PDA

View Full Version : Green sun's Zenith and Dryad Arbor



Dan Turner
10-05-2013, 09:51 PM
My 2 questions are is:

I believe the answer is yes to both but want to make sure.

1.) Can I play Green Sun's Zenith for just the (G) and make x = zero, then search for Dryad Arbor and drop it into play.

2.) Turn 1 I cast Black Lotus, then cast Gaea's Cradle, cast Llanowar elf having saced the lotus for (G)(G)(G) then use 2 GSZ's to look for 2 dryad Arbors, then tap the Cradle for 3 and use that to cast Elvish Archdruid.


A friend I play with doesn't think its legal to drop 3 land's in 1 turn or to cast GSZ without having at least 1 for the X. I tried to tell him but he wants a ruling that actually mentions the cards in question.

rufus
10-05-2013, 10:21 PM
My 2 questions are is:

I believe the answer is yes to both but want to make sure.

1.) Can I play Green Sun's Zenith for just the (G) and make x = zero, then search for Dryad Arbor and drop it into play.

2.) Turn 1 I cast Black Lotus, then cast Gaea's Cradle, cast Llanowar elf having saced the lotus for (G)(G)(G) then use 2 GSZ's to look for 2 dryad Arbors, then tap the Cradle for 3 and use that to cast Elvish Archdruid.

A friend I play with doesn't think its legal to drop 3 land's in 1 turn or to cast GSZ without having at least 1 for the X. I tried to tell him but he wants a ruling that actually mentions the cards in question.

It's a legal line of play, though, technically, you don't 'cast' lands. You play them.

You can play one land per turn, but effects that put lands directly into play (like fetch lands) don't count as playing lands. There are also plenty of cards like Scapeshift which explicitly put lots of lands into play.

Feel free to look elsewhere, I'm not sure how official a ruling your friend wants.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=371246

Bed Decks Palyer
10-08-2013, 10:01 AM
X can be zero. Arbor's cmc is zero. Arbor is green. Arbor is creature.

That friend of yours needs to check the rulebook, and I'm not even trying to be harsh. Just that it's better to understand these things and then if a similar stuff shows up in future, he'll know how to solve the situation instead of just been forced to believe you.
Also, there's that difference betwen playing/casting/putting on the battlefield, so I think that's what mistook him.