PDA

View Full Version : Holy EFFING S - KOREAN IS BACK!



Tha Gunslinga
08-23-2011, 12:15 AM
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdaily%2Farcana%2F782

So, yeah, Korean foils.

TheElvishPiper
08-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Yes!!!!!!!

OurSerratedDust
08-23-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm so freaking excited! Woooo!

Mr.C
08-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Oooh, everyone's favorite Asian language is back? Now I really want them to reprint rav duals, lol :p

Koby
08-23-2011, 12:46 AM
...

HOT DAMN!

I'm going to be broke for the next 10 years. :(

lordofthepit
08-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Would you guys be more or less excited if they introduced Arabic cards? Especially in a return to Arabian Nights?

How about Klingon? :smile:

sdematt
08-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Holy tits.

I r excited. Especially if Dark Confidant is reprinted. Korean Foil Dark Confidant? Take that, Russian foil.

-Matt

Koby
08-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Would you guys be more or less excited if they introduced Arabic cards? Especially in a return to Arabian Nights?

How about Klingon? :smile:

Who would be the target audience for Arabic cards? MTG, on principal, is forbidden (gambling, demonic referrences) in most of the countries where Arabic is spoken.

Korea at least has a gamer sub-culture. I'm not sure how many of them play Magic (rather than SC2/computer games), but at least there is an audience nonetheless.

Fossil4182
08-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Holy tits.

I r excited. Especially if Dark Confidant is reprinted. Korean Foil Dark Confidant? Take that, Russian foil.

-Matt

My only concern with reprinting Dark Confidant is it would depend on the art work. If they change the artwork like they did with Meddling Mage and its much worse than the original, I don't know if they will more sought after than the Japanese or Russian foils from Rav.

ivanpei
08-23-2011, 08:45 AM
SEXY BACK!!!! w00t! Korean words remind me of tic tac toe, plenty of lines and circles! These will be pretty freaking sexy.

Deviruchi
08-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah, finally I know what kind of FOIL Ponder I want to have as a playset :)

dahcmai
08-23-2011, 02:21 PM
It just happened that I have three friends living in Korea and one already agreed to pick up cards for me there and mail them back. So I'll have a supply I can share here soon. I will end up buying a lot. Now when do they expect to be shipping them out is the question?

Mark Sun
08-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Keyboard sticky.

Technical difficulties. In other news, this is awesome.

god_campbell
08-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Sweet Jesus, I am stoked!!

sdematt
08-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Sweet Jesus, I've had a stroke!!

Corrected. Just kidding, I'm so excited as well.

-Matt

sporenfrosch1411
08-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Too bad us europeans can't get sealed asian products.... at least not officially...

GGoober
08-23-2011, 08:47 PM
And here I am half-thinking I'm almost done grabbing the Korean playsets/Staples for eternal.

I think it's time for me to finally sell the English foil bullcrap and get some $$ to spend on what I like.

god_campbell
08-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Sweet Jesus, I've had a stroke!!
Corrected. Just kidding, I'm so excited as well.

-Matt

Hahah it was pretty to close to one :P

samurai_socks
08-23-2011, 10:47 PM
I wonder how many cards will end up outside Korea vs. in Korea.

-Cheers-

Getsickanddie
08-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Sweet. Now you guys can stop bidding up all the Russian foils I want.

socialite
08-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Sweet. Now you guys can stop bidding up all the Russian foils I want.

Hype kitties that way --->

---

I'm very excited for Korean Foils!

Koby
08-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Just because new Korean cards will be available in foil, doesn't mean I'm going to go gaga over Korean foils. I still prefer stock cardboard to shiny metalclad cardboard. (that is, i'm not distracted by shiny things*)

That said, I wouldn't be adverse to trading them to other Korean-language pimping fans.

* If you can't completely make a deck shiny, then it's cheating in my book. Both by not having a complete foil deck, and the fact that foils warp the deck and makes it easy to know what your topdeck is.

sdematt
08-24-2011, 12:20 PM
My issue is you have a 13 year gap in Korean-ness. You can't fully Korean out your deck, which blows.

Mind you, the only languages you CAN pimp your deck out fully in are German, French, English, Italian (and to a lesser extent Japanese and the rest).

But still, I think this is really cool, but I can see these foils getting expensive.

-Matt

Wanderlust
08-24-2011, 01:18 PM
I say the more languages the better!

I would love to see magic printed in Turkish.

nedleeds
08-24-2011, 04:14 PM
* If you can't completely make a deck shiny, then it's cheating in my book. Both by not having a complete foil deck, and the fact that foils warp the deck and makes it easy to know what your topdeck is.

I went down this road a few pages back in the pimpage thread. The "IFZ IT_TAINT J@PZZ F01L S1GNED ALTERED Y0U R P00R" police stomped me in the throat. Perhaps the pimp thread needs to diverge into those who enjoy the foil and those who enjoy the non foil. Much like the drain and the source diverged years ago :)