PDA

View Full Version : Most ridiculous legacy deck you can find on deckcheck



perm
09-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Or not even on deckcheck, but have placed in a legacy event.

Troll deck (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=30618)

menace13
09-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Pfft Everyone knows Trolls fold to Orzhov Aggro. I can play Edge of,Unholy Strength and not even a single Jitte on all my guys because they are all dual colored and Awesome and 6-0 trolls in a best of 5. Also the most incredibly random inexplicable sb slots evar: Lotus Bloom+Lich's Mirror, to turn into a Combo deck.
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=36026

Edit; Just looked at sb....

perm
09-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Wow, it SB's suture spirit. Interesting.

woremak
09-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Why go B/W when you can go R/W to play spitemare?

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=21484

justjake54
09-06-2010, 02:57 AM
Pfft Everyone knows Trolls fold to Orzhov Aggro. I can play Edge of,Unholy Strength and not even a single Jitte on all my guys because they are all dual colored and Awesome and 6-0 trolls in a best of 5. Also the most incredibly random inexplicable sb slots evar: Lotus Bloom+Lich's Mirror, to turn into a Combo deck.
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=36026

Edit; Just looked at sb....

I swear I played against a deck just like this at my local legacy tournament last wednesday!....I beat him...I swear he was even playing unholy strength. Although he was playing Academy Rector.

lorddotm
09-06-2010, 03:16 AM
Pfft Everyone knows Trolls fold to Orzhov Aggro. I can play Edge of,Unholy Strength and not even a single Jitte on all my guys because they are all dual colored and Awesome and 6-0 trolls in a best of 5. Also the most incredibly random inexplicable sb slots evar: Lotus Bloom+Lich's Mirror, to turn into a Combo deck.
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=36026

Edit; Just looked at sb....

this got 7th and there is an 8th. I just wanted to point that out. this didn't get last.

Leftconsin
09-06-2010, 03:37 AM
This is now my favorite thread on the Source.

Pastorofmuppets
09-06-2010, 09:54 AM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=19645
This shit got first place somewhere.

majikal
09-06-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=19645
This shit got first place somewhere.
Well I mean when you're packing Time Vault combo in a format where it's not legal it's pretty easy to get first place.

Maveric78f
09-06-2010, 10:16 AM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=19645
This shit got first place somewhere.

It looks good. Don't you see the good interactions in this deck?

I don't see how you can compare this deck with the previously cited ones.

kiblast
09-06-2010, 10:27 AM
It looks good. Don't you see the good interactions in this deck?

I don't see how you can compare this deck with the previously cited ones.

very interesting deck, really.

johanessen
09-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Well I mean when you're packing Time Vault combo in a format where it's not legal it's pretty easy to get first place.

Legacy tournaments (see Rule 912) have banned this card since 2008/09/20.

Deck Date: 07. Sep 2008

luma
09-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Well I mean when you're packing Time Vault combo in a format where it's not legal it's pretty easy to get first place.

Do note, that the event in question was on 7th September 2008. Time Vault was banned from Legacy on 20th September 2008.

menace13
09-06-2010, 11:24 AM
this got 7th and there is an 8th. I just wanted to point that out. this didn't get last.

The deck is obv broken and just barely lost to mana screw and drawing nothing but bad cards-to be fair, they were all pretty bad cards anyhow-.


I swear I played against a deck just like this at my local legacy tournament last wednesday!....I beat him...I swear he was even playing unholy strength. Although he was playing Academy Rector.

You just got lucky is all, that deck is SERIOUS BIZZ!


Do note, that the event in question was on 7th September 2008. Time Vault was banned from Legacy on 20th September 2008.

Was this after it got errata to become the best combo in magic currently?

perm
09-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Goblin cannon clearly needs the ban

naurthal
09-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Egg combo. Look it up. Seriously wtf.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=29493

obituary 95
09-06-2010, 01:20 PM
angelfire http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=29594

digital
09-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Slivers ftw! http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=19873

Fuzzy
09-06-2010, 02:55 PM
angelfire http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=29594

Except forthe manabase and the lack of Zur's Weirding and Moat, I liked it.

Brushwagg
09-06-2010, 03:02 PM
To make this Thread a little more fun the cut off for number of people should be 25-30 range. Anything lower and it's really a local event and weird stuff can do well in locals.

Vampires (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=30217): 30 people

menace13
09-06-2010, 03:20 PM
To make this Thread a little more fun the cut off for number of people should be 25-30 range. Anything lower and it's really a local event and weird stuff can do well in locals.

Vampires (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=30217): 30 people

I see your Vamps and raise you a Tribal REBEL Countertop, 33 man?
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=36894

NiRVeS
09-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Ninja's (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=28407) - 2nd of 58 players. Mothdust Changeling ftw.
Soldiers (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=28408)- 3rd place at that same event. Deftblade Elite? Catapult Squad?

And yeah, you knew this would happen... (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=35961)

Tinefol
09-06-2010, 04:54 PM
And yeah, you knew this would happen... (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=35961)

Stop trolling on my tournament performance :/

QQQ
09-06-2010, 04:58 PM
At 47 people..........I give you all.............MIX: http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=12020

What makes it so deliciously bad, is how every decision is just almost plausable, but turns at the last second toward the awful.

naurthal
09-06-2010, 05:44 PM
At 47 people..........I give you all.............MIX: http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=12020

What makes it so deliciously bad, is how every decision is just almost plausable, but turns at the last second toward the awful.

75-card sideboard for the win.

majikal
09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Do note, that the event in question was on 7th September 2008. Time Vault was banned from Legacy on 20th September 2008.
Ah, didn't notice the date. Makes a little more sense now. ;)

naurthal
09-06-2010, 06:34 PM
I've just found this one.
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=8385
I don't think anyone can find something even more ridiculous.
EDIT: Yes this is a challenge.

Rigero
09-06-2010, 06:46 PM
You know that Flash get's banned after this because this combo was so broken, dont you?

Brushwagg
09-06-2010, 08:51 PM
This (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=24578)


I don't think anyone can find something even more ridiculous.

Your sarcasim is showing.

Cire
09-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Allies + standardize

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=34935

obituary 95
09-06-2010, 11:49 PM
heres a few decks that are odd

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37689

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37807

Equinozio
09-07-2010, 04:35 AM
This deck is pretty strange too.

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37218

Philipp2293
09-07-2010, 05:31 AM
This deck is pretty strange too.

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37218

First thing that came to my mind. Strangely enoug I played a bit with it on MWS and it didn't fold to some competitive decks.

Tao
09-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Niv Mizzet - Curiosity Combo. The funny thing about this is how it was promoted by some people in a Forum as how they totally broke the format with this
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=4486

I think this might be the worst deck posted so far when it comes to actual win percentages. it might very well lose to a good draft deck:
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=1862

Grollub
09-07-2010, 07:16 AM
I think this might be the worst deck posted so far when it comes to actual win percentages. it might very well lose to a good draft deck:
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=1862
The most beautiful deck tho.

martyr
09-07-2010, 07:44 AM
The most beautiful deck tho.

srsly.

Nelis
09-07-2010, 07:52 AM
srsly.

And it can even be amazingly improved by adding the promo Path To Exile!

martyr
09-07-2010, 08:15 AM
And it can even be amazingly improved by adding the promo Path To Exile!

srsly.

LordEvilTeaCup
09-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Lol that Crackdown is some cool tech.

Valdez
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=14231

i've bought 4 magus of the jar when i saw this and it will be the last deck i play, b4 i quit playin legacy...

martyr
09-07-2010, 04:16 PM
I was all up in that JarTendrils deck's business, mockin it and shit. The player spoke all in caps, and I used the word "bumf*ckery" but the long and the short of it is you ditch Entomb for the privilege of watering down a Reanimator deck with a combo win and you deserve what you get. I even worked Twilight in there, but then lost it because I hit the wrong button. You know it was funny.

So pissed, that was like 20 minutes of half typing, half watching Harry Potter. fml.

perm
09-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I was all up in that JarTendrils deck's business, mockin it and shit. The player spoke all in caps, and I used the word "bumf*ckery" but the long and the short of it is you ditch Entomb for the privilege of watering down a Reanimator deck with a combo win and you deserve what you get. I even worked Twilight in there, but then lost it because I hit the wrong button. You know it was funny.

So pissed, that was like 20 minutes of half typing, half watching Harry Potter. fml.

I have no idea what this post means

(nameless one)
09-07-2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=19645
This shit got first place somewhere.

Without Time Vault, can anyone explain to me the combos of this deck? Or you need Time Vault to combo out?


I see your Vamps and raise you a Tribal REBEL Countertop, 33 man?
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=36894

I recognize that list. I used to test almost the same list when I had time for MWS.

Nonex
09-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Without Time Vault, can anyone explain to me the combos of this deck? Or you need Time Vault to combo out?

Right now I see:

Mizzium Transreliquat's colorless ability + Time Vault = infinite turns
Basalt Monolith + Power Artifact = infinite mana --> Goblin Cannon / Magma Mine / Stroke of Genius

Power Artifact makes both Cannon and Mine go faster, yet not enough to be better targets than Basalt Monolith.

TossUsToLions
09-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I have no idea what this post means

Same. I have no idea what is going on. But that deck is actually kinda cool.

perm
09-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Same. I have no idea what is going on. But that deck is actually kinda cool.

Agree, I kind of want to optimize it and play it

perm
09-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Same. I have no idea what is going on. But that deck is actually kinda cool.

Agree, I kind of want to optimize it and play it

martyr
09-08-2010, 07:25 AM
but the long and the short of it is you ditch Entomb for the privilege of watering down a Reanimator deck with a combo win and you deserve what you get.

is the important part.

Brushwagg
09-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Hive Mind Combo (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=35264)

Taurelin
09-08-2010, 12:31 PM
1st of 64 (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=6764).

Okay, it's some kind of Burn.dec, but several card-choices (Shock, Havoc, 13 Mountains) are indeed hilarious. So is the deck name, which reads something like "Yeaaaaaah, for the first time! Katharina, I love you!"

Brushwagg
09-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Gifts Ungiven (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=22383) taken a little to far?

Trinket Stalker? (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=22386) Not all that bad but some card choices are kind of questionable. Bottled Cloister really?

These 2 were in the same event.

android
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Here's the Trinket Stalker list you were looking for. I think all it does is kill/steal Goyfs, Lightning Bolt to the brain and rape your hand. It's got like 16 strategies.

Next History (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=20570)

naurthal
09-08-2010, 05:14 PM
I think all it does is kill/steal Goyfs, Lightning Bolt to the brain and rape your hand. It's got like 16 strategies.[/URL]

Other than that, it a) doesn't play FoW b) sucks.

Also, http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=36728. The name itself is ridiculous.

EDIT: Oh crap I've just stumbled upon http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/legacy/19973_Deck_Tech_Legacy_Jund_with_Matt_Landstrom.html. Srlsly Bill Stark? 152 out of It Doesn't Matter at SCG Open Minneapolis?

freakish777
09-08-2010, 06:22 PM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=9876

Hell Yeah 1st place with ARCANE DENIAL! Also, who runs 4 Force of Will? Lolz, suckers.

menace13
09-08-2010, 09:47 PM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=9876

Hell Yeah 1st place with ARCANE DENIAL! Also, who runs 4 Force of Will? Lolz, suckers.

I have always dreamed of piloting a deck with a single Peacekeeper and only 3 FoWs to victory!! Someday....

dontbiteitholmes
09-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Other than that, it a) doesn't play FoW b) sucks.

Also, http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=36728. The name itself is ridiculous.

EDIT: Oh crap I've just stumbled upon http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/legacy/19973_Deck_Tech_Legacy_Jund_with_Matt_Landstrom.html. Srlsly Bill Stark? 152 out of It Doesn't Matter at SCG Open Minneapolis?

I think he was literally last place, I was there and I'm pretty sure there were about that number of players.

kicks_422
09-08-2010, 09:55 PM
TURBO FOG! (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=28829)

jrsthethird
09-08-2010, 10:07 PM
I think he was literally last place, I was there and I'm pretty sure there were about that number of players.

Not to mention his sideboard only has 11 cards...

perm
09-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Not to mention his sideboard only has 11 cards...

is that even legal?

kiblast
09-08-2010, 10:10 PM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=19551

ALL AS USUAL, MAN.

jrsthethird
09-08-2010, 10:11 PM
No.


http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=9876

Hell Yeah 1st place with ARCANE DENIAL! Also, who runs 4 Force of Will? Lolz, suckers.

What's funny is that the tournament was in 2007 but I don't think his list has a single card released post-2003.

caiomarcos
09-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Hive Mind Combo (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=35264)


Not even close to be as bad as the other lists posted. It has 4-of of a now banned card, BS, FoW etc and it pretty much beats anything non blue, just like, you know, any combo deck.

Also, I lost to that list in that very same tournament while playing enchantress. :D

Tao
09-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Not even close to be as bad as the other lists posted. It has 4-of of a now banned card, BS, FoW etc and it pretty much beats anything non blue, just like, you know, any combo deck.

Also, I lost to that list in that very same tournament while playing enchantress. :D

Indeed. That deck is/was pretty damn good.

jrsthethird
09-08-2010, 11:48 PM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=19551

ALL AS USUAL, MAN.

It wouldn't be so bad if he had included Manamorphose with the Guildmage.

Brushwagg
09-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Not even close to be as bad as the other lists posted. It has 4-of of a now banned card, BS, FoW etc and it pretty much beats anything non blue, just like, you know, any combo deck.


Just Because it played Mystical Tutor, FoW, and Brainstorm doesn't make it good. It played Hive Mind and Pacts as win conditions.


Also, I lost to that list in that very same tournament while playing enchantress. :D

I should comment but I won't. Too easy.

Meekrab
09-09-2010, 12:50 AM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=9876

Hell Yeah 1st place with ARCANE DENIAL! Also, who runs 4 Force of Will? Lolz, suckers.
Fuck an Arcane Denial, first place with Whirling fucking Dervish.

In case, you know, you run into Mono Black Aggro.

median
09-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Fuck an Arcane Denial, first place with Whirling fucking Dervish.

In case, you know, you run into Mono Black Aggro.

It should be pointed out that second was mono black.

Edit; And fourth, and there was pikula

Meekrab
09-09-2010, 01:29 AM
It should be pointed out that second was mono black.
With 11 whole creatures. 4 of which have Flying. Doesn't exactly count.

Brushwagg
09-09-2010, 11:06 AM
King in the Castle (http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=32164) 24 person.

The Russians have some weird t3ch going on.

freakish777
09-09-2010, 04:14 PM
It should be pointed out that second was mono black.

Edit; And fourth, and there was pikula

Let's not forgot the 4 mana Light of Day out of the board (against a land destruction deck). What a beating!




http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=6849


:eyebrow: Not entirely sure why dirty kitty would want only 3 fecundity...

Bardo
09-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Moved to Community.

Plague Sliver
09-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Fuck an Arcane Denial, first place with Whirling fucking Dervish.

In case, you know, you run into Mono Black Aggro.

I LOL'd. Thanks for making my day! :-)

freakish777
09-17-2010, 04:31 PM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37218


Holy crap, this placed first out of 24 people, including a fairly normal looking Zoo (if slightly sub-optimal) list in Second.





EDIT:


http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=33735


MAN POWER! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! (Howard Dean style)

johanessen
09-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Emrakul, WTF?¿!!http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37225

Meekrab
09-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Oh man, Emrakul in a deck with 4 Dark Confidant. That was well thought out.

atropos
09-18-2010, 03:41 AM
Emrakul, WTF?¿!!http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37225

There's just so much potential for life-loss! Bitterblossom and Bob is a painful combination.

menace13
09-18-2010, 04:56 AM
Emrakul, WTF?¿!!http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37225

I had to see it after reading the posts because i expected.. I don't know what i expected to tell the truth. But, now i see it. It took me a while at first and you are all obvobvobv missing the intricacies of the anti Painter tech,Random SnT backfire, and the coup de grâce..
Turn 20 Hard cast Emrakul ftw.

kiblast
09-18-2010, 06:56 AM
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37218


Holy crap, this placed first out of 24 people, including a fairly normal looking Zoo (if slightly sub-optimal) list in Second.




Man i love this deck since i discovered it. Me + a friend of mine are working/tweaking it since a week ago....Too Fun!

dahcmai
09-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Man i love this deck since i discovered it. Me + a friend of mine are working/tweaking it since a week ago....Too Fun!


This is actually a very, very old deck theme. Chapin and I made one up one ages ago. We called ours "Do it on top" and I doubt we were the first ones to try it. It wasn't any good back then, but fun to play and frustrating as hell to play against. This deck really isn't same one anymore, but it has the same old premise. We used to use crap like Disempower and Fallow Earth, which was inherently hilarious being played next to moxen and such. Tells you how long ago that was. Least it kept the Memory Lapse and Plow Under, but the rest of the deck is totally different now. I remember when Temporal Spring came out and I was so happy since that deck got a new card. Truly funny something like that old crap showed up again.

PaRa
09-18-2010, 04:11 PM
I donno if anybody already posted this:

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=34291

great probs to Markus to bring this deck to the tournament and going well with it.

FoulQ
09-18-2010, 07:56 PM
I had to see it after reading the posts because i expected.. I don't know what i expected to tell the truth. But, now i see it. It took me a while at first and you are all obvobvobv missing the intricacies of the anti Painter tech,Random SnT backfire, and the coup de grâce..
Turn 20 Hard cast Emrakul ftw.

Here is what you do with this.

You bring your cards in a dragon shield box and write "SNT" on it, and face it casually towards your opponent. Your bottom card of your deck will be Emrakul. You will casually flash it to your opponent as you are shuffling (but of course make sure not to show anything else).

This way they will keep counter heavy hands instead of the removal heavy hands they should against dark depths. And it will make a difference in their play choices in the beginning stages of the game as well.

sa17dk
09-18-2010, 08:22 PM
My dream deck. Enchantress Tendrils

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37884

clavio
09-18-2010, 10:42 PM
I donno if anybody already posted this:

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=34291

great probs to Markus to bring this deck to the tournament and going well with it.

I dont even understand how this deck works.

Phoenix Ignition
09-18-2010, 10:45 PM
I dont even understand how this deck works.

Cycle creatures, cascade into Living End, beat face.

atropos
09-19-2010, 02:22 AM
My dream deck. Enchantress Tendrils

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=37884

I particularly like his singleton Concordant Crossroads to give his Argothian Enchantresses haste (oh yeah and I guess some bear tokens as well). I think this should be moved to the DTB section.

baghdadbob
09-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Not sure if anyone else is subscribed to Enric on youtube but this is pretty friggin epic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiAEVDiY7No&feature=sub

lorddotm
09-20-2010, 08:13 PM
At 47 people..........I give you all.............MIX: http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=12020

What makes it so deliciously bad, is how every decision is just almost plausable, but turns at the last second toward the awful.

At first I was like... this is bad, but not too bad, you can just Survival for all the creatures. Upon farther examination, no Survival. FAIL!

jrsthethird
09-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Not sure if anyone else is subscribed to Enric on youtube but this is pretty friggin epic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiAEVDiY7No&feature=sub

When he kicked Rite on Sower and stole Xavi's board, they missed the 2 Exalted triggers when he attacked with Putrid Imp. His attack the next turn put him to 2, so the game should have been over then without allowing him a chance to topdeck an out.

baghdadbob
09-20-2010, 11:19 PM
When he kicked Rite on Sower and stole Xavi's board, they missed the 2 Exalted triggers when he attacked with Putrid Imp. His attack the next turn put him to 2, so the game should have been over then without allowing him a chance to topdeck an out.

Yeah I saw that and was wondering... still a pretty funny win against bant.

bakofried
09-21-2010, 02:01 AM
What were you all thinking when you saw the Rite? Btw, what was his decklist?

Mister Agent
09-26-2010, 04:46 AM
I am a big fan of this deck since it got first in a 30 player tournament so that means it's a top tier deck!!

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=32248

perm
09-26-2010, 04:47 AM
I am a big fan of this deck since it got first in a 30 player tournament so that means it's a top tier deck!!

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=32248

looks like it has its own archetype already

Meekrab
09-27-2010, 10:29 AM
I am a big fan of this deck since it got first in a 30 player tournament so that means it's a top tier deck!!

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=32248
The second place deck was playing Browbeat. That's a solid metagame to do tier analysis from.

Mister Agent
09-30-2010, 03:27 PM
The second place deck was playing Browbeat. That's a solid metagame to do tier analysis from.

Eh, I would rather have the second place list play Fork instead.