PDA

View Full Version : *** Midwest Vintage ***

Hitman82
01-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Team Serious is going to start holding a Midwest Vintage Series starting in 2013. The tournaments will probably start after Gencon. What we need to hear from you leading up to these events is:

1) What state do you live in and what major city are you in closest proximity to?

2) What kind of prize support would attract you to a tournament two hours away from you?

3) What things are necessary in a venue for you?

4) How many proxies do you need to play what you want?

For those uncomfortable sharing their thoughts publicly, we've provided a 6-question survey you can fill out at your convenience. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VVGVTTD

We want to cater to the player base and their needs so please provide feedback. We're specifically looking to cater to WI, IL, IN, OH, MI and western PA for 2013-2014 but if things kick off strong, we may expand outside that region sooner.

RaNDoMxGeSTuReS
01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm in Council Bluffs, Iowa, which is minutes from Omaha, Neb. :frown:

RJM
01-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Shared my thoughts in the survey! Posted here for discussion as well.

1) Chicago, IL; Grand Rapids, MI

2) At least my money back for some sort of T8/T16 cut off, depending on the tournament size. Cool pimp, unique prizes are more important than sheer cash value.

3) "Close proximity to food", "Clean bathrooms", "Good card selection" But mostly a safe/trustworthy & friendly environment to come play with and trade my most valuable Magic cards without worry.

4) 0

I look forward to seeing your plans progress.

Hitman82
01-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I'd like to encourage players new to the format to voice their opinion as well, either in the forum or on our online survey. We'd like to hear from you too.

Dan Turner
01-29-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm in Council Bluffs, Iowa, which is minutes from Omaha, Neb. :frown:

I played at Ground Zero in Omaha for a couple of years when I was stationed there. This is back in 95-97

I would love to see more vintage/legacy around either Springfield, Mo or the Fayetteville, Ar area both are about 75 miles from me, but a 2 hour drive thanks to the Ozark Mountains.

My largest beef is going to a tournament at an un-know venue and that parking sucks ass. Either its $10 to park or a couple of the shops I have gone had just enough room to park 10 cars.

Hitman82
01-29-2013, 07:16 PM
So far, it looks like we're going to hold one in the Indianapolis area but depending on feedback, we could try to hit St Louis as well. Great suggestions. We'll definitely look for a venue with a lot of parking. I was in Fayetteville a couple years ago on a job and drafted at a store there. It's a great town.

We also plan on holding one in the Chicago area and Columbus.

dontbiteitholmes
04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Lots of Vintage players (relative term obviously) live within a 2 hour drive or train ride from the Chicago area (including me).