View Full Version : Traveling to GP Indy from Mass
wweenieking
02-16-2012, 12:57 PM
I was wondering how people from Mass plan on traveling to the GP. The flights I have found are a little pricey. Has anyone found a cheap flight? If so, where? I'd rather not drive due to using up too much vacation time at work, but this may be the only option I have if I don't want to spend $500 on the weekend (flight+hotel+spending money). Thanks for any help you can give. For reference, the cheapest flight I have found is $315, but I would like to spend no more than $200. Thanks again.
Damoxx
02-16-2012, 01:52 PM
If you are just now starting to hunt for a ticket, you are about 1 month behind the best time to shop. It is still possible to find a decent priced ticket 4 weeks out, but it is tough.
Or try Amtrak. The train station is right across the street from the convention center.
wweenieking
02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into the train. I did start looking at least a month ago, but couldn't find any for under 300 so I didn't pull the trigger.
I know for Jet Blue they have discounted flights once in a while, but they don't fly into Indy. Any one know of other airlines that runs specials every once and a while? (Besides ones that only discount flying on Tues and Wend)
Thanks again.
bfeingersh
02-17-2012, 10:06 AM
JetBlue not flying to Indy is a pain :( I travel with them a lot on the east coast (between Boston and DC every couple months) and I was very sad to find that they don't go to Indy.
We have a group that's probably making the very long drive (~13 hours?), although if I see a flight deal for less than $250 or so I'm going to jump on it and do that. Honestly, trains just aren't worth it since you end up spending almost as much time as in a car and almost as much money as in a plane.
wweenieking
02-17-2012, 12:45 PM
I agree Jet Blue is the best. I try and fly it when ever I can (flying with them to GP Baltimore next weekend) . It looks like we may be driving too. We don't mind driving, its the vacation needed to use to go. Luckily I have two byes and my two friends going have 2, and 3 so we don't need to be there early Friday. But since we are trying to hit a lot of GPs this year, using 2 vacation days for Indy is rough, that's why I wanted to fly and save time. For Baltimore we fly out late Friday and early Monday so we use a total of a half a day to go. I love legacy too much to miss it though, and my buddy top 8ed Providence, he doesn't want to miss it either.
The problem with Amtrak is that it's generally more expensive than a plane ticket and pretty much everything else about it is also downside. About the only benefit is avoiding the TSA groping.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.