PDA

View Full Version : The Great Designer Search

herbig
08-25-2006, 07:09 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/feature/355

No one else posted this so I thougt I'd drop this in here for people who don't read the Wizards site regularly. Its more like a lottery than an actual job application but who wouldn't love to win this thing? I don't have anything going after I graduate in December so I'm definately going to give it a shot. First round entries are due by midnight Sunday/Monday.

Lego
08-26-2006, 02:52 AM
I don't think I'd want to win. Plus, I'd be a sucky designer.

I do like the 250-350 word requirement, but I think they should have made the requirment exactly 268 words or something fun like that. At the very least it would show them who has time on their hands.

on1y0ne
09-07-2006, 05:48 PM
I just finished the exam for phase two, and it is fairly difficult. The answers are not something that can just be searched for and regurgitated, they required quite a bit of thought. Although it was multiple choice, and somtimes there were multiple anwers that seemed correct, there was only one answer to each question. The e-mail from MaRo prior to taking the exam stated that the test will be available to the public at some point in the future. I will say that I enjoyed it immensely, and would feel honored to continue to phase three.

Anusien
09-07-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm in round 2, finishing it up now.

M.Maddox
09-08-2006, 01:51 AM
It's a neat idea - I didn't participate because I don't want to move to Seattle (or work for wizards); but I do give them mad props for the idea and seeing it through (hopefully).

DeathwingZERO
09-08-2006, 04:53 AM
Had this been started before I opened up my new shop, I would have jumped at the chance for it. Working for R&D at Wizards was second to working as an artist for them, and about equal to being a store owner.

I at least got one dream job, though. Good enough for me.

DarkAkuma
09-08-2006, 05:28 AM
While id love a job MTG related like that, i too dont want to move. Ive been comfortable here in vegas for 25 years now, so no reason to leave.

I read over the first set of questions though, and i guess id get stuck on the CoK and Rav block questions, cause frankly, i dont give much of a damn about either.

But i could answer the time travel question about alpha. Easy. Id tell him to keep the alpha/beta print run going longer! =) Maybe tell him not to bother with Time Vault... or drop all the laces, cause they suck to pack...

JZ23
09-10-2006, 01:48 AM
Anyone make it to round 3? Good luck to those that have!

quicksilver
10-10-2006, 01:35 PM
They have the test (http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/feature/365) up that they gave people in the last round. 30 was the cut-off score to make it to next round. I took the public one today and got a 25, of course I didn't try to hard since it didn't count, plus I don't draft so that hurt my knowledge.

Nightmare
10-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Bump so you guys know that T1 player and all-around nice guy Andy Probasco (better known as Brassman) is one of the final three. Good luck Andy!

Citrus-God
10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Bump so you guys know that T1 player and all-around nice guy Andy Probasco (better known as Brassman) is one of the final three. Good luck Andy!
You mean that cocky, arrogant, son of a bitch I stole my playstyle from...

Seriously.... Go Probasco! I hope he wins! We need Great eternal players to win this thing to represent the eternal format. If he wins, theres a chance that something cool would be in the format...

Ebinsugewa
10-25-2006, 08:54 PM
I started taking the test, realized it was hella boring and stopped. I would never move there anyways.

Hoojo
10-26-2006, 11:26 AM

Nice to see a recognizable entry has a chance. Go Brassman!

cdr
10-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Zvi put up odds (http://thezvi.livejournal.com/110134.html). And he should know, having landed an internship himself.