View Full Version : Source T-Shirt
Zilla
04-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Greetings! I've been getting inquiries from people about a Source t-shirt, and I've finally decided to start working on getting that going, since the playmats were such a success. I've reworked the original playmat image to work better on a t-shirt, and Dave (MyElectronicDays) has kindly taken the time to whip up a Jace to add to the image!
Here's the new image:
http://www.mtgthesource.com/downloads/t-shirt.jpg
And here's roughly what it would look like on a t-shirt:
http://www.mtgthesource.com/downloads/t-shirt_mockup.png
I'm still doing research on who to use for printing so I don't have any information on pricing at the moment, but my intention is to opt for heavyweight, high quality shirts and printing. My hope is that we can keep them in the $20-$25 range.
I'd like to gauge community interest here before moving ahead with printing, because it's a significant up front investment on my part. If you're pretty sure you'd want to order one or more of these when they're printed, please post here and say so. For the moment, assume they'll be about $20-$25 + $5ish apiece for shipping in the US, and + $15ish for shipping to Europe. Again, these costs are just an estimate at the moment, but that's roughly the target. Also if you feel like including the size(s) you'd want, that would help me gauge what proportion of each size to get when we move forward with printing.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them as well. Thanks!
danyul
04-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Count me in! Also +1 for using heavyweight fabrics. I've had to pass on plenty of awesome T-shirts because they were printed on American Apparel stock tees. And those Eurocut superthin fabric hipster shirts just don't accentuate (hide) my man-curves the way I need them to. I'd buy two size L shirts. And I know plenty of friends who would order some as well.
Myelectronicdays
04-09-2014, 03:12 PM
you know id buy one! Nothing like getting my face kicked in by a first time legacy player while im repping this shirt.
Barook
04-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Personally, I think the Source logo is too low and thus, the result looks weird. I think it should be higher, more on chest-height, e.g. like this (http://store.channelfireball.com/catalog/supplies-apparel/channel_fireball_tshirt/82951).
I'm not sure how to make that work with the current artwork, though. Maybe Source logo on chest height, picture below?
Zilla
04-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Personally, I think the Source logo is too low and thus, the result looks weird. I think it should be higher, more on chest-height, e.g. like this (http://store.channelfireball.com/catalog/supplies-apparel/channel_fireball_tshirt/82951).
I'm not sure how to make that work with the current artwork, though. Maybe Source logo on chest height, picture below?
Personally I'd rather the artwork be the focal point and the site name be secondary to that, but that's just my opinion.
Tammit67
04-09-2014, 04:06 PM
In. Adult large is usually swell for someone my height
I'm definitely interested in 2 large.
I think there are some places that will ship to multiple addresses instead of all to one place and still have the discount for the larger orders.
Cynicath
04-09-2014, 05:08 PM
I want one!
feline
04-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Holy cow this is awesome! I didn't get a playmat because I travel as light as I can when going from event to event but, a T-shirt is something I don't have to pack because you wear it! I need to find someone with a credit card and give them the cost of this shirt so I can get one ^^
Zilla
04-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Feline, paypal is the typical method of payment, but for members without that ability I can do a personal check or money order. It will just take a little longer to get sent that way is all.
rxavage
04-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Please don't make them all heavy weight, those beefy t's are terrible, might as well be wearing a mumu. The neck and arms always stretch because there is no elasticity.
Zilla
04-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Oh yeah, I totally agree. When I say heavyweight, I just mean not American Apparel thin, falls apart after two washes kind of a deal. I fucking hate shirts like that. But I also hate feeling like I'm wearing a shirt made out of corrugated cardboard. My goal will be to find shirts that are thick but super soft. I'm picky as fuck about the t-shirts I wear, so rest assured I'll be making sure we're getting a quality product.
rxavage
04-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah, I totally agree. When I say heavyweight, I just mean not American Apparel thin, falls apart after two washes kind of a deal. I fucking hate shirts like that. But I also hate feeling like I'm wearing a shirt made out of corrugated cardboard. My goal will be to find shirts that are thick but super soft. I'm picky as fuck about the t-shirts I wear, so rest assured I'll be making sure we're getting a quality product.
Sign me up for a Large if 100% cotton, Medium if its a poly blend.
Technics
04-10-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm obviously down. Would prefer a more "athletic" shirt (poly-blend/dri-fit), but depending on the printer/method we might all be able to pick our own shirt material.
shrubs
04-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Would the proceeds go to support the site, like the playmats?
I'm down for one, either large or medium depending on the material.
kubalonek
04-11-2014, 03:28 AM
2 for me :) Sent PM.
Amon Amarth
04-11-2014, 11:08 AM
I'd be down. One medium for me.
Mister M.
04-11-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm pretty positive, the legacy crowd of Berlin would be in for around 10 shirts.
best
Zilla
04-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Would the proceeds go to support the site, like the playmats?
Yes they would, and also theoretically to bankroll other projects like playmats and shirts with alternate designs.
Nysrol
04-11-2014, 02:25 PM
I could totaly use a shirt like this for GPNJ
Jay_Gatz
04-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Count me in for a large
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dark Ritual
04-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Count me in for an extra large.
Poron
04-12-2014, 03:41 PM
count me in for a small or medium one.
(I'd like to know measures before the buy)
I'm down, a large and a medium.
phazonmutant
04-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Interested for a M.
infant_no_1
04-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I am in for a 2X.
Admiral_Arzar
04-15-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm in for a large.
Kayradis
04-16-2014, 07:10 AM
2 Larges for me please?
That way I can wear one everyday and keep one for tournaments!
Edit: Let's make sure everyone got one before GP New Jersey? :P
MrSoze
04-17-2014, 05:40 PM
YES. Count me in for a Large.
zinedrei
04-23-2014, 10:41 PM
1 large and 1 medium if possible.
can this be shipped to HK?
Zilla
04-24-2014, 11:31 AM
1 large and 1 medium if possible.
can this be shipped to HK?
We should be able to ship there, yeah.
sauce
04-26-2014, 10:32 AM
medium
r3dd09
04-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Interested!
zinedrei
04-27-2014, 11:14 PM
We should be able to ship there, yeah.
thanks for confirming.
will await further details
Nocley
04-28-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm interested in a L or XL depending on which shirt brand we use.
For heavyweight, I'm a big fan of Gildan shirts, but that's just because what I know fits me the best. I'm also a fan of jakprints for printing of shirts, but again bias because I know a few people who have printed lots of stuff there.
I'll take a large if you're fine with shipping to China, it won't match my Paypal address so I'll leave notes when you're ready to take orders.
Cheers!
P.S: I don't particularly love the way that image is arranged, if possible I think it would be great to draft at least two designs and let us vote on the best one. I'll buy one to support you guys but I'd probably enjoy wearing it if the image looked a bit more professional. Please don't take it the wrong way but this one does look like it was slapped together rather quickly and makes an otherwise interesting work of art look childish.
Herjan
04-28-2014, 01:40 AM
I'm in for a XL.
Arcbound Twerker
06-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Have you considered using http://TeeSpring.com to crowd fund the shirt?
In a nutshell, all you have to do is easily design the shirt (pick the shirt brand/color/layout the design) and set a goal on the amount of shirts you want sold. You can choose how much profit you make. The higher the goal, theoretically the less each shirt will cost.
Best of all, you don't have to worry about figuring what sizes to get and shipping them out yourself. It is really really easy.
Personally, I'd be more in favor of just the text version of THE SOURCE (Your Source for Legacy) across the chest or a smaller text on the upper left.
Zombiesquisher
06-20-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm in for one! These look great!
Bloodcookie
07-01-2014, 04:36 PM
This looks fantastic, and I would most certainly order one, probably a medium.
say no to scurvy
07-01-2014, 04:48 PM
I'd be interested if the color was dark blue and not black. I try not to wear black shirts.
Lord_Mcdonalds
07-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Id be down for two (large or xl)
Zilla
07-01-2014, 06:35 PM
I'd be interested if the color was dark blue and not black. I try not to wear black shirts.
My goal will be to find a nice dark bluish-purple shirt. Basically as close to the background color of the site as we can get.
Sorry for the delay on this project... been insanely busy with work and family stuff. It's still in the works!
Stoyrm
07-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Got to get one of these. Intend to have my nick stapled onto the back, so people can easily find me at GP NJ!
TinkerRobot
08-20-2014, 09:49 PM
I mostly just lurk on here and rarely post, but I still really want one. The amount my Legacy playing has improved from reading these boards is immeasurable.
shpishay
08-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Design looks great; I'll take one in Men's medium.
Dice_Box
08-22-2014, 10:11 AM
As much as I like it, I would not wear anything with a image of Jace on it.
blindspotxxx
09-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Interested as well!
Grillo
09-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Interested.
Size M
trolliver
12-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Any ambition to make a new design with just the source logo ? I hope i dont sound rude... English is not my language :tongue:
Quasim0ff
12-02-2014, 03:09 PM
As much as I like it, I would not wear anything with a image of Jace on it.
I love it, and if it's still available I'll take one. I'll basically wear anything with a jace on it.
goblinsplayer
12-02-2014, 05:10 PM
I will definitely take one.
Size is adult large.
Qweerios
12-07-2014, 07:47 AM
I will buy one for sure. I would prefer a hoodie but i'll take anything.
EpicLevelCommoner
12-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Count me in for a 2XL, 2XLT if they have it.
Manipulato
07-13-2015, 05:26 AM
I would take one too! L please.
Are these still a thing? If so, I will take one in XL.
ashent
07-21-2017, 06:40 PM
Interested in an M.
thefringthing
07-21-2017, 07:10 PM
Fuck me, the necros in this thread are incredible. Once a year someone posts in here with their t-shirt size. Incredible.
haganbmj
07-21-2017, 07:29 PM
Fuck me, the necros in this thread are incredible. Once a year someone posts in here with their t-shirt size. Incredible.
Should remove it as a sticky and lock it.
I'll take a Medium. ;)
Megadeus
07-21-2017, 08:08 PM
XL. Gotta get them tight sleeves to show off the guns.
jimmythegreek
07-22-2017, 07:24 AM
XL. Gotta get them tight sleeves to show off the guns.
How do we get tusk shirts is what i want to know.
Pickeringcasino
02-28-2023, 05:08 PM
Thanks for sharing:smile:
Alex_UNLIMITED
11-12-2025, 10:21 AM
Is it still available? May I take a look?
I don't think this is still gonna happen (a real pity in my book, though!), so I unstickied the thread.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.