jrsthethird
06-05-2010, 02:25 AM
This was addressed here 7 years ago, but since then LED received errata, correct?
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18822862/?pg=last
Relevant part:
* If you have Madness cards in the hand you discard to Lion's Eye Diamond, you can play them with the mana you get from the ability.
* You can sacrifice more Lion's Eye Diamonds for mana before you play the spell cards discarded for the first.
* If you discard more than one Madness card at the same time, can play them all. You just can't play them in response to each other. Each one must resolve before the next one is played.
I just looked at the Comp. Rules and I'm pretty sure it still works, but I want to check. Also, it seems to me that with the timing restriction on LED, the second point is not true anymore. However, since casting a spell with madness involves putting it on the stack, you should be able to use a second LED to make mana after putting your first madness spell on the stack.
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18822862/?pg=last
Relevant part:
* If you have Madness cards in the hand you discard to Lion's Eye Diamond, you can play them with the mana you get from the ability.
* You can sacrifice more Lion's Eye Diamonds for mana before you play the spell cards discarded for the first.
* If you discard more than one Madness card at the same time, can play them all. You just can't play them in response to each other. Each one must resolve before the next one is played.
I just looked at the Comp. Rules and I'm pretty sure it still works, but I want to check. Also, it seems to me that with the timing restriction on LED, the second point is not true anymore. However, since casting a spell with madness involves putting it on the stack, you should be able to use a second LED to make mana after putting your first madness spell on the stack.