PDA

View Full Version : Grapeshot & Vines of Vastwood



EricSS
06-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi all, I am new to the forums.

I wanted to start by asking a question I just can not find the answer to.

Last night the group know it all stated that if I cast a Vines of Vastwood on a creature after it was killed with grapeshot that he could just use the other storm copies to kill it.

Is this true? Correct me if I am wrong, but the storm copies go on the stack instantly and my Vines of Vastwood should have been placed on top of that stack which triggered it first no matter where he wanted the remaining copies to go.

Thanks guys and Im glad to be a member here. =)

Pinder
06-15-2010, 04:22 PM
It doesn't matter when you cast Vines. Either you cast Vines right after the storm trigger, it resolves first and gives your dude shroud. Then it's not a legal target for any of the storm copies once the storm trigger resolves and puts all of the copies on the stack. However, they can still choose other legal targets for the copies in this case.

Or, you can play it after the storm trigger resolves but before the storm copies resolve. This is the better play because your guy gets shroud after they've chosen targets for the storm copies, so any copies that target your guy will get countered on resolution due to lack of a legal target.

EricSS
06-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks, thats what I thought. I didnt think my vines went into the middle of his stack =)

Aethan
06-17-2010, 11:00 PM
You will often find that group know it alls will display a cunningly correct and timely knowledge of the rules when picking apart your plays and an equally cunning and timely misrepresentation of the rules when defending their own.

jrsthethird
06-18-2010, 01:46 AM
.....hence why they are "know-it-alls" and not judges.