PDA

View Full Version : Customs fees. Need some assistance.



r3dd09
02-23-2013, 05:07 AM
So, I'm looking to purchase a large number of cards from germany shipped to the states. I want the cards shipped as express and insured. looks like the only way I can do this is if I express ship with the package declared as goods.

Can someone give me insight if I'll have to pay customs fees if i go express and it declared as goods? If I have to pay fees, can someone give me a breakdown of what I should expect to pay per 1k; so 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k. If it's a percentage of what's declared on the package, just tell me the percentage and I can figure it out.

I've been looking for an answer for the last 24 hours and I'm finding mixed answers.

sdematt
02-23-2013, 01:22 PM
So, I'm looking to purchase a large number of cards from germany shipped to the states. I want the cards shipped as express and insured. looks like the only way I can do this is if I express ship with the package declared as goods.

Can someone give me insight if I'll have to pay customs fees if i go express and it declared as goods? If I have to pay fees, can someone give me a breakdown of what I should expect to pay per 1k; so 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k. If it's a percentage of what's declared on the package, just tell me the percentage and I can figure it out.

I've been looking for an answer for the last 24 hours and I'm finding mixed answers.

Any way you can get it shipped as a business sample or gift and still insure it to avoid some customs fees?

-Matt