Fossil4182
08-17-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm potentially trading some dual lands to players in the store next week and wanted to get some insight about best trading practices. Theses duals are extra, but I still want to make sure I don't undercut myself.
Typically, if someone is trading me standard cards for something like a dual land, I usually value their cards at buy list prices. However, some of the trade stuff includes cards like Liliana of the Veil, and Deathrite Shaman. Additonally, one of the players has a Tarmogoyf he's looking to unload.
Does the fact that these cards could be reprinted at will make any difference to you when trading for something on the reserve list (like a dual land)?
Addionally, how much do you attempt to devalue a Legacy staples, like Liliana for example, that are rotating out of standard soon?
Finally, if a card is a Legacy staple, but in Standard (and not about to rotate), how do you value it?
Typically, if someone is trading me standard cards for something like a dual land, I usually value their cards at buy list prices. However, some of the trade stuff includes cards like Liliana of the Veil, and Deathrite Shaman. Additonally, one of the players has a Tarmogoyf he's looking to unload.
Does the fact that these cards could be reprinted at will make any difference to you when trading for something on the reserve list (like a dual land)?
Addionally, how much do you attempt to devalue a Legacy staples, like Liliana for example, that are rotating out of standard soon?
Finally, if a card is a Legacy staple, but in Standard (and not about to rotate), how do you value it?