PDA

View Full Version : Grindstone, Sensei´s Divining Top and Counterbalance



Dazed
03-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Is this correct?

Player A: Because you played a spell, my Counterbalance triggers. In response to its trigger I activate the SDT ability.
Player B: Ok.
Player A: The "look the top three cards" ability of the SDT resolves. And now the counterbalance...
Player B: Wait a minute, after your SDT resolves but before the counerbalance resolves I activate my Grindstone in order to mess up with your plans....

As far as I understand, player B is not following the correct use of the stack. Or am I missing something?

Thank you very much.

xTrainx
03-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Player B is playing correctly.

The stack goes:

CB Trigger
SDT

SDT resolves. Now both players have to pass priority before the CB trigger can resolve.

Player B does not pass priority, and puts his Grindstone trigger on the stack.
Both players must pass priority again for the Grindstone to resolve, and so on.

cdr
03-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Something on the stack resolves only when both players pass in succession. You can allow one thing on the stack to resolve, and then do something else before the next thing resolves.

Zinch
03-09-2010, 12:01 AM
I wanna point that you can activate top again before the counterbalance trigger resolves