PDA

View Full Version : ChannelFireball Scamming?



dahcmai
12-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I had to add ChannelFireball to my list of scammers lately. Seems weird since it's typically known as a decent company, but seems it's true. Here's what happened.


I ordered 2 cards from them. A foil Overgrown Tomb from Ravnica and a Foil Blood Crypt from Return to Ravnica.

The cards came, but both were from Return to Ravnica. Ummmm, no. that's not going to work since there's a little bit of a price difference on them. Plus, I needed those exact ones for a trade.

So I contacted them about the mistake and they said to return it to them. That's fine, but since it messed up my trade with those two I sent both back.

They refunded me the money for the Overgrown Tomb only and tell me there was no second card in there. Ummm, yeah, I never even took them out of the sleeves.

The funny thing was they wanted proof I mailed both cards. Like I need to videotape myself mailing items back to a store? I guess you do if you deal with these guys.

So I'm out $35. Make sure you're not. I'll get it back eventually once they realize I am entirely too much trouble, but the damage will be done.

Guess they have more than one thief.


It's sad they would be petty enough try to try two different ways of getting an extra buck.

ween
12-22-2012, 05:49 AM
Man that sucks, sorry to hear it.

They have been nothing but awesome in dealing with them in the past, both buying and selling cards. Hopefully the misunderstanding gets sorted out.

birds of paradise2
12-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Thanks for warning us. I will not buy from channelfireball in the future.

dahcmai
12-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Well, that's the second time actually. I ordered a Beta Wheel a long time ago and it never came (that was several years ago). They got a lot better rep since then so I gave them a few more shots. I had ordered a few foil Ravnica lands. I got all of them except this one. Considering the trouble they have had lately, I'm starting to think they are just completely unorganized. Judging from the messages, it's clear they don't want to work it out.

ReAnimator
12-24-2012, 10:47 PM
They pulled the old, refund your money and cancel your order on a pre order that doubled in price since you ordered it, one time with me. Never had a bad experience with them before or since, but i'll never pre order anything from them again.

I think you are right in that they are disorganized now they have seemed a little rudderless in the last year. Shame really they used to be awesome.

Sorry to hear about your experience.