Gui
06-28-2011, 02:17 PM
So, ok, I know the Layers and how they work, but the sub-layer system of Layer 7 confused me with an example:
The sub-layers are:
612.3a Layer 7a: Effects from characteristic-defining abilities are applied.
612.3b Layer 7b: Effects that set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value are applied.
612.3c Layer 7c: Effects that modify power and/or toughness (but don't set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value) are applied.
612.3d Layer 7d: Power and/or toughness changes from counters are applied.
612.3e Layer 7e: Effects that switch a creature's power and toughness are applied.
So, say I have a 2/2 Goblin in the battlefield, and he's got a +1/+1 counter (layer 7d). My opponent casts 2 Engineered Plague and name Goblin, both giving continuous -1/-1 (Layer 7c) So, Layer 7c aplies before 7d, making it a 0/0.
And then? Will he die? Will it be granted +1/+1? Can someone point me to the ruling? I can't find it! xD
Thanks in advance.
The sub-layers are:
612.3a Layer 7a: Effects from characteristic-defining abilities are applied.
612.3b Layer 7b: Effects that set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value are applied.
612.3c Layer 7c: Effects that modify power and/or toughness (but don't set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value) are applied.
612.3d Layer 7d: Power and/or toughness changes from counters are applied.
612.3e Layer 7e: Effects that switch a creature's power and toughness are applied.
So, say I have a 2/2 Goblin in the battlefield, and he's got a +1/+1 counter (layer 7d). My opponent casts 2 Engineered Plague and name Goblin, both giving continuous -1/-1 (Layer 7c) So, Layer 7c aplies before 7d, making it a 0/0.
And then? Will he die? Will it be granted +1/+1? Can someone point me to the ruling? I can't find it! xD
Thanks in advance.