PDA

View Full Version : Do you use checklists with your delvers?



Star|Scream
07-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Silly question, but I'm curious about using checklist cards. Do most people use them or just use the actual card in tournament play?

nedleeds
07-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Korean ones.

Viridia
07-31-2013, 04:07 PM
I actually dont use them for my Delvers, however i do have matching Russian ones for my Garruks :)

Koby
07-31-2013, 04:10 PM
I got the checklist card altered to be a full card proxy (because... it is); then use the actual DFC in its own separate sleeve to show that I do infact have Delver of Secret / Insectile Aberration as required. I think the photo exists somewhere buried deep in the Pimp thread.

thecrav
07-31-2013, 04:39 PM
I use checklist because with the exception of KMC Matte Black, almost every set of sleeves ever is just a teeny bit translucent.

Esper3k
07-31-2013, 04:48 PM
No. I just use 8 foil Delvers. 4 face up ones for the deck, 4 flipped ones in different color sleeves.

dontbiteitholmes
07-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Checklist and everything except the Delver box is blackout.

Whippoorwill
07-31-2013, 08:18 PM
Korean ones.

This.

I use Japanese ones for the Aberrations.

ESG
08-01-2013, 12:43 AM
No. I actually flip my Delvers.

Also, I still loathe transform. The worst mechanic in all of Magic. Aesthetically, double-faced cards are awful. Two weeks ago, I Thoughtseized a guy and saw a bunch of checklists (he was playing Werewolf Stompy). Ugliest hand ever. I will never put a checklist in my deck. It's an insult to this game's art.

from Cairo
08-01-2013, 12:50 AM
I just use the actual flip cards in Matte sleeves. They aren't translucent, no care. Still think the idea of this checklist/proxy was poor planning on WotC part, Kamigawa block flip cards at least kept the universal backing to the cards.

sdematt
08-01-2013, 01:45 AM
I use English Delvers in my deck, and have Russian copies in clear sleeves to use for flipping.

-Matt

saspook
08-01-2013, 01:58 AM
I use English Delvers in my deck, and have Russian copies in clear sleeves to use for flipping.

-Matt

I use the checklists because they are so ugly. Then I put the flip cards in clear sleeves.

It annoys me that people bungle around with transforming a card and sliding it back in the sleeve even though it will need to be taken back out of the sleeve and put back in short order. Stop wasting time.

Secretly.A.Bee
08-01-2013, 03:43 AM
It annoys me that people bungle around with transforming a card and sliding it back in the sleeve even though it will need to be taken back out of the sleeve and put back in short order. Stop wasting time.

Word. It's not like it's gonna matter when I EE next turn anyway...

When I used to play UR Delver, I just had 8 Delvers. 4 mainboard, 4 in Perfect Fit Sleeves off to the side.

-ABC

jandax
08-01-2013, 05:26 AM
How I flip my Delvers

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0p8eaKogF1rqqwato1_500.gif

Hof
08-01-2013, 05:32 AM
Also, I still loathe transform. The worst mechanic in all of Magic. Aesthetically, double-faced cards are awful.
+1

I use 4 Delver + 4 Insectile as tokens.

Kayradis
08-01-2013, 07:03 AM
How I flip my Delvers

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0p8eaKogF1rqqwato1_500.gif

That times a million.

I use checklist depending on my sleeves.

Bed Decks Palyer
08-01-2013, 09:18 AM
No. I actually flip my Delvers.

Also, I still loathe transform. The worst mechanic in all of Magic. Aesthetically, double-faced cards are awful. Two weeks ago, I Thoughtseized a guy and saw a bunch of checklists (he was playing Werewolf Stompy). Ugliest hand ever. I will never put a checklist in my deck. It's an insult to this game's art.

Still think the idea of this checklist/proxy was poor planning on WotC part, Kamigawa block flip cards at least kept the universal backing to the cards.
This.
Worst design ever, both from gameplay and artistic point of view.



It annoys me that people bungle around with transforming a card and sliding it back in the sleeve even though it will need to be taken back out of the sleeve and put back in short order. Stop wasting time.
Yeah, stop wasting time, because this game is all about pace. Please no fetches, Brainstorms, DDs, decisions, Counterbalance, DRit+DRit+CRit+LED+IT+PiF+DRit+DRit+CRit+IT. And all that stuff...

Like if Delver matters. Also, a pro tip: you may pull up just a part of Delver out of the sleeve and then flip it. You actually don't need to see the whole card, do you?

nedleeds
08-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Word. It's not like it's gonna matter when I EE next turn anyway...

When I used to play UR Delver, I just had 8 Delvers. 4 mainboard, 4 in Perfect Fit Sleeves off to the side.

-ABC

I thought flip cards were going to end the last barrier of CE/IE being legal in sanctioned. They are awful.

Star|Scream
08-01-2013, 10:32 AM
So basically there's no consensus on this at all.

Is it really allowable to use an extra set of Delvers for the flip if you are not using checklists?

vennie
08-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Yes it is, as long as you keep them perfectly recognizable and do not put them in your deck by accident:P

Picc
08-01-2013, 02:05 PM
I use altered checklists (hate them, painted them so they wouldn't be quite so horrible but still hate them).

Quasim0ff
08-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Can you get foil checklists?

If not, then no ;-)

Regular english foil Delvers here.

kusumoto
08-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Checklists and separate Delvers in my deck box sitting in perfect fits.

Flip cards are stupid.

Star|Scream
08-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Can you get foil checklists?

If not, then no ;-)

Regular english foil Delvers here.

Foil Japanese Checklists, FTW

gregtron
08-01-2013, 03:12 PM
So basically there's no consensus on this at all.

Is it really allowable to use an extra set of Delvers for the flip if you are not using checklists?

I wouldn't say no, but I'd say it's too risky to bother. I just flipped through the Tournament Rules and couldn't find anything giving a definitive yes or no, but I have heard multiple head judges announce that cards in your deck box that aren't part of your 75 can result in a game loss. Can a judge confirm this? I'm really curious now about whether or not this could cause trouble for a player.

Oh, and for the record, I use checklist cards. Removing and reinserting a double-sleeved card is a hassle I don't want to bother with.

thecrav
08-01-2013, 04:57 PM
<I AM NOT A JUDGE>

Having a second copy of each shouldn't be a problem.



[I]f there are extra cards stored with the sideboard that could conceivably be played in the player’s deck, they will be considered a part of the sideboard unless they are:
...
Double-faced cards being used to represent the ‘night’ side of cards in the deck.
...
These cards must not be sleeved in the same way as cards in the main deck and/or sideboard.

Esper3k
08-01-2013, 05:17 PM
As always, if there's any question, ask the HJ of the tournament beforehand.

I can't really see anyone having problems though if they're kept in clearly different sleeves.

Purgatory
08-02-2013, 12:51 AM
I use the checklists because they are so ugly. Then I put the flip cards in clear sleeves.

It annoys me that people bungle around with transforming a card and sliding it back in the sleeve even though it will need to be taken back out of the sleeve and put back in short order. Stop wasting time.

I play with proper Delvers in Ultra Pro perfect fits in KMC matte black sleeves, and it takes me about 2-3 seconds to take the Delver out of the KMC sleeve and put it back in transformed.

It may be a time issue when playing a werewolf deck, but it isn't with Delvers.

kombatkiwi
08-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Also, a pro tip: you may pull up just a part of Delver out of the sleeve and then flip it. You actually don't need to see the whole card, do you?

This is what I do usually

In nonsactioned games I just flip the whole sleeve over like a morph, it's not like anybody's going to suddenly think it's a 2/2

I think checklist cards are ugly so I never use them

GoblinSettler
08-02-2013, 04:33 AM
Checklists, because my favorite sleeves are slightly transparent.

DragoFireheart
08-02-2013, 12:20 PM
To this day I still hate WotC for making that moronic mechanic.

alphastryk
08-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Russian checklist cards. #swag

Flipping double-sleeved cards isn't practical.

sauce
08-02-2013, 11:55 PM
nope. foil delvers, pull em out and flip em, that's part of the fun!

samurai_socks
08-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Yes.

Russian checklists + Russian Delvers.

-Cheers-

Hof
08-15-2013, 05:05 AM
In nonsactioned games I just flip the whole sleeve over like a morph, it's not like anybody's going to suddenly think it's a 2/2

Hey. What if we could buy sleeves with Insectile Abberation image on the back?

SirTylerGalt
08-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Hey. What if we could buy sleeves with Insectile Abberation image on the back?

Then your morphed creatures all become 3/2 flying insects?

Bed Decks Palyer
08-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Hey. What if we could buy sleeves with Insectile Abberation image on the back?

Then your morphed creatures all become 3/2 flying insects?
You just pull the morphs out of the sleeves. :cool:

barcode
08-15-2013, 09:09 AM
No checklists. Still waiting to snag korean foil delvers, however.

force_of_phil
08-15-2013, 03:28 PM
I use Kird Apes instead. I wanted to give flip cards a fair shot, but my therapist cut me off. Apparently too much loathing and rage can become physically unhealthy, and I was running out of checklists to tear up every time it became unmanageable.

clavio
08-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I thought flip cards were going to end the last barrier of CE/IE being legal in sanctioned. They are awful.

What is CE/IE?

Linqed
08-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Collector's Edition / International Edition. They're duplicate sets of Beta sets with extra basic lands, square edges and gold borders on the back. They have CE/IE in gold written on the back. They're basically worlds nicest proxies.