PDA

View Full Version : Bombs Away!!!

Mystical_Jackass
08-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Sorta a funny concept I came up with... everybody at one point in there life's thought of winning with GOBLIN BOMB! I'll admit, this is not friggin' easy to do lol. The combo revolves around several different cards in sync and a little bit of luck with the bomb itself, but if you can WIN you're opponent will be owned for life. :smile:

Here's a list I came up with. This is all just on paper so far, literally 0% testing so I'm open to all ideas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BOMBS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Land (18)
4 Volcanic Island
6 Fetch
7 Island
1 Mountain

Combo (12)
4 Training Grounds
4 Paradise Mantle
4 Gilder Bairn
4 Goblin Bomb

Other (30)
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
3 Daze
4 Force of Will
4 Counterspell
2 Spell Pierce
4 Lightning Bolt
1 Repeal
4 Wall of Tears

----------------
SB (15)
4 Propaganda
4 Pyroclasm
4 Tormod's Crypt

Hunding Gjornersen
09-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Great concept. I love the built-in combo. The list you posted is probably out of date, though, due to the "proliferate" mechanic from Scars of Mirodin. That mechanic makes this strategy a lot more appealing, so I'd wait til more of the set is spoiled to see how far one can push Goblin Bomb.

Mystical_Jackass
09-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks man. I did throw the deck together a while ago, obviously it's pretty much a crap deck lol, but it CAN win in a good 5 turns when things go well.

My list actually didn't include counterspell, spell pierce, repeal, or lightning bolt. I threw in Lotus Petal to speed it up... so far it's been "ok". From doing some small testing, I sorta came to the conclusion that:

1) The combo just has 1+ too many parts atm... just too much to go wrong, even for casual.
2) FoW almost isn't even needed, the deck almost can't afford to pitch anything else, it either needs just Daze or just FoW.
3) The deck needs serious draw. First thought was something like dropping Standstill turn1 and include a couple factories for support just in case.

I'll take a look at the Proliferate spells, that's a great idea the thought didn't even cross my mind. Maybe dropping the "combo" for that, maybe even throwing in Clockspinning, could be a good way to go. Thrumming Bird & Turn Aside from Scars look pretty promising already. Krark's seems like it should have a spot, but as a card is pretty much just sucks by itself unless I'm running more to abuse it with. Paradox Haze sucks, that wasn't ever good in testing. Trinket Mage worked welll to get top or paradise mantle, but I might just end up cutting all that if I find a way to make proliferate work..