PDA

View Full Version : Casual/budget U/B 'Tog

Exospaciac
04-17-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm a big fan of Psychatog and Gro decks in general. Some of my friends started playing recently, and that's led me to create this deck for casual play.

Here's what I have so far:

4 Underground River
9 Island
6 Swamp
2 Terramorphic Expanse (not sure bout these)

4 Force Spike
4 Duress
2-3 Counterspell
2-3 Mana Leak
3 Ghastly Demise
2 Smother
1 Rend Flesh
2 Wash Out

3 Fathom Seer
4 Serum Visions
2 Fact or Fiction

4 Psychatog
3 Tombstalker

2 Open Slots

A few things:

-Even with all the removal, I find my Psychatogs being chumped long enough for my opponents to recover. Maybe Wonder or Shadow Rift to help me win?
-I would use Rune Snag, and maybe even Accumulated Knowledge, if I didn't have Tombstalker. He makes it impossible though.
-I love Serum Visions, and Fathom Seer is good with Tog, but I do wish I had some sort of instant speed card draw other than FoF. I would just go -3 FS -1 SV for +3-4 Mental Note but Fathom Seer really helps vs. random aggro like kithkins/elves.
-Not a lot of people here play black, so 3 Ghastly Demise is fine maindeck. I usually switch them out if I know I'm facing mono black anyway.
-For now 2 Deep Analysis have been in the maindeck, just cuz I dunno what else to put in the open slots. They've been pretty meh. I'm gonna try Draining Whelk tonight just for the hell of it.
-Of course, I do have some color problems. Terramorphic Expanse slows me down more than it fixes my colors, especially early on. What other inexpensive duals are there?
-Force Spike is the WORST topdeck, but I think it's better than Daze in this deck, simply because the tempo loss isn't worth it most of the time.

So, any suggestions?

Meekrab
04-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Dredgers are pretty sick with Psychatog, and Stinkweed Imp flies and holds off Tarmogoyfs forever. Or at least like, 8 turns, till you run out of cards. There unfortunately aren't any good Blue or Black cards with flashback other than Deep Analysis and Cabal Therapy, which isn't really budget. You could include a singleton Traitor's Clutch to make sure 'tog gets through, I guess.