PDA

View Full Version : Gencon 2013



nedleeds
07-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Edit: If you have a time machine you can go to Gencon 2014. IF NOT -- GOOD NEWS FOR YOU! You can still go to Gencon 2013.

So I know champs aren't there but actually the prizes for the Legacy and Vintage are more enticing from a dollars perspective.

There's also the dealer room which is the biggest MTG orgy on Earth during the year. Who from the source is going? What are you hunting? Are you going to watch me make a cape out of the uncut sheet of antiquities that I'm going to fucking win?

Artist list is pretty good this year for getting shit signed

- Brom (though his line is likely to be a savage pounding)
- Poole
- Menges (ALL TEH M0@TZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ MUST BE INKED)
- Wayne A. "Rape your Cards face" Reynolds
- April "I only did 3 cards but they are sweet" Lee
- Charles Urbach
- Steve Argyle (if you want quad signed DRSs)
- Jason Engle
- NéNé Thomas (have you ever see a signed hurkyls?)
- Drew Baker if you for some reason have a collection of 100 Murder of Crows

Esper3k
07-06-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm in like Earthworm Jim.

(nameless one)
07-07-2013, 01:02 AM
I wish I am there. Signed old school side boob Recalls would be sweet.

nedleeds
07-07-2013, 01:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just realized I titled the thread 2014. Talk about looking ahead.

Esper3k
07-07-2013, 03:28 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just realized I titled the thread 2014. Talk about looking ahead.

I'm in for that too.

nedleeds
07-07-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm hunting

- beta time vault
- beta mana vault
- beta scrubland x 2
- beta savannah x 2
- every fucking russian and korean card on the floor
- harry potter larpers

Esper3k
07-07-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm searching for:

Cute chicks in costume.

phazonmutant
07-07-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm hunting

- beta time vault
- beta mana vault
- beta scrubland x 2
- beta savannah x 2
- every fucking russian and korean card on the floor
- harry potter larpers

I think the last one is commonly abbreviated: "herpes"

piZZero
07-08-2013, 04:17 AM
Artist list is pretty good this year for getting shit signed

- Brom (though his line is likely to be a savage pounding)
- Poole
- Menges (ALL TEH M0@TZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ MUST BE INKED)
- Wayne A. "Rape your Cards face" Reynolds
- April "I only did 3 cards but they are sweet" Lee
- Charles Urbach
- Steve Argyle (if you want quad signed DRSs)
- Jason Engle
- NéNé Thomas (have you ever see a signed hurkyls?)
- Drew Baker if you for some reason have a collection of 100 Murder of Crows

What's the source of that list of artists? That list is really different to the official one (http://community.gencon.com/files/folders/342815/download.aspx).

Warr
07-08-2013, 06:54 AM
What's the source of that list of artists? That list is really different to the official one (http://community.gencon.com/files/folders/342815/download.aspx).

Several of them have their own booths not associated with the art show (Steve Argyle, Nene Thomas). I've also heard from another source that Mark Poole will be in attendance.

@Nedleeds: Why so much hate over Wayne Reynold's signature? I happen to like it--simple and distinctive.

Esper3k
07-08-2013, 09:39 AM
From the official artists list, Noah Bradley and Ralph Horsley will also be there.

nedleeds
07-08-2013, 10:37 AM
What's the source of that list of artists? That list is really different to the official one (http://community.gencon.com/files/folders/342815/download.aspx).

as of June 4, 2013
* Elizabeth Alba albaillustration.com Lady G galinforf.com
Amul amul.biz Diesel LaForce shadowcastings.samsbiz.com
A.L. Ashbaugh alashbaugh.com Caroline Lebar carolinalebar.com
The Artificer theartificer.etsy.com 10+ April Lee aprillee.com
Drew Baker drewbaker.com Alayna Lemmer alayna.net
Brent Barrett barrettartifacts.biz William Levy williamlevy.deviantart.com
* Ashley Berto crimsondragonart.com Meg Lyman meglyman.com
Michael Bielaczyc michaelbielaczyc.com Martine psychedeliccreations.com
Paul Bielaczyc aradani.com 25 Jeff A. Menges dreamcolony.net/user/jmenges
Jared Blando theredepic.com Aaron Miller aaronbmiller.com
* Noah Bradley noahbradley.com 10+ Raven Mimura ravenmimura.com
* Kelly Brightbill kellybrightbill.com * Christine Mitzuk christinemitzuk.com
 Brom bromart.com Moon Drenched Glass Art none provided
Christopher Burdett christopherburdett.com Stanley Morrison stanley-morrison.artistwebsites.com
Lydia Burris lydiaburris.com Scott Murphy murphyillustrations.com
Douglas Bushong whygamesmatter.com * Amy Nagi amynagi.com
34 Bill Cavalier billcavalier.com David Nash davidnashart.com
* Milivoj Ćeran mceran-art.com NEN iscariotic.deviantart.com
Brent Chumley brentchumley.net * Chris Nitz Photography chrisnitz.com
Conceptopolis, LLC conceptopolis.com Elaine Oldham dreamlightgraphics.com
Jessica Cox requiemforlost.com David Lee Pancake davidleepancake.com
* Deanna Davoli deannadavoli.com Laura Pelick fallenlights.net
Meredith Dillman meredithdillman.com  Mark Poole markpooleillustrator@gmail.com
Alexandra "Lexxy" Douglass alexandra-douglass.com Vinod Rams vinodrams.com
Christopher Dunn christopher-dunn.com Sheila Rayyan motherspoon.com
Talon Dunning talonart.com Wayne Reynolds waynereynolds.com
10+ Alan Dyson dysonimages.com Lorraine Schleter lorillustration.blogspot.com
10+ Jason Engle jaestudio.com Joe Slucher joeslucher.deviantart.com
Connie Faye conniefaye.com 10+ Tony Steele steeleworks.moonfruit.com
Emily Fiegenschuh e-figart.com William R. Stolpin stolpinart.com
Sam Flegal samflegal.com Sunber Designs sunburdesigns.com
* Ray Greaves raygreavesart.com Sweetbread sweet-bread.deviantart.com
Kimber Grey graywhisper.com Billy Tackett billytackett.com
Diana Harlen Stein naiadstudios.com Erika Taguchi-Newton ravengirlsnest.com
* Mark A. Helwig markhelwigart.com Charles Urbach charlesurbach.com
10+ Paul (Prof) Herbert paulprofherbert.com Alain Viesca alainviescaart.com
Andrew Hopp muthaoithcreations.com Tyler Walpole tylerwalpole.com
Ralph Horsley ralphhorsely.co.uk * Owen William Weber oweber.com
Eric Hyde ravenfoxstudios.com Sarah Wilkinson sarahwilkinson.net
10+ John E. Kaufman jek2004.com Brent Woodside brentwoodside.com
Brian Kelley theillustrationpit.com Kayla Woodside kaylawoodsideart.com
* Alex Kostrzewa metalartisan.etsy.com Tami Yost woodennickelimages.com
10+ Doug Kovacs dougkovacs.com Beth Zyglowicz forwardtoadventure.tumblr.com
Denotes Artist Guest of Honor / Denotes Artists who have joined since last posting this list
* Denotes new Artists to the Art Show / (number) of years Artist has attended
Gen Con Indy 2013
Art Show Attendees

pasted poorly from the PDF

nedleeds
07-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Several of them have their own booths not associated with the art show (Steve Argyle, Nene Thomas). I've also heard from another source that Mark Poole will be in attendance.

@Nedleeds: Why so much hate over Wayne Reynold's signature? I happen to like it--simple and distinctive.


Wayne? Are you posting here now? WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nedleeds
07-08-2013, 10:41 AM
From the official artists list, Noah Bradley and Ralph Horsley will also be there.

Oh yeah, I think I got all my Horsley stuff signed last year. Noah Bradley hasn't done any cards I'll ever play. Maybe he has something in M14.

Warr
07-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Wayne? Are you posting here now? WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Nope, not me LOL. Just a play on my real name. But I certainly don't mind the big WAR for that same reason :)

nedleeds
07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
It looks a little dreadful to me. I also don't care for his anime cat titties everywhere artwork. Mostly because I'm old and like actual painted magic art. All that being said I'll probably hand him the bronze ink and have him deface my stuff regardless.

Esper3k
07-09-2013, 01:42 PM
I like Reynold's more comic style art, personally.

Also, he was one of the more interesting artists to speak with (he was at GenCon 2? years ago). As much as I appreciate the artists for making the art for our cards and signing them, etc. it's really annoying/aggravating when you run across pissy ones (John Avon / Dan Frazier, I'm looking at you!).

Picc
07-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Ill be there this year, hoping to trade for another mox or maybe a time walk though honestly most of my time will be spent doing other stuff. There's just way to much fun stuff going on there.

Esper3k
07-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Ill be there this year, hoping to trade for another mox or maybe a time walk though honestly most of my time will be spent doing other stuff. There's just way to much fun stuff going on there.

Agreed. These past years, I'd bring a deck and tell myself I'd play Vintage Champs... then decide to do something else instead. Legacy Champs, I'd just play whatever the hell I feel like, scrub out, then go continue to browse the dealers room.

Zakman86
07-17-2013, 01:08 AM
If I learned anything from last year, I'll scour the dealer booth early. Not often.

nedleeds
07-17-2013, 09:54 AM
If I learned anything from last year it's that Korean Land Tax, Veteran Explorer, Peacekeeper, Serenity cost $.50. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Zakman86
07-17-2013, 06:15 PM
If I learned anything from last year it's that Korean Land Tax, Veteran Explorer, Peacekeeper, Serenity cost $.50. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I know which place I'm going to first on Thursday after True Dungeon. You can have the Korean cards, though. :)

nedleeds
07-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I know which place I'm going to first on Thursday after True Dungeon. You can have the Korean cards, though. :)

Sweet. You can have the foil box and we'll wall off any interlopers.

nedleeds
08-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Bump. A week out. Who is psyched?

The hall of ultimate value awaits ... uncut sheets of Antiquities await ... 80 booster sealed tourney of Christ awaits ... morbidly obese people with calf necrosis riding hover rounds await!

obituary 95
08-10-2013, 07:19 PM
i am going to gencon this year (my first one) and am really excited

i'm not as excited for having to go straight to college the day after the event ends

Griselpuff
08-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Anybody know if there's any GenCon coverage? I'd be interested in learning which decks do well at the Legacy events.

feline
08-18-2013, 12:09 AM
I second this as I would love to include Gen Con results in the next meta game update I am doing as of typing this sentence.