// 7 Disruption - out comes Recursion and 2 Thrills
2 Spirit of the Labyrinth
2 Gaddock Teeg
2 Dryad Militant
1 Containment Priest

It's pretty much what you expected when you clicked the thread

Lemnear
11-11-2014, 02:44 AM
As Zoo is no more compeditive, pump is generally pretty bad due to the 1-for-2 cardadvantage your opponent can achieve by removing your creature and the fact that this deck just loses to combo and it's own variance, I wished you had put a bit more work into this opening post and elaborated your choices and thoughts. Why is there so much durdle-stuff like proclamation but no space for Sylvan Library to push your opponent against the wall with the cardadvantage it can provide? Why are there only 4 Bolts to clear the way for Fiend/Guide/Swiftspear? Etc.

zulander
11-11-2014, 08:21 AM
11 pump spells + 4 lightning bolt = underutilized Monestary Swiftspear + Young Pyromancer. It also means Kiln Fiend and Tethmos are going to be sub-par as well.

If you want to really go all out you'd have to play about 14-16 creatures max and play tons of free spells to accommodate, such as nivmagus elemental, gitaxian probe or the free pump spells.

Also, Ghor-Clan Rampager is the best pump spell ever.

apple713
11-11-2014, 08:32 AM
i think you meant to put this in the modern section...then it might be worth discussing.

BooleanLobster
11-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Lemnear:
Remember that Thrill of the Hunt and Prey's Vengeance trigger everything twice. Yes, Prey's Vengeance opens up bad 2-for-1s, but potential +4/+4 and two triggers for G instant is worth some risk. Thrill of the Hunt can simply dominate combat, and at worst I get 1.5-for-1'd, while still getting my Pyromancer token.

Proclamation is not durdle. It's a 3 mana sorcery that adds 5-7 power to the board immediately, some of it likely with haste. Tethmos is possibly too cute, but as soon as he hits the board, you threaten a cast+flashbacked Thrill of the Hunt to bring back any two guys. Sylvan Library is worth a try.

More removal is probably in order, but Swiftspear + Prey's Vengeance is a 4/5 attacking twice. If there's a creature in the way, I don't care - my guy is bigger (T2-T3, anyway).

zulander:
8 of the pump spells trigger twice, and Proclamation also triggers everyone. It's more like 26 potential triggers. Good enough? I don't need Kiln Fiend to be a 10/2 every turn. 4 or 7 power on a two mana creature is just fine. Gitprobe is a good idea though. Checking for instant-speed removal is great, and being certain of my opponent's deck T1 is great.
Ghor-Clan Rampager is indeed the best pump spell ever, but it doesn't count as casting a non-creature spell. Would if I could.

apple713:
...I actually did not notice that this was modern legal.

Probably right about Tethmos.
-2 Tethmos High Priest
+2 Gitaxian Probe