PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can acquire Foil City of Traitors



apple713
05-24-2013, 01:04 AM
I'd love to buy some or trade for em, anyone have them on the forums for trade or sale? maybe know where should look?

Also i'd like to find the foil island that is alternate 8th ed border and parralax tide picture.

Lemnear
05-24-2013, 01:09 AM
You know that the Foul City of Traitors are test-/misprints and may put a 4-digit-$-bill (each) on you?

apple713
05-24-2013, 01:11 AM
You know that the Foul City of Traitors are misprints and may put a 4-digit-$-bill (each) on you?

yeah thats not a problem, Id rather have those than my set of moxen or bazaars or any of the valuable cards I dont use....

Megadeus
05-24-2013, 01:11 AM
I didnt even know they existed. I was like... I thought Exodus didnt have foils? Lol

Lemnear
05-24-2013, 01:15 AM
Just wanted to be sure :)

I keep an eye open

Megadeus
05-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Question. WOuld those be tournament legal?

apple713
05-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Question. WOuld those be tournament legal?

I've heard the black border ones are but the silver bordered ones are not.

Lemnear
05-24-2013, 01:52 AM
I've heard the black border ones are but the silver bordered ones are not.

The foils are all blackboardered afaik. We're not talking about Championship Decks

apple713
05-24-2013, 02:12 AM
The foils are all blackboardered afaik. We're not talking about Championship Decks

City of traitors seems to have only Black bordered versions

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/718-rarities-test-prints-press-checks-and-production-anomalies-english-cards-city-of-traitors-black--border.html

however other test prints from exodus have silver borders such as survival of the fittest.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?4607-DO-NOT-TRY-TO-SELL-IN-HERE-Pimp-Legacy-Decks/page212

phazonmutant
05-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Question. WOuld those be tournament legal?

I've talked with at least 2 other L2s in my area about it before and we've all been down with it. It's not technically a legal card, but it has the right Magic back, it has the right art, so it's like 99% there.

bruizar
05-24-2013, 02:55 AM
tracking down these babies is harder than tracking down a live velociraptor

sdematt
05-24-2013, 03:08 AM
Pretty sure there are silver-bordered Cities.

The problem is not finding them, but finding someone who wants to part with them. I've been looking for a Foil Textless Karn for 2 years, and found 5 or so, but no one wants to sell.

-Matt

Tha Gunslinga
05-24-2013, 08:30 AM
I used to own a silver-bordered foil City of Traitors. They do exist.

bruizar
05-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Occam has a set of them.

nedleeds
05-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Occam also has a Foil Velociraptor. It may also be crimped and double signed.

apple713
05-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Occam has a set of them.

I don't think he's willing to part with them. But thanks

Amon Amarth
05-24-2013, 11:36 AM
tracking down these babies is harder than tracking down a live velociraptor

I imagine the Velociraptors are hoarding them, if one can hoard something that isn't plentiful.

Julian23
05-24-2013, 12:01 PM
It's quote common internet-knowledge, that velociraptors only hoard bananas. (http://www.fabism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/8410b7d6b7a3ed10d63039adba5065ac.jpg)

Occam
06-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Got directed to this thread by someone, haven't logged in for ages :(

Foil CoTs aren't THAT rare, but it's fairly safe to say that they are all in the hands of collectors now. With the recent explosion in rarity prices, these are going to cost even more, plus a premium if you get a set. Have routinely turned down 3k on each, 15-ish for the set, but I suppose those prices might well get you foil cities elsewhere. Seriously, the speculatory nature of the misprint/rarity market is insane right now. 6-7k on a textless cradle that was 1.5k 3 years ago (round borders).

On that Tide, there are a couple, perhaps three of each version -- light/dark, I know who has the second dark piece aside from mine. I guess the other lighter version is still out there. Have gotten some offers on the two I have which were very good, but they'll never be sold

Raphy
06-05-2013, 03:22 PM
This is mine, Black Border and Sliver Border exist.

Black Border is more expensive because it's tournament playable.

But honestly, i already saw 10 more times Black Boredered ones than Silver Bordered.

http://www.raphygames.com/Pics/foilcot.jpg

Sry, not for sell.

apple713
06-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Got directed to this thread by someone, haven't logged in for ages :(

Foil CoTs aren't THAT rare, but it's fairly safe to say that they are all in the hands of collectors now. With the recent explosion in rarity prices, these are going to cost even more, plus a premium if you get a set. Have routinely turned down 3k on each, 15-ish for the set, but I suppose those prices might well get you foil cities elsewhere. Seriously, the speculatory nature of the misprint/rarity market is insane right now. 6-7k on a textless cradle that was 1.5k 3 years ago (round borders).

On that Tide, there are a couple, perhaps three of each version -- light/dark, I know who has the second dark piece aside from mine. I guess the other lighter version is still out there. Have gotten some offers on the two I have which were very good, but they'll never be sold

Sounds like I'm sol or need to find collectors willing to sell. If anyone knows someone willing to part with some of the above mentioned please let me know

KristinXX
06-06-2013, 01:32 PM
I like a man with a big deck who knows a lot about mtg. I'm lookin for someone to open my booster box with, wanna come over? :wink:

Vicar in a tutu
06-06-2013, 06:03 PM
I like a man with a big deck who knows a lot about mtg. I'm lookin for someone to open my booster box with, wanna come over? :wink:
Seems legit.