PDA

View Full Version : [Denver, CO] Legacy Tournament, March 4th at 2:00 pm

Trollcountrygames
02-16-2012, 05:08 AM
Legacy Format
Date: March 4th, 2012

$5 entry or $8 entry includes one booster of your choice.
prizes: Store credit

Open Magic Free-for-All play from 10:00-1:45 pm
Tournament starts at 2:00 pm.

Legacy Format
Swiss Pairings
40 minute rounds.
Play to Elimination if under 24, if over 24 players cut to top 4, 32 cut to top 8.

Late players will be admitted but will receive a bye(loss) for any missed rounds that cannot be made up. Late joining players may only make up the round being played when they arrive and only if there is another duelist available. If you know you are going to be a few minutes late, call the shop at 720-514-9911 and we'll wait for you.

Call NOW!

Troll Country Games
6780 E Hampden Ave,
Denver CO 80224
In the Lasair Aesthetic Health Building
Phone: (720) 514-9911
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/TrollCountry
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Troll-...27519507258227
Tumblr: http://trollcountrygames.tumblr.com/

MaximumC
02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
This is a new store with a nice owner, and it's darn near impossible to find unless you really know where you're looking! If you get off of I-25 at Hampden, travel East about three long blocks. This place is on your right, in a little two or three story office building.

You won't see any signage on the building itself, just a small banner-type sign on the street-side sign. It's really easy to miss. Troll Country, as I recall, is then just inside and down the main staircase from the Hampden-side entrance. They've got a lot of space. There's something like ten parking spots behind the building.

I encourage the Denver eternal scene to show up! Especially in Denver proper, our eternal options are really limited right now. There are several great venues down south in Littleton / Lakewood area, (you know who you are) and I hear rumors of a Vintage team in Boulder (but I refuse to believe they actually exist since they never come to Black Gold anymore) but there's no Vintage or Legacy happening downtown. (Sorry, Wizard's Chest, you love your limited). As we all know, LGS owners won't host these events unless turnout is sufficient. Let's start fostering some Legacy in our neck of the woods!

JBlaze
02-16-2012, 03:33 PM
I want more comics is hosting a legacy tournament this Saturday the 18th. 5 dollar entry Store credit for prize. The Denver/Boulder legacy scene has been using www.facebook/frontrangelegacy to organize

MaximumC
03-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Tournament report from fifth place here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?16885-Deck-The-Gate&p=623418&posted=1#post623418

Good show, but we should get more people next time!

I was very interested that the discussions about proxy store decks - a great way to get people interested in the format - drew as much venom as it did from a few players. Yes, your Jaces are shiny and I'm glad you've taken the time to collect them, but what good does it do you if you have no one to play with? I mean, heck, the guy complaining didn't even have any expensive power cards that I saw him use that day anyway.

I gotta suspect that people who react this way think of Magic as being a game where the best CARDS win, and so they want a tourney to be a contest between who has the best collection. That's a mindset that you lose, I think, once you actually have collected alot of the staples. You then realize the game had much less to do with what cards you own and alot more to do with which cards you actually choose to play, and how you play with em. Metagaming and technical play.

Richard Cheese
03-06-2012, 04:30 PM
This is a new store with a nice owner, and it's darn near impossible to find unless you really know where you're looking! If you get off of I-25 at Hampden, travel East about three long blocks. This place is on your right, in a little two or three story office building.

You won't see any signage on the building itself, just a small banner-type sign on the street-side sign. It's really easy to miss. Troll Country, as I recall, is then just inside and down the main staircase from the Hampden-side entrance. They've got a lot of space. There's something like ten parking spots behind the building.

I encourage the Denver eternal scene to show up! Especially in Denver proper, our eternal options are really limited right now. There are several great venues down south in Littleton / Lakewood area, (you know who you are) and I hear rumors of a Vintage team in Boulder (but I refuse to believe they actually exist since they never come to Black Gold anymore) but there's no Vintage or Legacy happening downtown. (Sorry, Wizard's Chest, you love your limited). As we all know, LGS owners won't host these events unless turnout is sufficient. Let's start fostering some Legacy in our neck of the woods!

We have Legacy Events scheduled every week through the end of April at I Want More Comics in Northglenn and Total Escape Games in Broomfield. Not "Denver Proper", but we have a lot of people coming from Boulder, and we typically get 10-14 people. See this thread for specific dates:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?22571-Denver-Boulder-Area-CO-Regular-Legacy-Events