PDA

View Full Version : Writing down cards



ScatmanX
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
My opponent Duress me. I lay my hand and the table. He gets his pen, paper, say "aether vial" and start writing down the name of the cards. I discard Aether Vial, and pick the rest of my cards up. He asks if he can copy the rest of the names. I don't have to do that, do I?

cdr
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Your opponent is likely attempting to save time. This is good. You have to give him sufficient time to write down the contents of your hand.

Trans Am
04-28-2010, 10:50 PM
How long do they realistically have ? I got thoughtseized, and laid out my hand. The opponent picked up my hand like it was his own, studied it quite intently. Put it back down, wrote all the names down. picked it back up, and studied it again. Passed it back, named a card, then changed his mind and picked another. I didnt want to be a dick, but this took several minutes.

cdr
04-28-2010, 11:03 PM
You have to be reasonably quick or you run into Slow Play. You should be able to resolve the spell in under 30 seconds, writing included.