PDA

View Full Version : Black Death

DragoFireheart
05-18-2010, 09:50 PM
This is a mono-black causal multiplayer deck designed to do one thing: prey on the ever popular creatures that infest multiplayer games.

2 Dread
4 Fleshbag Marauder

4 Dark Ritual
4 Innocent Blood
4 Mutilate
4 Night's Whisper
3 Syphon Life

3 Lethal Vapors
1 Necropotence
3 Phyrexian Arena
1 Yawgmoth's Bargain
4 Sun Droplet

23 Swamp

Theme: I kill lots of creatures. Nothing can survive the onslaught of sacrifice and -X/-X effects. This deck can easily stop the largest of creatures or that annoying elf deck that keeps making tokens.

Allow me to explain some of the less obvious cards:

Lethal Vapors: A long term creature kill enchantment with the added bonus of screwing someone over. When I drop this, everyone is gonna play chicken with deciding who wants to lose a turn. This can cause players to attack the player that just lost their turn in hopes of killing them.

Sun Droplet. I like this card but it doesn't help with our life loss and is vulnerable to artifact destruction. Potent when we get swarmed by aggro and we regain all the life we loss, but it lacks at times. I wonder if something like Demon's Horn would help give us more life gain. This deck self inflicts a lot of damage due to all of the card draw effects.

Dread: I like him because A: He has a form of evasion B: Discourages creatures from trying to harm us and C: goes back into our library if we kill it.

Syphon Life: This card pulls double duty of healing us and killing our opponents. This is the other win con we have. I used to use Corrupt, but a single counter spell stops it, which is very annoying.

This deck loses horribly to combo decks and burn decks but has no issues with any deck that relies on creatures to win.

death
05-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Time to dust off my WB Korean Necropotence.

Greenpoe
05-21-2010, 02:40 AM
Ivory Tower is probably your best bet for lifegain.

Kangaxx
05-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Time to dust off my WB Korean Necropotence.

Why is that version worth $50 anyways? It's a 5th Ed, card, I never got that.