PDA

View Full Version : Magic Card Market as a US Buyer



Atikin
07-22-2014, 11:39 PM
Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I am currently trying to buy certain foils, and am noticing that they are much cheaper on magic card market than something like ebay, with a few of them not even available on ebay. The only issue is that I am in the US, and this doesnt appear to be a shipping option on MCM.

Do any USA users here have any experience buying on magic card market, in particular from Spain? I have heard only horror stories about Spanish shipping, but when the difference in price is as large as it is I figure it might be worth the risk.

Lastly, does anyone know how much it costs to ship a single card or two from Spain to US?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Afro
07-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I am currently trying to buy certain foils, and am noticing that they are much cheaper on magic card market than something like ebay, with a few of them not even available on ebay. The only issue is that I am in the US, and this doesnt appear to be a shipping option on MCM.

Do any USA users here have any experience buying on magic card market, in particular from Spain? I have heard only horror stories about Spanish shipping, but when the difference in price is as large as it is I figure it might be worth the risk.

Lastly, does anyone know how much it costs to ship a single card or two from Spain to US?

Thank you in advance for any help.

As a signed collector MCM is a wet dream. I've contacted a couple different Spanish sellers and have had cards delivered no problem outside of the actual interface. Just be smart and only do business with those on there with the feedback to make you feel comfortable. Shipping to US depends on if they send tracking, bubble mailer, etc.

UseLess
07-23-2014, 12:21 AM
An alternative is to have the cards shipped within Europe to a MCM user who then ships the cards to you in the US with any method you prefer. I've seen several Americans do this via the source and if you need to I can help you out here as well. It might be a bit safer than going into contact directly with a Spanish trader (you have MCM security), though a bit more of a hassel I guess. If you need help feel free to send me a message.

Atikin
07-23-2014, 12:27 AM
So is the difference between the two methods the safety and cost of it? I'm assuming Spain to USA is cheaper than going through Europe, but going through Europe is safer?

Lemnear
07-23-2014, 01:33 AM
Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I am currently trying to buy certain foils, and am noticing that they are much cheaper on magic card market than something like ebay, with a few of them not even available on ebay. The only issue is that I am in the US, and this doesnt appear to be a shipping option on MCM.

Do any USA users here have any experience buying on magic card market, in particular from Spain? I have heard only horror stories about Spanish shipping, but when the difference in price is as large as it is I figure it might be worth the risk.

Lastly, does anyone know how much it costs to ship a single card or two from Spain to US?

Thank you in advance for any help.

You need the help of an MCM member within Europe here to gather the cards and send them overseas which is usually around 5€ for shipping with tracking Code and +1,50€ per 100€ insurance. This method usually sums up for the US buyer as cardcost + shipping within europe for each card + package price for sending to the US/elsewhere (the 5€+ mentioned).

I do this pretty often as a middlesman.

UseLess
07-23-2014, 05:35 AM
The shipping costs inside Europe are normally not very high and is rather secure. However, you can't buy through MCM if you're from America so you would have to arrange it directly with the seller. This means that you don't have the buyer protection that MCM can normally offer in case of insured sales. I guess it kinda depends on how expensive the shipping is compared to the cost of the items whether it is worth it to go through Europe first.

ween
07-23-2014, 07:50 AM
I contacted a half dozen sellers directly when i was looking for FBB Duals, none of them would deal with me.

You might have better luck to America than i did to Australia, or i just got unlucky.

Lemnear
07-23-2014, 08:06 AM
I contacted a half dozen sellers directly when i was looking for FBB Duals, none of them would deal with me.

You might have better luck to America than i did to Australia, or i just got unlucky.

Seriously, I don't see a problem as long as you know who you are dealing with.

Markers
07-24-2014, 01:14 PM
As a signed collector MCM is a wet dream. I've contacted a couple different Spanish sellers and have had cards delivered no problem outside of the actual interface. Just be smart and only do business with those on there with the feedback to make you feel comfortable. Shipping to US depends on if they send tracking, bubble mailer, etc.

Careful...There are fakes (sigs) on mcm...

Jon
07-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I am looking to get some stuff slowly over time. Mostly looking for foreign things for Soldier Stompy. Whats the best way to do this? Find someone I trust from the source and have them be a middleman?

Sparkii
07-24-2014, 08:42 PM
Definitely go with a third party if you can. It'll make things much easier. I bought my foil ports and FBB duals from a friend in Europe, shipping was around $20.