie", as in "Hunt for gollum".

Anyone who is interested, please PM me or mail at MC_Kejml @ post.cz, eventually ICQ 238560172.
I don't want to discuss the project in public.

Have a great day!

Nightmare
03-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Calling Mike Keller - come in, Mike Keller.

Meister_Kai
03-08-2010, 01:48 PM
You have to tell us what kind of movie it will be.

When I think MTG movie, I think of shit like the Weatherlight and Urza. Personally, I believe that a movie based on MTG that actually does its greatest story arc justice (greatest arc being Weatherlight saga obviously) would of had to of come out during the 80's, back when there was a market for crazy fantasy-fairytale stuff. I just have this bad feeling that if one would be made today, it would end up like that Dragonball movie that came out a year ago or so.

herbig
03-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Is the script in English or another language, because your English is very poor.

herbig
03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
That being said, I speak English quite fluently and have been known to do a mean Garth One-Eye impression.

majikal
03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Is the script in English or another language, because your English is very poor.
I assume this is why he needs help polishing the script.

Some Guy
03-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I can only hope this is will be as good as the dungeons and dragons movie. please try and cast a wayan brother if possible. maybe jamie foxx.

Forbiddian
03-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Get Uwe Boll to direct.

EDIT: Also, how the fuck can a non-profit movie be "successful." Anyway, you know if you send this guy an e-mail, he's gonna forward your address to 9,000 spyware companies for 0.001c each to try to "fund his film."

MattH
03-08-2010, 02:12 PM
You have to tell us what kind of movie it will be.

When I think MTG movie, I think of shit like the Weatherlight and Urza. Personally, I believe that a movie based on MTG that actually does its greatest story arc justice (greatest arc being Weatherlight saga obviously) would of had to of come out during the 80's, back when there was a market for crazy fantasy-fairytale stuff. I just have this bad feeling that if one would be made today, it would end up like that Dragonball movie that came out a year ago or so.

I would break the big arc into two distinct parts: the Urza part and the Gerrard part. The Brother's War itself would be good for about a movie and a half's worth (probably 5 hours to tell the story properly), and another epic movie could be made of the second half of Urza's Saga (planeswalking around). The Urza's Legacy stuff was good too. Urza's Destiny was kind of boring - nothing really happened. I think it was something like, "Phyrexians and Keld battle, but it doesn't matter. Urza dicks around. Birth of Gerrard, the end."

The Gerrard-focused stuff was always horseshit. Weatherlight, Tempest block, Masques&Nemesis (Mirage, Visions, and Prophecy were basically side quests that didn't contribute anything to the main story), and Invasion were extremely predictable and relied on a billion cliched tropes. Everything Gerrard ever did felt incredibly hollow. I cannot think of a character with less personality in the entire arc, yet he's presented as the ultimate hero? Fuck that. I would take SERIOUS liberties in adapting the storyline for the big screen, starting with writing Gerrard entirely out of the script.


That being said, I speak English quite fluently and have been known to do a mean Garth One-Eye impression.

Hahahahha

Actually that first story (Arena) was pretty solid, I would watch that.

herbig
03-08-2010, 02:15 PM
EDIT: Also, how the fuck can a non-profit movie be "successful." Anyway, you know if you send this guy an e-mail, he's gonna forward your address to 9,000 spyware companies for 0.001c each to try to "fund his film."

Obviously. The fact that a legitimate discussion is developing is amusing.

coraz86
03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Get Uwe Boll to direct.

Depending on how much of the movie is live-action, I'd prefer Frank Miller.

I agree that the best Magic movie would have to follow the Weatherlight/Legacy arc (Weatherlight through Apocalypse, in terms of the storylines of the expansions). Maybe with Eric Bana as Gerard Capashen, Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson as Crovax, and Andre the Giant as Karn. Sean Connery as Urza, unless they want it to be taken seriously (a la Watchmen or The Dark Knight), in which case maybe Ian McKellen. Could be solid. It would take some work to make it obviously different from Harry Potter though, since the latter is so well-known that people will be paying attention for rip-offs.

majikal
03-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Andre the Giant as Karn
I'm sure they could dig him up for the part.

herbig
03-08-2010, 02:38 PM
There was an old Duelist article that speculated on all this, although I think Kevin Sorbo is probably out of acting and into the fast food service industry by now. I saw him at Gencon 2006 charging $20 for photos. Who else could play Gull nowadays?

Pastorofmuppets
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
why not make a documentary about Magic instead? An entertaining documentary never does poorly.

sunshine
03-08-2010, 02:53 PM
That being said, I speak English quite fluently and have been known to do a mean Garth One-Eye impression.

All sorts of win. This would be a kick ass movie.

herbig
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
why not make a documentary about Magic instead? An entertaining documentary never does poorly.

icametogame.com

sunshine
03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Hahahahha

Actually that first story (Arena) was pretty solid, I would watch that.

Easily best mtg oriented book ever (I say this having only read two - the other being the one featuring Cockatrice and Armageddon Clock, not so hot). I'd typecast Christian Bale as Garth and Johnny Depp as the evil plainswalker dude, guarantee the movie would well, especially if they didn't brand it MtG ("Here I rule!" :gag:).

MC_Kejml
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks for many replies, I'll address every one!


Calling Mike Keller - come in, Mike Keller.

And who might that be?


You have to tell us what kind of movie it will be.

When I think MTG movie, I think of shit like the Weatherlight and Urza. Personally, I believe that a movie based on MTG that actually does its greatest story arc justice (greatest arc being Weatherlight saga obviously) would of had to of come out during the 80's, back when there was a market for crazy fantasy-fairytale stuff. I just have this bad feeling that if one would be made today, it would end up like that Dragonball movie that came out a year ago or so.

It is not a story-driven movie, more of a Rocky/Cool Runnings/Karate kid/The Wrestler one. PM me and I'll tell the details.


Is the script in English or another language, because your English is very poor.

It is Czech, but I have no problems translating. And how about some helpful advice what to improve? :)


That being said, I speak English quite fluently and have been known to do a mean Garth One-Eye impression.

What a great book ( Arena ) and what an iconic villain (don't remember the name; he reminded me of Kookus and "Apocalypse" from X-men)! The guilds were pretty nicely explained, too.


I assume this is why he needs help polishing the script.

I'd actually like to discuss the plot and script with like-minded individuals.


I can only hope this is will be as good as the dungeons and dragons movie. please try and cast a wayan brother if possible. maybe jamie foxx.

I don't have that good connections, but a good idea. I however heard DnD 2 was really poor. Not sure about the first.


Get Uwe Boll to direct.

EDIT: Also, how the fuck can a non-profit movie be "successful." Anyway, you know if you send this guy an e-mail, he's gonna forward your address to 9,000 spyware companies for 0.001c each to try to "fund his film."

No, thanks, we already have our own directors ;) Ever seen Hunt for the Gollum?


why not make a documentary about Magic instead? An entertaining documentary never does poorly.

That's what we're going to do! A sports documentary, actually.

I'll be glad to answer any more questions!

Peter_Rotten
03-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Didn't Mike Glow write this movie already?

OH SNAP! Kicked it old school.

Zork
03-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Holy crap! Someone other than me read Arena? That shit was awesome.

oldbsturgeon
03-09-2010, 07:47 AM
I will say that if the person that did the hunt for gollum and that team is involved, it could actually be pretty cool. I remember when this short film came out and I was pretty impressed at the quality of it for practically nothing.
Basically the crew should be good, so it comes down to the quality of the story and writing.

MC_Kejml
03-09-2010, 11:06 AM
It is not the same crew - the example of "hunt for the gollum" was used to point at people that have made a succesful non-profit movie.

MC_Kejml
03-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Ok. We now have a forum running and discussing about the possible movie plot and script. Everybody is still free to join, contact me on MC_Kejml @ post.cz, by PM or ICQ 238560172. Thanks!

It's http://s7.invisionfree.com/MagicTheMovie, by the way.