View Full Version : Elfsphere
k2thej
06-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Elves make lots o' mana so they can pay higher costs that other decks can't. Usually, this is used to play more or larger spells in hopes that they will be better than your opponent's cheaper spells. Instead, I thought we could make all the spells cost more and the elves would be the only ones who could play much of anything. Check it:
Main:
Lands:
15 forest
1 dryad arbor
1 Gaea's Cradle
Taxes:
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Sphere of Resistance
3 Root maze
3 Winter Orb
Rest:
4 Green Sun's Zenith
4 Llanowar Elves
3 Fyndhorn Elves
3 Arbor Elf
4 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Elvish Sprit guide
1 Rofellos, llanowar emissary
1 Ezuri, renegade leader
1 Regal Force
SB:
3 Defense Grid
3 elephant grass
2 hum of the radix
2 thelon's curse
1 Elvish champion
2 skyshroud poacher
2 ?
The only worry is there might not be quite enough beef in the main, but in a bit of testing it's surprising how quickly you can choke your opponent and survive just fine on your own.
Poron
06-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Elvish Visionary
Glimpse of Nature
and in your deck Cavern of Souls is just strictly better than Forest
Tanglewire would work well here due to the abnormally large amount of permanents you can pop out. Spheres still work when tapped too, so all the more better to run it.
k2thej
06-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Tanglewire would work well here due to the abnormally large amount of permanents you can pop out. Spheres still work when tapped too, so all the more better to run it.
It definitely has synergy but it is needed? There is so much tax action going on that it's already preeetty difficult for the opponent to play anything really. Might be overkill. Try testing it without tangle and see if you think it's needed, I think you'll like what you find!
k2thej
06-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Elvish Visionary
Glimpse of Nature
and in your deck Cavern of Souls is just strictly better than Forest
You're def right about cavern (save for wastes), I'll make that change now. Visionary and glimpse don't work in testing given the unusually low number of spells that are cast. I'm primarily an elves combo player so if I could fit those in in any way I would haha. They don't really work well though.
Michael Keller
06-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Elvish Visionary
Glimpse of Nature
and in your deck Cavern of Souls is just strictly better than Forest
Glimpse is a more combo-esque card. Although it's nuts with Elves, I just don't know if it's needed here. This is more of a prison deck than anything else.
Elvish Messenger would be a great replacement for Glimpse in the card advantage department. It's actually insane with Wirewood Symbiote too.
k2thej
06-15-2012, 09:32 PM
The idea is to have every elf produce mana on their own so you can be sure to not mana screw yourself though, so it's hard to fit in other stuff.
joemauer
06-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Take out Green's Sun's Zenith. Add Elvish Messenger.
GSZ won't do what you want it to in this deck. All your elves are interchangeable except for Elvish Archdruid. GSZ doesn't seem to play well with your taxing effects. Also, Messenger can be uncounterable thx to caverns.
Steely resolve seems like a must in the Sideboard. Am I right? Also, throw some graveyard hate in the SB for good measure.
Neat deck btw. How has testing been going? Tough to imagine how the games would go with something so obtuse.
k2thej
06-16-2012, 09:46 AM
GSZ is super important for Dryad arbor, that's it's number one reason for being included.
Elvish messenger isn't a card I don't think, did you mean sylvan messenger?
Steely resolve is def a great sb option, I shall add!
joemauer
06-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Elvish messenger isn't a card I don't think, did you mean sylvan messenger?
Yes, yes I did. I was reading Koby's post and don't know names of cards either.
k2thej
06-16-2012, 07:06 PM
I'd probably just play it as a 1-of GSZ target. The deck's success is entirely dependent on establishing an early mana advantage so I don't want many non-mana producing elves.
igri_is_a_bk
06-17-2012, 01:15 AM
You pretty much have 16 mana dorks available turn one. That seems a bit excessive. I'd drop 4x Arbor Elf for 4x Quirion Ranger. And with 8x Priests (well, 12x with GSZ), you could abuse Joraga Warcaller to really put the pressure on your opponent. Then of course, because it's elves in any fashion, Wirewood Symbiote is going to be an auto-include.
k2thej
06-17-2012, 01:20 AM
I'll test it more but warcaller is hard since GSZ doesn't let you kick him and he's really best as a one-of. This is also one elf deck that might not want symbiote. Not sure yet, but he doesn't seem immediately relevant to the goal of this particular deck.
Greenpoe
06-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Ezuri, Renegade Leader seems tailored perfectly to this deck. At an easy 3 CMC, you can GSZ for him even with Thorns out. Since his buff is an ability, that means you can use your mana without being inhibited by Thorn/Sphere. With Archdruid and Priest, you could easily activate his ability, perhaps even two or three times. He seems like a better 1-of than Elvish Champion for sure.
k2thej
06-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Ezuri, Renegade Leader seems tailored perfectly to this deck. At an easy 3 CMC, you can GSZ for him even with Thorns out. Since his buff is an ability, that means you can use your mana without being inhibited by Thorn/Sphere. With Archdruid and Priest, you could easily activate his ability, perhaps even two or three times. He seems like a better 1-of than Elvish Champion for sure.
I think this is a great point. I will make the change.
igri_is_a_bk
06-17-2012, 12:57 PM
I'll test it more but warcaller is hard since GSZ doesn't let you kick him and he's really best as a one-of. This is also one elf deck that might not want symbiote. Not sure yet, but he doesn't seem immediately relevant to the goal of this particular deck.
Saving your Priest or Archdruid is very relevant to the goal of this Elf deck. You don't really have a way to win unless one of those two survive.
edit: I would say up the Cradle count, too. It never hurts to have a second with Wasteland in the format. It's more likely they'll have a Wasteland than you'll draw the first Cradle anyways. Point being, you can expect it to get Wasted.
k2thej
06-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Saving your Priest or Archdruid is very relevant to the goal of this Elf deck. You don't really have a way to win unless one of those two survive.
edit: I would say up the Cradle count, too. It never hurts to have a second with Wasteland in the format. It's more likely they'll have a Wasteland than you'll draw the first Cradle anyways. Point being, you can expect it to get Wasted.
This deck usually wins with only 3 creatures on the field, so you really want those to be elves. You dont have to worry about spot removal that much because its too expensive for them to cast most of the time, especially once you would start thinking about playing a symbiote.
Im upping the forest count because arbor only works with them, and you often have one land starting hands.
wilsonbonifaciojr
06-18-2012, 06:57 AM
ELFSPHERE
lands:
5 forest
4 rishadan port
2 Gaea's Cradle
4 wastedland
1 dryad arbor
Taxes:
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Sphere of Resistance
3 Root maze
3 Winter Orb
3 tagle wire
2 Smokestack
Rest:
3 Green Sun's Zenith
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Elvish Sprit guide
1 Joraga Warcaller
1 Omnath, Locus de Mana
My list has been found effective in format, with the smokestack permanent taking the opponent can put into play
k2thej
06-18-2012, 09:14 AM
ELFSPHERE
lands:
5 forest
4 rishadan port
2 Gaea's Cradle
4 wastedland
1 dryad arbor
Taxes:
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Sphere of Resistance
3 Root maze
3 Winter Orb
3 tagle wire
2 Smokestack
Rest:
3 Green Sun's Zenith
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Elvish Sprit guide
1 Joraga Warcaller
1 Omnath, Locus de Mana
My list has been found effective in format, with the smokestack permanent taking the opponent can put into play
Am I correct in seeing that you only have 9 chances to get that first green mana (5 forest+4 spirit guide)? That doesn't seem like enought to me.
Wasteland and port are not needed in this deck; the spheres do more than enough, and we want to be sure that we have the lands we need to outrun the spheres ourselves!
Smokestack could help, but I think it's more of a sideboard thing. It's not that helpful against a lot of decks. Same with tangle wire. I found the spheres, thorns, orbs, and mazes to be more than enough! If you were to include either in the main I would do tangle wire though.
No idea how omnath would be, haven't tested yet. Seems potentially ok since we can pump him and then still spend the mana on something else; def a 1-of though.
k2thej
06-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Just a heads up on some changes to the deck (which you will see in the first post):
-Took out a fyndhorn and an arbor elf, added Rofellos, llanowar emisssary and Omnath, locus of mana
-Took our cavern of souls and pendelhaven, added forests to replace them. I did this because the deck has much more synergy with forests (arbor elf, rofellos), it needs its lands to stay on the field to stay ahead of the spheres, and pendelhaven wasn't doing that much anyway.
wilsonbonifaciojr
06-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Am I correct in seeing that you only have 9 chances to get that first green mana (5 forest+4 spirit guide)? That doesn't seem like enought to me.
Wasteland and port are not needed in this deck; the spheres do more than enough, and we want to be sure that we have the lands we need to outrun the spheres ourselves!
Smokestack could help, but I think it's more of a sideboard thing. It's not that helpful against a lot of decks. Same with tangle wire. I found the spheres, thorns, orbs, and mazes to be more than enough! If you were to include either in the main I would do tangle wire though.
No idea how omnath would be, haven't tested yet. Seems potentially ok since we can pump him and then still spend the mana on something else; def a 1-of though.
- rishadas-port and lock with a maze and orb in the game.
- Tagle wire returns control of the game, if not throw the spheres at the beginning of the game
- -1 Joraga Warcaller , + 1 Omnath, locus of mana, the best kill condition.
- maybe -4 wastedland, +4 florest
I'm testing.
att
k2thej
06-18-2012, 10:26 AM
- rishadas-port and lock with a maze and orb in the game.
- Tagle wire returns control of the game, if not throw the spheres at the beginning of the game
- -1 Joraga Warcaller , + 1 Omnath, locus of mana, the best kill condition.
- maybe -4 wastedland, +4 florest
I'm testing.
att
Ya I added an Omnath in, warcaller doesn't click that well with GSZ. Check the new list in the first post.
My worry with tangle wire is that it could make us tap elves when the idea is that the elves are free and everything else is strained. I haven't tested it enough though so I will.
wilsonbonifaciojr
06-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Ya I added an Omnath in, warcaller doesn't click that well with GSZ. Check the new list in the first post.
My worry with tangle wire is that it could make us tap elves when the idea is that the elves are free and everything else is strained. I haven't tested it enough though so I will.
but tagle-wire can tap permanent as the orbs and spheres , elves are free
k2thej
06-18-2012, 10:51 AM
but tagle-wire can tap permanent as the orbs and spheres , elves are free
Ah good point. If you tap winter orb it stops working though.
wilsonbonifaciojr
06-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Ah good point. If you tap winter orb it stops working though.
No stops working....
http://deckbox.org/mtg/Winter%20Orb
att
k2thej
06-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Ah you're totally right. I must have had it confused with another card.
wilsonbonifaciojr
06-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Ah you're totally right. I must have had it confused with another card.
OK,,,,,you must have confused with trinisphere.
k2thej
06-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Thoughts on including a Regal Force or a Skyshroud Poacher main for grindy games?
evanmartyr
06-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Skyshroud Poacher is pretty neat.
Am I missing something or is Thalia in the sideboard with no source of white mana in the deck?
If you're relying on Elvish Spirit Guide to a small extent to jump you to that first turn green mana, I think the fourth Fyndhorn Elf would be better than the third Arbor Elf, just technically.
Omnath seems poopy and dies to everything. If you're going to end up with a lot of green mana and invest it in something, either through a GSZ or by tapping out each turn, I'd do it with either Ports or a creature that doesn't die to nearly every removal spell in the format like Thrun.
k2thej
06-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Skyshroud Poacher is pretty neat.
Am I missing something or is Thalia in the sideboard with no source of white mana in the deck?
If you're relying on Elvish Spirit Guide to a small extent to jump you to that first turn green mana, I think the fourth Fyndhorn Elf would be better than the third Arbor Elf, just technically.
Omnath seems poopy and dies to everything. If you're going to end up with a lot of green mana and invest it in something, either through a GSZ or by tapping out each turn, I'd do it with either Ports or a creature that doesn't die to nearly every removal spell in the format like Thrun.
Ya I'm switching him to Regal Force. Hopefully the taxing will combat removal a bit on its own though.
Can't decide about poacher. Need to test more since he is slow, but this deck sure makes the game slow as hell so he might work great since his ability won't get taxed.
Ya the sideboard I have is for if I decide to include duals and fetches. I don't think it's worth it though so I'm switching it now.
Arbor Elf is nice because you can use his ability when winter orb is out to get more mana the following turn.
Poron
06-18-2012, 05:21 PM
4 Priest
4 Archdruids
and no Staff of Domination? sounds just wrong
k2thej
06-18-2012, 06:16 PM
I've never been a fan of staff. It just doesn't do anything better than the other cards you would usually use in elves. Not to mention mana is tight in this deck and staff gets hit with sphere and thorn, and it's already expensive. I can't think of a scenario when I'd ever want to draw staff instead of regal force; staff is the ultimate win-more.
Mr. Safety
06-18-2012, 07:14 PM
I've been playing combo Elves for a couple of years now, and I have to admit...wow. This deck is just flat out INTENSE. It reminds me of old Stompy decks that played Albino Troll, Blastoderm, and Tangle Wire. Deny them mana while you stomp their face in.
I can't help but think that some sort of permanent-based card advantage would be incredible in here, something with activated abilities that, once on the battlefield, would give you consistent advantage. Is this the chance for Nissa Revane to finally be playable in legacy? Just getting Elvish Warriors (well, Nissa's Chosen) for free every turn seems good. Her ultimate seems like a sure way to win the game, but it would take FOREVER. Starting at two loyalty and then subtracting 7? We're talking six turns. I think your tax-base will allow you that sort of time, but it won't be guaranteed. I may be way off base, but landing a planeswalker with all that taxing seems like a decent playtest idea.
I think it's already been mentioned, but playing a premium amount of mana-lords seems good as well (Pries, Archdruid, Rofellos.)
I'm also wondering about Natural Order and Progenitus...even if you have to pay 6-7 mana for it, you'll have the ability while your opponent's hands will be tied. It would take up 5 slots in your deck and provide a 2-turn clock. If your opponent somehow gets a foothold and deals with your tax effects, you can still sacrifice Dryad Arbor on turn 4 for a Progenitus.
I'll be following this thread...it's just a fantastic idea that I feel has a metric ton of promise. Hopefully that promise turns into checks in the win column, eh?
EDIT: I can't help but think that a blue splash for Back to Basics and Jace, the Mind Sculptor would be good as well...assuming a playset of Misty Rainforest and all basic lands (save Wasteland.)
Freggle
06-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Main:
Lands:
15 forest
1 dryad arbor
1 Gaea's Cradle
Taxes:
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Sphere of Resistance
3 Root maze
3 Winter Orb
Rest:
4 Green Sun's Zenith
4 Llanowar Elves
3 Fyndhorn Elves
3 Arbor Elf
4 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Elvish Sprit guide
1 Rofellos, llanowar emissary
1 Ezuri, renegade leader
1 Regal Force
SB:
3 Defense Grid
3 elephant grass
2 hum of the radix
2 thelon's curse
1 Elvish champion
2 skyshroud poacher
2 ?
What do you get our of Green Sun's that Fauna Shaman couldn't do?
With all of the oppression she should stay around a bit, and up the elf count in the process, and you don't tax yourself.
Then you could also look to add Phyrexian Metamorph to do... well what it does.
Kills legends (give you more game against show and tell / re-animator)
Copies spheres / Thorns
Tutored for with Fauna Shaman
...
All without additional mana.
I think you also want the 4th Root Maze to hit those early fetches.
Lastly, I love the card too much not to pitch it. Where it the Mul Daya Channelers a 5/5 for 3 seems pretty good.
So maybe something like this:
Taxing:
4 Root Maze
4 Winter Orb
4 Thorn of Amethyst
Either:
4 Phyrexian Metamorph
Everything Else:
3 Fauna Shaman
1 Mul Daya Channelers
4 Llanowar Elves
3 Fyndhorn Elves
2 Arbor Elf
3 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Archdruid
1 Regal Force
1 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
1 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
4 Elvish Spirit Guide
Lands:
16 Forest
1 Gaea's Cradle
k2thej
06-18-2012, 08:49 PM
@Freggle: Fauna Shaman could maybe be a one-of, but she doesn't get you MORE cards, just different ones.
Huge advantage of GSZ is getting dryad arbor on turn 1 (or later, but way more efficient than Fauna).
Revoker is a great idea, I meant to include him actually, I'll try and figure out how to squeeze one or two in.
YOU CANT GET RID OF SPHERE OF RESISTANCE!!!! That is what makes the deck work!
Channeler is good, but not great. I don't think it could really replace anything already there.
@Mr. Safety: I had NO Prog in the board. Could be really good, need to test more. I haven't tested Nissa but I think Skyshroud Poacher would probably be a better use of the slot.
I reeeally think the deck should stay mono green to keep consistency up.
Mr. Safety
06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
@Mr. Safety: I had NO Prog in the board. Could be really good, need to test more. I haven't tested Nissa but I think Skyshroud Poacher would probably be a better use of the slot.
I reeeally think the deck should stay mono green to keep consistency up.
I missed the NO-Pro, sorry. I guess I just figured it would be maindeckable if it was on your playtest list so I didn't look really close to the sideboard. My bad.
Skyshroud Poacher is ok...I was thinking that the engine would be better suited to a non-creature permanent, especially one without a mana cost to activate. If I were facing this deck, I'd gun for the engine with Swords to Plowshares before going after the mana-lords/other dorks. I was just thinking that Nissa provides a way to protect herself immediately. As long as Nissa's Chosen doesn't get hit with Swords/Path, they will perpetually come back to the battlefield. What sucks about Nissa is her second ability...it isn't one that really matters much in advancing your board position. She's basically a token producer by getting you up to 4 2/3's.
The next option I would look to would probably be Garruk Wildspeaker. He gives the Ovverrun while boosting your mana, which is relivant given all of the taxing going on. As a win-con he's weak, the -1 to get 3/3 beasts isn't stellar. His land untap and Overrun (with a healthy dose of elves) is what makes him good. Garruk Relentless is decent, a token generator and weenie killer. I'm not sure what Garruk the Veil Cursed could do for the deck when flipped...not much. Garruk Primal Hunter is kind of good...his +1 gives you 3/3 beats and his -3 is good for drawing you some extra cards.
The deck really needs a way to deal with little dorks on a consistent basis, like Delvers, Wild Nacatls, Bobs, etc. If you can figure that part out, I think you'll be well on your way to filling in the gaps of where the deck is weak.
I agree about keeping it mono-green...it was just a thought to go for BtB and Jace, and honestly it was more for the Jace win/con. It was just brainstorming, nothing more or less.
Last thought, and then I'll leave you alone: Why not Imperious Perfect as an engine to produce your offense?
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Fyndhorn Elves
2x Arbor Elf
4x Priest of Titania
4x Elvish Archdruid
4x Imperious Perfect
2x Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
3x Root Maze
4x Sphere of Resistance
4x Thorn of Amethyst
4x Winter Orb
3x Green Sun's Zenith
1x Dryad Arbor
4x Wasteland
13x Forest
(I'm tempted to suggest Thousand-Year Elixir, but it's janky and you really don't have room for 'stuff that is cool but doesn't win you the game'.)
EDIT: Nissa takes up too much room...you can't dedicate 6-8 slots to her and the Nissa's Chosen. This may also be why NO-Pro isn't maindeckable, because you need the mana producers and taxers along with something to make the mana-producers double up as an offensive win/con.
TraxDaMax
06-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Old elfsphere decks used Deranged Hermit for a fast clock. Possibly one of the better choices still, I don't know.
Amulet of Vigor
easy combo with Root maze.
Think about it.
TraxDaMax
06-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Amulet of Vigor
easy combo with Root maze.
Think about it.
I actually tried this with the Cloudpost lands when Amulet was spoiled, but it never seemed powerful enough. I think it would be even less powerful in this deck actually, because it would only do something while root maze is out.
k2thej
06-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Ya amulet of vigor isn't too relevant cause your mana primarily comes from the elves anyway. By the time it is effective you don't really need your lands anymore.
@Trax: I LOVE hermit, but It didn't work incredibly well since it's dead early game. Do the spheres affect the echo cost??? Hermit also combos really well with poacher, since you get him for 3 mana!
TraxDaMax
06-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Ya amulet of vigor isn't too relevant cause your mana primarily comes from the elves anyway. By the time it is effective you don't really need your lands anymore.
@Trax: I LOVE hermit, but It didn't work incredibly well since it's dead early game. Do the spheres affect the echo cost??? Hermit also combos really well with poacher, since you get him for 3 mana!
Sorry, but I'm not sure. Though I wouldn't think echo costs get taxed.
k2thej
06-18-2012, 11:42 PM
A tip I've learned from testing- If you have to decide to play a tax card or an elf, you almost always want to play the tax first. It'll buy you plenty of time to play the elf.
Also, always play sphere/thorn before orb/maze whenever you can.
TraxDaMax
06-19-2012, 10:08 PM
After browsing through the rules now, I'm pretty positive your echo cost remains the same unless something actually says it effects the echo cost. Like that goblin from Time Spiral block.
You aren't "recasting" the creature, it's echo is a triggered ability.
wilsonbonifaciojr
06-20-2012, 02:12 PM
4 Priest
4 Archdruids
and no Staff of Domination? sounds just wrong
im tested staff of domination,,,,very good because tap of creaute opponent.exellent in midlle game...
k2thej
06-20-2012, 02:14 PM
im tested staff of domination,,,,very good because tap of creaute opponent.exellent in midlle game...
If you have the mana to cast staff you should be casting regal force or ezuri's ability instead. We don't need any of the loops it can provide really, they seem like win mores for this deck.
Poron
06-20-2012, 02:23 PM
you are right but how can you not like a card (any card) that makes you win 100% when drawn?
4 Priest
4 Archdruids
4 Sun Zenith
means that you 100% every game have a "Priest-effect" online.
when you draw a Staff, that's 100% win or a must counter threath
it might be win more, or just win if drawn in bad times...
alternative WC are important imho. definitly worth 2-3x
mordraid
06-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Hey there, i just found this thread and it happens that i'm playing a deck very similar to this one.
I'm using tangle wire and winter orb as the lock effect. To negate the effect on my side i chose to play quirion ranger, aether vial and undiscovered paradise. Since there is many artifact lock pieces in the deck i've chosen a pretty heratic and somewhat weird kill condition. Ezuri's brigade. I may be treaten like a fool in this very forum, but let me tell you: this guy is bonkers in this deck, he's always 8/8 trample, always.
Here the list
artifacts:
4x winter orb
4x tangle wire
4x aether vial
4x myr superion
2x phyrexian revoker
2x cursed scroll
creatures:
4x quirion ranger
4x llanowar elves
4x fyndhorn elves
4x strangleroot geist
4x ezuri's brigade
lands:
3x undiscovered paradise
4x tree of tales
2x rishadan port
1x gaea's cradle
10x forest
wilsonbonifaciojr
06-21-2012, 07:55 AM
ELFSPHERE
lands:
8 forest
4 rishadan port
2 Gaea's Cradle
1 dryad arbor
1 eye of ugin
Taxes:
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Sphere of Resistance
3 Root maze
3 Winter Orb
Rest:
3 Green Sun's Zenith
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Archdruid
3 quirion ranger
1wirewood symbiote
1 Omnath, Locus de Mana
2 emrakul
2 ulamog
2 kozilek
im tested eldrazi in deck,..
Poron
06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
all those Eldrazis just don't make any sense... put 4x Living Wish, and build a WishBoard..
k2thej
06-22-2012, 09:12 AM
all those Eldrazis just don't make any sense... put 4x Living Wish, and build a WishBoard..
Ya you gotta remember that even though this is elves mana is super tight. Make sure the focus of the deck is choking them first and foremost, and then playing juuuust enough beef to win.
k2thej
06-26-2012, 10:53 AM
New list!!! It's at 63 right now so I want to cut it to 60 before I update the primer (or my excuse for a primer, that is).
Lands:
2 dryad arbor
15 forest
Creatures:
2 arbor elf
3 elvish archdruid
4 elvish spirit guide
1 ezuri, renegade leader
4 fyndhorn elves
4 llanowar elves
4 myr superion
1 phyrexian metamorph
4 priest of titania
Tutor:
4 green sun's zenith
Tax:
4 root maze
4 sphere of resistance
4 thorn of amethyst
3 winter orb
It's running so well. Beating the hell out of everything in testing (ESPECIALLY DELVER!!!). Myr superion is so good, I think he finally found a home! Like I said, it's at 63, so suggestions on cuts are welcome, but it's reeeal tight right now even at 63.
Esper3k
06-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I saw your other thread regarding Sphere of Resistance + Myr Superion.
With the additional cost having to come from creatures, you may want to consider going -1 Arbor Elf, +1 Fyndhorn Elf to increase the number of creatures you have that can produce mana?
k2thej
06-26-2012, 11:17 AM
I saw your other thread regarding Sphere of Resistance + Myr Superion.
With the additional cost having to come from creatures, you may want to consider going -1 Arbor Elf, +1 Fyndhorn Elf to increase the number of creatures you have that can produce mana?
ya that's a good point. Usually arbor elf untaps dryad arbor anyway, since she's almost always on the field, but just in case I think that's a good call.
Esper3k
06-26-2012, 11:22 AM
ya that's a good point. Usually arbor elf untaps dryad arbor anyway, since she's almost always on the field, but just in case I think that's a good call.
Really? I would think that usually you'd save your GSZ for an elf instead of the Arbors?
Also, do you ever run into any problems with things like Forked Bolt giving you a bad day?
k2thej
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Really? I would think that usually you'd save your GSZ for an elf instead of the Arbors?
Also, do you ever run into any problems with things like Forked Bolt giving you a bad day?
Well it depends, but usually I either green sun for arbor or I see one of her. The goal with this deck is to get the tax effects out ASAP!!!, so GSZ for dryad arbor often times helps a lot. One extra mana available makes all the difference in the world.
Forked bolt sucks when it gets cast, but if you know you are playing a deck with burn spells then you can wait untill your tax stuff is online before you play your elves.
plus, T1 root maze against delver=Win. It WRECKS fetches and they never want to play daze once it's out. Spirit guide is a great daze defence but sometimes they force it. Either way, it's a one-drop must counter for them.
wilsonbonifaciojr
07-03-2012, 07:53 AM
my list atual:
ELFSPHERE
lands:
6 forest
4 rishadan port
2 Gaea's Cradle
3 wastedland
1 dryad arbor
Taxes:
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Sphere of Resistance
3 Root maze
3 Winter Orb
Rest:
3 Green Sun's Zenith
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Elvish Sprit guide
KILL:
4x natural order
1x progenitus
1x terrastodon
1x realm razer (im testing.....but is deck enginer..)
opnions...
att
k2thej
07-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Just came up with a very different list than what I was playing-and it's testing a lot better:
lands
17 Forest
creatures:
4 Elvish Spirit Guide
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Myr Superion
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Scavenging Ooze
4 Tarmogoyf
Tax:
4 Root Maze
4 Sphere of Resistance
4 Thorn of Amethyst
3 Winter Orb
k2thej
07-24-2012, 11:24 AM
I think I'm just pushing this towards my other N&D deck Golden Age, and this is probably just a worse version of the same idea at this point.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.