PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Valakut Burn

Neuad
06-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Valakut Burn is a deck based around burning the shit out of your opponent, it is currently a budget deck in standard, but I'm sure with some knowledge of red it could be turned into a great legacy deck.

Here is my decklist built to fit Standard, could we get some brainstorming on how I can switch it up a bit to make it better in Legacy?

MAIN DECK
2 Chandra Nalaar
Creatures [2]

4 Burst Lightning
2 Comet Storm
4 Expedition Map
2 Fiery Fall
4 Harrow
4 Khalni Heart Expedition
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Rampant Growth
3 Roiling Terrain
Spells [31]

3 Evolving Wilds
3 Forest
14 Mountain
3 Terramorphic Expanse
4 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
Lands [27]

SIDEBOARD
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Grazing Gladehart
1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
2 Ondu Giant
4 Siege-Gang Commander

akiratheoni
06-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I have this deck and although it's a lot of fun, I think it's too slow to be in Legacy, unless we're going to use some sort of Lands shell along with Scapeshift to power out Valakut (I think there was a build that ran it at the Star City Open?). In which case it would look nothing at all like the Standard decklist.

Here's the decklist: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=33219

Although it was embarrassing for the pilot since he was on a feature match vs. I think Goyf Sligh, and apparently he kept trying to just put lands into play through Burgeoning even though his opponent wasn't playing any lands at all lol. Also he forgot how much mountain was in his deck and punted a Scapeshift because he could only get out 5 mountains plus a Vesuva. But Vesuva can't copy the mountains that are coming into play with Scapeshift, and the pilot forgot that the only lands his opponent controlled were mountains. They ended up drawing out the match -.-

Neuad
06-07-2010, 09:12 PM
That is one expensive deck. Hahah :(