PDA

View Full Version : Testing Testing 123



thefreakaccident
12-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey guys. I don't seem to see a thread here for people to set up practice online. So I guess this will be it for a time. Post a desire for a testing partner, and people will pm who are willing to oblige. Any means of online play might as well be included: Cockatrice, MWS, MagicOnline. Just make sure to be clear which form of online play that you have available.

I have pretty much all of the DTB's and a decent number of the established decks proxied on MWS in case anyone wants to hit me up. Unfortunately I don't have cockatrice or magiconline.

I would also like to get a testing partner with many decks proxied so we can both run our decks through the gauntlet, but I'll take what I can get :wink:.

PirateKing
12-26-2014, 07:41 PM
I have MWS, I could build some of my physical decks or copy a list you want run against. Give me a PM whenever you want to run something.

Meekrab
12-26-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm on MTGO, same screename as here. Mostly have tier 2 legacy decks at the moment (Tezzeret, Grixis, Grinding Station, TezzFinity, Laboratory Maniac combo) because I'm waiting on the next masters edition to bring down the cost of some stupidly expensive staple cards. I can understand that a Black Lotus will never be jank rare cheap, but there's no reason Daze should be 27 tix, wotc.

snorlaxcom
12-26-2014, 08:13 PM
When I get a better comp soon I'll be up for some games t2/legacy. I have mws with same sn. If you wish to practice vs a deck type then have a file saved or link the list. I thought there were events held here with pairings and such, but that fell apart. Magic League has that to some extent with judge staff already.

thecrav
12-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Just curious but would anyone be interested in testing over skype? I know a lot of people on the magic reddit do it and I can maniuplate my physical deck a lot faster than i can cockatrice or mws.

The first time I cockatrice tested with SDEMatt, I started the game by accidentally revealing my library.

iamajellydonut
12-28-2014, 12:32 AM
Just curious but would anyone be interested in testing over skype? I know a lot of people on the magic reddit do it and I can maniuplate my physical deck a lot faster than i can cockatrice or mws.

The first time I cockatrice tested with SDEMatt, I started the game by accidentally revealing my library.

I definitely wouldn't mind being part of a general Skype group, but playing physical games via Skype has never been anything but a pain in the ass. People do play that way, but you shouldn't become one of those people. They're pretty much tools. Even though you may not be used to it, playing over Cock.de is faster than playing with physical cards in all circumstances. Believing otherwise is like saying that using a car isn't faster than walking because you don't know how to drive. A mulligan is as simple as ctrl+m. Cock.de also requires zero set up, and has the obvious benefit of allowing you to test with or against things you or they don't have with the click of a button.

p.s. If anyone has ever played against a humongous asshole with a retarded unregistered name like "poot" or "paf" or "fut" or "jew" who was playing an awful deck, that was probably me.

Madmankevinx
12-28-2014, 05:05 PM
**Stupid question alert**

What is MWS?

supremePINEAPPLE
12-29-2014, 03:34 PM
http://www.magicworkstation.com/

I don't use it myself but from what I understand it's similar to cockatrice with no rules enforcement.

Bed Decks Palyer
12-29-2014, 04:23 PM
http://www.magicworkstation.com/

I don't use it myself but from what I understand it's similar to cockatrice with no rules enforcement.

Sometimes the 0REL is funny. Sometimes it isn't. Everytime I played Cascabalance I nearly went crazy "but the Enlistment Wurm is still on stack while Restore Balance is resolving, remove your creature, please" while being hit by a color music of arrows swinging from goyf to balance to wurm to me to whatever until it all finished with mutual "noob lern rulz idiot banned <System>Palyer Lost"

iamajellydonut
12-29-2014, 05:38 PM
<System>Player Lost"

Literally the most satisfying message in the world.

? ThePregnantMaker: man i dont understand chains
You have been kicked out of the game.

Star|Scream
02-23-2015, 09:52 AM
I'm definitely interested in testing Legacy and Modern over Cockatrice. If I have to play against one more pox or stax deck vs. a random I'm going to die.