Linkin Pac
12-07-2010, 10:00 PM
For your reference, the Land Equilibrium oracle text:
If an opponent who controls at least as many lands as you do would put a land onto the battlefield, that player instead puts that land onto the battlefield then sacrifices a land.
I know that if I manage to get this enchantment into play and also get rid of both mine and my opponent's lands (with something like Armageddon), then whenever my opponent puts a land into play, he must immediately sacrifice a land (as long as I have no lands). My question is, does the opponent get to tap the land to add mana for the short time that it is in play? I would think that if Land Equilibrium's effect is a triggered effect, then one would be able to tap in response to the sacrifice a land effect being on the stack. However, the Legend rule seems to contradict this assessment; for example, you cannot put a second Gaea's Cradle into play and then tap it in response to the Legend rule taking effect. Please help me with this, and let me know if it has any relation with how the Legend rule works.
If an opponent who controls at least as many lands as you do would put a land onto the battlefield, that player instead puts that land onto the battlefield then sacrifices a land.
I know that if I manage to get this enchantment into play and also get rid of both mine and my opponent's lands (with something like Armageddon), then whenever my opponent puts a land into play, he must immediately sacrifice a land (as long as I have no lands). My question is, does the opponent get to tap the land to add mana for the short time that it is in play? I would think that if Land Equilibrium's effect is a triggered effect, then one would be able to tap in response to the sacrifice a land effect being on the stack. However, the Legend rule seems to contradict this assessment; for example, you cannot put a second Gaea's Cradle into play and then tap it in response to the Legend rule taking effect. Please help me with this, and let me know if it has any relation with how the Legend rule works.