View Full Version : Twitch.tv Streaming -- Legacy
Last night I setup a stream on Twitch.tv with the intent for 1-3 nights of streaming a week on Magic Online. I will be featuring primarily Legacy tournament decks and playing some events (Daily Events 4 rounds).
www.twitch.tv/jkory
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays seem to be the best days for the events (6:30, 7:30, 5:30 PST respectively).
Im still setting up the broadcast for optimal viewing so please bare with the technical difficulties.
Taking requests for musical offerings and suggestions for decks to play. Nourishing Lich need not apply.
Megadeus
01-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Stick with TES! Free wins!
Chikenbok
01-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Doomsday or bust.
Mr Miagi
01-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Doomsday or bust.
+1
nedleeds
01-18-2013, 03:26 PM
4 Chrome Mox
4 Braids, Cabal Minion
4 Unmask
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Wasteland
3 Crucible of Worlds
3 Trinisphere
3 Tombstalker
3 Mishra's Factory
3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Verdant Catacombs
6 Swamp
3 Desecration Demon
4 Smallpox
4 Dark Ritual
Go Forth and Spread Hate.
menace13
01-18-2013, 03:37 PM
I vote you play totally obscure decks no one plays, much. If you need to borrow them, I have those too.
Also, every stream needz moar 2chainz
nedleeds
01-18-2013, 04:04 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lvttcnOON1s/UPm4yd7oRDI/AAAAAAAAA18/DsBjNBnfhIQ/s801/eat%2520a%2520dick.png
? :confused:
Megadeus
01-18-2013, 04:16 PM
That pic. I want that deck.
r3dd09
01-18-2013, 09:29 PM
No doomsday; That's suppose to be my secret tech deck. :p
No doomsday; That's suppose to be my secret tech deck. :p
I hope we get paired against each other in DC... then it will be a race to see who f's up the worst first. :)
In all seriousness though - storm of any kind is good. Always good to see others' thought processes and lines of play through various scenarios. But you gotta stream Tin Fins at least once!
Dark Ritual
01-18-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm a fan of any kind of storm deck on stream as long as it's not named belcher.
If you ever streamed nourishing lich, I think I would die of laughter at all the random people popping into the chat room saying "what is this deck you're playing? It looks weird."
r3dd09
01-18-2013, 11:10 PM
I hope we get paired against each other in DC... then it will be a race to see who f's up the worst first. :)
In all seriousness though - storm of any kind is good. Always good to see others' thought processes and lines of play through various scenarios. But you gotta stream Tin Fins at least once!
See you in the finals ;)
I suggested Tin Fins on his twitter. Does MTGO have all the cards available for the deck?
I'm actually not sure - is Shallow Grave available on MTGO? I don't have an account, so I really don't know. I think I've seen everything else at one point or another on people's streams though.
Dark Ritual
01-19-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm actually not sure - is Shallow Grave available on MTGO? I don't have an account, so I really don't know. I think I've seen everything else at one point or another on people's streams though.
Yeah shallow grave is available. It's in mirage same as LED and LED is available. Also costs less than in paper, like 1.5 tix or so.
If it was doomsday v. doomsday in the finals of a grand prix, I would be so very very happy. Then again no one would pick up the deck blind or those that did would do terribly with it and shelve the deck after a week for being terrible with doomsday and the storm mechanic or they would all end up running shelldock isle + emrakul maindeck because any idiot can actually resolve doomsday and stack shelldock on top and emrakul on the bottom.
r3dd09
01-19-2013, 01:45 AM
Yeah shallow grave is available. It's in mirage same as LED and LED is available. Also costs less than in paper, like 1.5 tix or so.
If it was doomsday v. doomsday in the finals of a grand prix, I would be so very very happy. Then again no one would pick up the deck blind or those that did would do terribly with it and shelve the deck after a week for being terrible with doomsday and the storm mechanic or they would all end up running shelldock isle + emrakul maindeck because any idiot can actually resolve doomsday and stack shelldock on top and emrakul on the bottom.
DDFT or go home. I don't approve of maniac or SI to emrakul as the main wincon.
Awesome koby! I can help with tech issues and cards if you need.
Good to know. Follow is on. :wink:
pryite199
01-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Big Red! Hollar if you need cards online (assuming I'm not using my sneak attacks0
Should do established decks for those who don't always play against them because of smaller metas for when they go to larger events they can be slightly better prepared. On that note some of my favortie decks I like to play are:
Forgemster MUD
Death and Taxes
Nic Fit
Enchantress
Other decks I've played that are fun from time to time
Meat Hooks
The Gate
Dream Halls/Omnisciense with Conflux, Cruel Ultimatum, snd Progenitus
Dredge
Elves
mini1337s
01-20-2013, 11:36 AM
If you really want to play a deck no one will expect, play a Legacy Bomberman build circa 2008
Live now, streaming Punishing Maverick!
rxavage
01-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Music is a little too loud, can barely here the commentary.
Chikenbok
01-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Also, why the hell can't I spam in your chat?
Machahiko
01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Less punts than the last time. Even though your games versus burn were a bit unlucky also. ;)
This stream would be perfect if the quality of video would be so good that I could read all the text in your screen. Sure, I know what cards do and look like, but the picture is still so fuzzy that it's distracting.
RaNDoMxGeSTuReS
01-20-2013, 03:40 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lvttcnoon1s/upm4yd7ordi/aaaaaaaaa18/dsbjnbnfhiq/s801/eat%2520a%2520dick.png
? :confused:
p-l-a-y t-h-i-s.
Lejay
01-20-2013, 04:44 PM
p-l-a-y t-h-i-s.
Or I propose this^^ :
http://www.legacy-france.org/index.php?showtopic=5935
It's in french but the pics are self-explanatory.
Viridia
01-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Looks like the best deck ever there, esp without FoW's and such :P
This stream would be perfect if the quality of video would be so good that I could read all the text in your screen. Sure, I know what cards do and look like, but the picture is still so fuzzy that it's distracting.
Found another way around Xsplit -- OBS! We're up to 1600x1050 resolution.
Stream will relaunch at 6:30 PM PST tomorrow.
Streaming live in about an hour.
Tammit67
01-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Streaming live in about an hour.
neato
Machahiko
01-27-2013, 12:20 AM
Stream quality: perfect.
Quality of plays: #YOLO #SWAG
Thanks for all the content, I have watched all your vod's, haven't been online when you've been live. While some of your plays make me facepalm, some of your plays make me laugh out loud and squek like a little girl. Would be really awesome if you could keep on providing this much content. Would be nice to see you play 100% serious some time, but then I might miss your YOLOtastic plays. I for one will be waiting for the next event, hopefully you'll play again soon. :)
Chikenbok
01-27-2013, 08:43 AM
I thought we were replacing #YOLO with #CarpeDiem
Megadeus
01-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Just watched the stream from the other night. Man that G1 with TES. I kept looking at your hand like he cant go off and was confused... Then you said PUNT! hahahahaha. Good stuff though.
Streaming live in 90 minutes. No longer on TES cuz I want to try some new ideas out.
Megadeus
01-27-2013, 06:20 PM
I wont get to watch but would love to see some BUG or a mud or maybe stifle naught!?
sweet, i'm in! got nothing better going on a sunday night... Something new? Big Red? Tin Fins?!
Live now with CounterThopters.
Streaming again tomorrow at 6:30 PM PST. May continue playing with CounterThopters. Seems I still have alot to learn with not making punts -- like passing without activating Jace TMS. #punt
bartmanqc
01-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Streaming again tomorrow at 6:30 PM PST. May continue playing with CounterThopters. Seems I still have alot to learn with not making punts -- like passing without activating Jace TMS. #punt
Would love to see some BUG Landstill old school action.. Maybe Burn is too present in MTGO's meta but anyway... Keep up the good work Koby ! I really like the effort your are making to stream some legacy action... :)
Going live playing CounterThopters again. This time with no missing Jace activations.
Going live in about 15 minutes for another Legacy Daily Event with Grixis Painter!
KobeBryan
02-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Going live in about 15 minutes for another Legacy Daily Event with Grixis Painter!
damn it...it says offline.
whens the next showing?
Can u demonstrate any good decktechs to beat jund.
damn it...it says offline.
whens the next showing?
Can u demonstrate any good decktechs to beat jund.
Check the opening post. The information is all there.
Streaming live right now with ye old faithful Maverick and scotch. Either way, I get obliterated!
HammafistRoob
02-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Ha Scottish Maverick is a good name.
Going live in a few minutes playing Maverick, geared to beat S&T. O-ring's got my back!
Going live in about 15 minutes. Trying my brain at Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils. Good god, this is going to be a shit show.
On the playlist - Doors (An American Prayer, LA Woman) & Muse (Blackholes & Revelations)
Chikenbok
02-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Going live in about 15 minutes. Trying my brain at Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils. Good god, this is going to be a shit show.
On the playlist - Doors (An American Prayer, LA Woman) & Muse (Blackholes & Revelations)
Just lemme know when you need help with piles, and prepare to lose to burn with storm hate.
Just lemme know when you need help with piles, and prepare to lose to burn with storm hate.
Hmm that run was especially bad, even for me. My only win for the nite was with Maverick. That's pathetic! I don't think I'm cut out for DDFT anytime soon.
Chikenbok
02-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Hmm that run was especially bad, even for me. My only win for the nite was with Maverick. That's pathetic! I don't think I'm cut out for DDFT anytime soon.
C'mon man don't give up that easily! You had the win against burn g2 when you had rit, RoF, and BW in hand but lost it, and... well... let's not talk about the magnificent pile of IU LED lED Probe BW....
Keep on trucking, you had half the chat there to help you work through scenarios and we want more Doomsday. But please, for the love of god, get rid of Helm/Shot.
Last nite was streaming with a Storm deck turned to Difficulty: 11.
Tonite is streaming with a Storm deck turned to Difficulty: 3.
Hope it works better :D
Going live in 45 minutes.
Megadeus
02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Children of korlis beats ftw!!!!!
phazonmutant
02-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Awesome stream! Well-worth watching in the archives!
Edit:
So after trying the deck, are you sure it's Storm turned to 3? Because I'm pretty sure it's slightly harder than that.
Well, I didn't have much to do at work today so was watching your TinFins cast. I love the playlist, everything I used to listen to in high school.. Coupled with the broken plays gives the viewer incredible joy :) My favorite cast ever. Music nostalgia combined with Magic nostalgia = Time travel. Priceless.
KobeBryan
02-18-2013, 09:18 PM
any streaming today?
sdematt
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Children of Korlis win was GREAT.
Edit: This stream is a blast to watch.
-Matt
Last nite was a work holiday. I decided to drink to my liver's content.
Going live in about an hour with the return of Tin Fins!
Megadeus
02-19-2013, 09:24 PM
YESSSS WILL BE WATCHING MORE TIN FINS! That deck is crack for Legacy players.
We didn't get to hit Children in that last game :(
cogitoergosum
02-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Koby, would you be so kind as to post the decklist for Tinfins you ran last night? Or if already posted, a link to where? Thanks a lot!
The deck I used on Tuesday nite stream
Main Deck
3 Griselbrand
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
2 Children of Korlis
1 Tendrils of Agony
4 Lotus Petal
2 Chrome Mox
4 Dark Ritual
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Entomb
1 Intuition
2 Reanimate
3 Goryo's Vengeance
4 Shallow Grave
3 Cabal Therapy
4 Thoughtseize
1 Swamp
1 Island
4 Polluted Delta
1 Marsh Flats
3 Scalding Tarn
4 Underground Sea
Sideboard
2 Chain of Vapor
1 Hurkyl's Recall / Rebuild
2 Massacre
1 Duress
3 Show and Tell
3 Surgical Extraction
3 Pithing Needle
Streaming going live in less than an hour, provided enough people show up to play Legacy!
I liked at the beginning when you were featuring different decks each night. We have been watching Tin Fins for 2 weeks maybe :rolleyes:
TinFin is great, keep it up :)
Just turned on the stream and the music is 10x better than last Tuesday. This should be fun.
Machahiko
02-26-2013, 12:15 PM
I liked at the beginning when you were featuring different decks each night. We have been watching Tin Fins for 2 weeks maybe :rolleyes:
Starting to miss you punting with TES. Also, if I for one have seen tin fins just enough. TES seemed to be a bit harder, while tin fins is just reanimate griselband, draw cards and wow you've won the game.
I liked at the beginning when you were featuring different decks each night. We have been watching Tin Fins for 2 weeks maybe :rolleyes:
I mentioned in the beginning of the episode that I'm specifically testing it for SCG Vegas Open. The session provided good results to tune the deck. Next week, we'll be going back to puntsville.
troopatroop
02-26-2013, 12:35 PM
play this! for me ;)
3 Nimble Mongoose
4 Wild Nacatl
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Tarmogoyf
2 Snapcaster Mage
3 Force of Will
2 Daze
2 Spell Pierce
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Chain Lightning
1 Fire//Ice
4 Brainstorm
3 Ponder
4 Wasteland
2 Tropical Island
1 Volcanic Island
1 Savannah
1 Taiga
1 Tundra
1 Plateau
3 Misty Rainforest
3 Flooded Strand
4 Wooded Foothills
Going live in about an hour, with Tin Fins (because I need to test it for Vegas).
Fooking haters.
Megadeus
02-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Going live in about an hour, with Tin Fins (because I need to test it for Vegas).
Fooking haters.
I still enjoy the shenanigans. Hopefully people dont come to Vegas prepared!
KobeBryan
02-26-2013, 10:36 PM
no stream today?
Mondays might be bad days to get me to stream if I continue going to Sunday tournaments.
Shooting for streaming tonite (again, provided 16 people show up for the Daily event). I have no clue what I will be playing, likely TES again to avoid collateral damage from g/y hate. I am also open to suggestions of decks to play (provided I have the cards to build it).
Stream will be live at 7:30 PM Pacific Time (-8 UTC) if the Daily Event fires. Otherwise, I will be testing Modern 8mans.
Going live in about 15 minutes!
Beating turn 1 maindeck Leyline of the Void was redonkulous.
burtonbaron62
03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Koby - I am sure you have thought of this, but why doesn't this deck run LED? Seems like Shallow Grave on the stack; crack LED is pretty good.
Koby - I am sure you have thought of this, but why doesn't this deck run LED? Seems like Shallow Grave on the stack; crack LED is pretty good.
This deck isn't geared to using LED as well as other storm decks. It is effectively "win-more", as resolving Shallow Grave on Griselbrand is already game. It doesn't interact with Emrakul either, due to the timing of the effects. The issue has not been getting mana after Griselbrand into play too. Between Thoughtseize, Cabal Therapy, & Entomb; I have no trouble getting Griselbrand into the graveyard.
Falconer
03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
I would suggest High Tide for another Stream.
menace13
03-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Play Cloudposts!!
/end troll
No stream tonite -- have to pick up my friend from the airport right as the Daily Event fires. :(
bartmanqc
03-25-2013, 07:32 PM
No stream tonite -- have to pick up my friend from the airport right as the Daily Event fires. :(
Are you streaming 2nite?
Are you streaming 2nite?
Not any time soon, unfortunately. Life has a way of popping up when you make plans.
KobeBryan
03-26-2013, 03:24 AM
Hope its nothing serious.
Hope its nothing serious.
Nothing serious. Just new responsibilities (puppies)
Chikenbok
03-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Nothing serious. Just new responsibilities (puppies)
That is the best responsibility ever. God knows I wish I had more puppy responsibilities in my life.
Richard Cheese
03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Nothing serious. Just new responsibilities (puppies)
Umm...puppy cam?
Umm...puppy cam?
I'll have to charge for that. Doggie treats don't come cheap :o
KobeBryan
03-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Nothing serious. Just new responsibilities (puppies)
Oh that doesn't excuse you from streaming!!!
Celebrating some new swag with streaming!
Come join the stream for the 6:30 PM PST Legacy Daily Event!
Megadeus
04-08-2013, 09:10 PM
What are you playing tonight?
oh you know... Tin Fins, since people still can't figure out how to play this deck correctly.
sdematt
04-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Glenlivet, 12 year?
-Matt
Glenlivet, 12 year?
-Matt
*Nods*
stealth
04-09-2013, 02:19 AM
*Nods*
winning!
Is this new huge player the doing of Twitch.tv or something to do with your settings? I can't secretly watch it at work form the corner of my desktop when it's as big as the screen!
Edit: Music, oh the horror :(
Ya the music was terrible. I have no taste in music these days!
Hopefully my play was slightly better than the music.
baghdadbob
04-09-2013, 05:25 PM
I just followed you on Twitch this morning. I'm going to watch next time you post and barrat you with questions about why you look like a balder, glasses wearing, less annoying Phillip Defranco. And ask you personal questions like are you an social media i.t. dooder i.r.l. or do you just always dress business casual for m.t.g.o. games?
LOL Business Casual.
Trolling for the sake of trolling will be ignored. Numero uno goal is to play games and outreach to new players.
Numero two goal is to play crappy music.
Megadeus
04-09-2013, 05:38 PM
One night you played Reel Big Fish. That was great
phazonmutant
04-09-2013, 06:25 PM
LOL Business Casual.
Trolling for the sake of trolling will be ignored. Numero uno goal is to play games and outreach to new players.
Numero two goal is to play crappy music.
I was digging the jazz for the first few sessions. Dream Theater and ska nights were good too.
HoneyT
04-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I was digging the jazz for the first few sessions. Dream Theater and ska nights were good too.
^This^
The Dream Theater night was awesome.
warfordium
04-09-2013, 10:16 PM
are you streaming tonight, Koby?
Streaming tonite at 7:30 PST in ghetto fab style. #beers #wifebeaters
Practicing for Bazaar of Moxen with Tin Fins unless I get a better deck to run.
sdematt
04-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Junk, obv.
-Matt
damionblackgear
04-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Bant with Geist and Sowers.
Chikenbok
04-23-2013, 09:03 PM
If the beer isn't in a can I'm calling yer ass out.
If the beer isn't in a can I'm calling yer ass out.
That's why it's fab! Champagne glasses and IPA lol
feline
04-23-2013, 09:23 PM
I don't know how this escaped me, but now I'll have to check in on these, a twitch stream for Legacy stuff is something one simply can not ignore, ty for putting something out there. ^.^
menace13
04-23-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't know how this escaped me, but now I'll have to check in on these, a twitch stream for Legacy stuff is something one simply can not ignore, ty for putting something out there. ^.^
Oh, for sure,there are tons of streams all day long. Tom Martell, AJ Sacher, Todd Anderson will stream Legacy frequent enough. My favorites are the Euro dudes, MattiasNL, Dzy, Mim. But currently only Mattias is going to be playing Legacy atm. Hate that Koby guy, tho... :tongue:
Latest video is up for viewing. I make no promises about being a nice guy.
http://www.twitch.tv/jkory/b/394917698
Kayradis
04-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Will definetely watch!
Megadeus
04-24-2013, 11:44 AM
I never get to catch your stream live anymore :/ Good to see you are still doing them though!
Ayotte
04-24-2013, 02:39 PM
No offense Koby, but is there a consistent legacy stream that plays something other than combo? As a player of fair decks, I don't get too much from watching Tin Fins.
thefringthing
04-24-2013, 07:13 PM
When a Legacy DE starts, just search for MTG streams on Twitch. You can usually find a couple of Legacy streamers that way, not all of whom are playing combo.
It's worth noting though that combo (especially Show and Tell/Omniscience and TinFins/Reanimator) is really overrepresented in the MTGO metagame in part due to different card prices.
No offense taken. I stream what I play, and that might not be for everyone. It's hard to both entertain and play a decision heavy control deck. Like thefringthing mentioned, MTGO is not really suited for all strategies that are represented in Paper equivalents. We've tried a few control strategies between CBtop and Maverick, but found those are not well suited.
I'm also playtesting for the upcoming Bazaar of Moxen tournament, so it's pointless to play different decks each time when I need to be focusing on the one I'll be playing.
cogitoergosum
04-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Koby, are you streaming tonight?
feline
04-24-2013, 11:58 PM
I am tempted to start doing this myself, as I could at least do it with High Tide / Prison Stax / Goblins for fans of those decks, since I have them together. I will have to do alot of "homework" first though in just exactly how to set up a stream and stuff, it seems it's a popular thing to do these days.
Griselpuff
06-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Cool stream, I wonder if it's legal to do it with Magic Workstation instead of MODO... Any ideas?
So some good news: I've gotten the Tin Fins deck back together. That means I can start streaming again.
Bad news: it will only be Tin Fins & Momir; until I grind enough events to buy some other pieces.
Plan on streaming today at 4:30 PM PST
A sweet variation on Tin Fins today, rather it's Oozing. Let's see if we can catch a few people off-guard!
I'll also be playing a few practice games with oarsman before the event. Come check out either stream!
www.twitch.tv/jkory
www.twitch.tv/oarsman79
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.