PDA

View Full Version : Triple Sleeving



Zalren
12-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I have heard of double sleeving your cards, but I came across these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360510590308?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

These fit inside KMC perfect fit sleeves, so you can triple sleeve your cards. Anyone have any success with that?

sdematt
12-06-2012, 03:52 PM
These are for YuGiOh sized cards so I don't think they'll fit Magic. Triple sleeved also seems ludicrous. At that point, just play in toploaders.

-Matt

Esper3k
12-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah I'm not seeing where you're supposed to put those on inside perfect fits?

The dimensions on those sleeves are also Yu-Gi-Oh sized as Matt and the auction mentioned (MTG cards are 89x64 mm).

Those sleeves just look like perfect fits for Yu-Gi-Oh sized cards to me.

nedleeds
12-06-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.trollandtoad.com/images/products/pictures/300083.jpg

Julian23
12-06-2012, 03:59 PM
There actually exist dedicated Tripple-Sleeves, that go around regular Dragon Shields/KMCs. They fit pretty well and look ok and provide absolute perfect protection...but they make your deck that thick, you can't really handle it anymore. At least I can't, and I've got rather large hands. Surely it's just about getting used to it, but meeeh.

Fade
12-06-2012, 04:00 PM
They do make sleeves that are slightly larger than KMC perfect fits so that you can triple sleeve cards if you want. I know a buddy that does this but I find it unnecessary.

Picc
12-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Honestly that's just getting a little crazy at that point. If your really that concerned you likely shouldn't be playing with your cards anyway.

Julian23
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
At one point we won't be handing in decklists but our actual deck, then proceed to battle with 75 proxies.

nedleeds
12-06-2012, 04:25 PM
You've all seen the MTG Manilla EDH tourney top loader battles right? :confused:

Zalren
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Ah, I see. I thought these were going to be able to fit around Magic cards still. Thanks for correcting me.

(nameless one)
12-06-2012, 04:56 PM
You've all seen the MTG Manilla EDH tourney top loader battles right? :confused:

I wanna see how they shuffle LOL

ween
12-06-2012, 05:10 PM
I wanna see how they shuffle LOL

nedleeds posted this in the Pimp thread a ways back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOYeb-xMfos&feature=youtu.be

Pinoy Goblin
12-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Yes you can triple sleeve!

1. KMC perfect fits
2. KMC Sleeves
3. KMC outer guard sleeves

nanoplasm
12-17-2012, 09:46 PM
There are a few other option for the third layer of sleeve (outer most).

You can go with these, which are just like the KMC character guards but without the embellishment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARD-SLEEVES-Guard-Outer-Sleeves-Normal-Size-Double-Protector-SL23-Hobby-Base-70-/360538423343?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item53f1c3c02f

Or go with these which are much thinner than the character guards.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THIN-SLEEVES-Guard-Outer-Sleeves-Normal-Size-Double-Protector-SL22-Hobby-Base-70-/360538421321?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item53f1c3b849

The main reason character guard sleeves are used in Japan is that some players value their super duper limited edition Anime girl sleeves as much as they value the cards.