PDA

View Full Version : [San Diego] Halp



coraz86
01-01-2013, 09:00 PM
So I just moved to San Diego, and other than the whole mess with mercenarybdu getting banned a couple years ago I'm not up on the nerd scene here.

I'd be much obliged if anyone could point me to decent places here to play Legacy, draft/sealed (especially for the prerelease--I need to play in the Gatecrash prerelease), and board game (if anyone knows where I can do that). I'm also down to play EDH as long as the group is friendly--I like the format, but I'm not particularly hardcore about it, I just like to bust out all the dumb cards I grew up with that I should get bulk out but am emotionally attached to beyond reason.

Mods, if this isn't the place for this thread, I apologize--feel free to move it.

Thanks!

mcfarland
01-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Welcome to San Diego, man.

Check out San Diego Games & Comics, on Mira Mesa Blvd. Thursday night legacy fires each week, and they have a really enthusiastic draft scene (a few days a week). They also do host prerelease/Midnight Madness action for new sets. Lots of guys rock EDH on a nightly basis, too. For a while (maybe even currently) they had a EDH league on Mondays.

HAVE HEART
01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Artifex (AKA San Diego Games & Comics):
Monday is EDH (not sure of the time)
Tuesday is the current draft format (7:00 P.M.)
Wednesday is the comic book day
Thursday is a Legacy Daily event (four rounds no matter how many shows up [people work], starts between 7:00 - 7:15 P.M.)
Thursday also has a draft, usually of the current format, but also sometimes of old sets if they have the product (7:00 P.M.)
Friday is FNM Standard (7:00 P.M.) and draft (6:00 P.M.), but there is usually a couple of drafts held that night
Saturday is Standard (6:00 P.M. I THINK) and draft (7:00 P.M. I THINK)
Sunday is Standard (1:00 P.M.) and draft (5:00 P.M.)

There are a lot of people who play EDH at the store. Some people are pretty competitive (meaning they will kill you quickly, not that they are a rules monger). There are also people who are probably more casual about it as well, so I am sure you can find them there.

They run prerelease and release events on both weekends, so just call the store (858) 566 0506 to find out times/dates.

As for board games, Game Empire is the best by far.

coraz86
01-07-2013, 04:37 AM
Thanks, guys.

I'm going to be hitting the Tuesday board game nights at Game Empire the next couple of weeks, and I'm going to the SCG Open this weekend as well as the Gatecrash prerelease at SD Games & Comics, so if anyone wants to say hey I'll be around.