PDA

View Full Version : Farewell My Friends, it's Been a Blast!



klaus
03-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Howdy comrades,

I vivdly recall that skiing trip in 95: some friends had brought along a pretty cool fantasy card game featuring creatures such as: "Nightmare", "Shivan Dragon" and "Willow the Wisp" - I was hooked instantaniously!

Barring two shorter breaks I've remained faithful to MtG for nearly two decades. Tweaking decks, solving desperate scenarios, trading cards and some small-scale tourney victories paired with my general motivation to symbolically smash face kept me going for quite a while.

Alas, the time is ripe to set sail and explore new shores (i. e. my music). Working 50h weeks just makes every sparetime afternoon thrice as valuable while keeping up with the ever evolving meta, adjusting decks, trading for relevant new cards and actually attending tourneys is quite time consuming as you all know.

I've already sold most of my spells and land (including my beloved UW pile), got rich and decided to acquire a sideboard of stuff that I've always longed for:
* 1 cook
* 2 exotic mistresses
* 1 pigmy bodyguard
* 4 random high-end items
* 7 real life meta slots

I'll kind of miss you guys, especially those of you loitering at threads discussing UW control stuff.

I might eventually laps back into tapping cardboard rectangles and get furious about having sold my preciousssSSSssSss collection, however the prospect to be able to just borrow decks from friends (i. e.: "Rats"?) to plow through future Legacy events allows me to go through with my plan and actually quit.

So yes my beloved nerds - all the best for your future endeavours and lots of lucky topdecks at all aspects of life to all of you!

Best,
Jaschar aka. Klaus

Esper3k
03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Best of luck dude and remember that our beloved Eternal formats will always be waiting for you when you get back.

sdematt
03-04-2013, 01:59 PM
You're one of the people whose posts actually meant something. It's sad to see a relevant poster leave.

Feel free to pop in and say hi :)

Best of luck on "real" life. :cool:

-Matt

Einherjer
03-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Good luck to you, I've always valued your well thought-out posts! And there was noone like you posting decklists in such a small size :D

Have fun, and think twice what to put in these "real life meta slots" - tough decisions to come, for sure.

Greetings

Fry
03-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Howdy comrades,
Alas, the time is ripe to set sail and explore new shores (i. e. my music). Working 50h weeks just makes every sparetime afternoon thrice as valuable while keeping up with the ever evolving meta, adjusting decks, trading for relevant new cards and actually attending tourneys is quite time consuming as you all know.
So yes my beloved nerds - all the best for your future endeavours and lots of lucky topdecks at all aspects of life to all of you!

Best,
Jaschar aka. Klaus

It's always sad to see someone who has supported the game so well for so long leave (Even if they do return from time to time). However with that said, I hope that you're new excursions in the "Real World" create new good memories for you.

Fare thee well good sir, and hope to see you lurking every once in a while!

Lt. Quattro
03-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Howdy comrades,

I vivdly recall that skiing trip in 95: some friends had brought along a pretty cool fantasy card game featuring creatures such as: "Nightmare", "Shivan Dragon" and "Willow the Wisp" - I was hooked instantaniously!

Barring two shorter breaks I've remained faithful to MtG for nearly two decades. Tweaking decks, solving desperate scenarios, trading cards and some small-scale tourney victories paired with my general motivation to symbolically smash face kept me going for quite a while.

Alas, the time is ripe to set sail and explore new shores (i. e. my music). Working 50h weeks just makes every sparetime afternoon thrice as valuable while keeping up with the ever evolving meta, adjusting decks, trading for relevant new cards and actually attending tourneys is quite time consuming as you all know.

I've already sold most of my spells and land (including my beloved UW pile), got rich and decided to acquire a sideboard of stuff that I've always longed for:
* 1 cook
* 2 exotic mistresses
* 1 pigmy bodyguard
* 4 random high-end items
* 7 real life meta slots

I'll kind of miss you guys, especially those of you loitering at threads discussing UW control stuff.

I might eventually laps back into tapping cardboard rectangles and get furious about having sold my preciousssSSSssSss collection, however the prospect to be able to just borrow decks from friends (i. e.: "Rats"?) to plow through future Legacy events allows me to go through with my plan and actually quit.

So yes my beloved nerds - all the best for your future endeavours and lots of lucky topdecks at all aspects of life to all of you!

Best,
Jaschar aka. Klaus

With you and HokusSchmokus selling your collections, it looks like Germany finally surrendered.

Where am I going to find the latest in European legacy technology without you guys?

Water_Wizard
03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Auf Wiedersehen!

(nameless one)
03-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Godspeed with life without Legacy.

Iron Buddha
03-04-2013, 10:43 PM
They always come back... I know many people who have regretted selling their stuff. I would at least keep the U/W control deck.

Chikenbok
03-04-2013, 10:45 PM
When I got into my Doctoral program two years ago I went through a similar situation. It was pretty bizarre parting with a collection I had spent fifteen years working on. A year into the program with full time course work, 3 TA positions, and teaching as an adjunct at a separate university I felt like something weird wasn't in my life. Picked up the only deck I had kept together (after parting with almost my entire collection), and starting playing again.

I certainly don't play like I used to, but having a stack of cardboard around makes me smile and occasionally goldfishing games against myself still cheers me up.

Best of luck in your life, your work, and everything else that comes your way,

Cheers comrade,

-Alex