PDA

View Full Version : Cool contest on TML...

Peter_Rotten
09-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Not TRL you fool, TML... The Mana Leak.

Anywho, it seems that our own Bardo has posted on TML a sort of focused CaNGD contest. Go check it out. (http://www.themanadrain.com/index.php?topic=29887.0) The point of the contest is to build a deck that whups on Goblins. It can a total bomb against anything else, but simply needs to whup Goblins little green ass.

edit: I'm tempted to enter EvilRoopey's CanGD II entry - Bunnies. That deck murdered Goblins and wasn't a total design disaster. Shhh! Just don't tell Roopey that I'm stealing his ideas.

Nightmare
09-01-2006, 04:56 PM
I call dibbs on winning this with the best tech ever.

Plus I had submission #1.

iOWN
09-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Not TML you fool, TMD... The Mana Drain.

Fixed. ;)

Bardo
09-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah, we've had a bunch of good submissions so far. If you're interested, just PM me your entry at TMD or here--but don't post is publicly. I kinda messed up there.

We also have a series of these contests planned, just for shits and giggles. :)

Fixed. Mana Leak really doesn't see much play in vintage.

P_R is noting that we voted to change the name of the Legacy Forums at TMD. It's now "The Mana Leak" which is a riff that, power-wise, Legacy is not Vintage, since TMD is a Vintage site. The fact that no one plays Mana Leak doesn't really matter--it's the fact that they're both counters, and one is way more powerful than the other. :)

Phantom
09-05-2006, 09:52 PM
@ Bardo: I never signed up over on TMD was b/c they seem to have a hatred of yahoo mail accounts and I don't have another. Can I PM you the list here? No biggie if you say no. I'll just set up a fake account somewhere (are there any other e-mail sites that THD blocks?)

NoGameShow
09-05-2006, 10:21 PM
I like the create a deck contest on here much better at least here we can see lists.

MattH
09-05-2006, 11:14 PM
The reason we're keeping lists secret is so you're not punished for posting early. If you come up with some insane tech, do you really want everyone posting afterwards ripping you off?

Bardo
09-06-2006, 12:57 AM
@ Bardo: I never signed up over on TMD was b/c they seem to have a hatred of yahoo mail accounts and I don't have another. Can I PM you the list here? No biggie if you say no. I'll just set up a fake account somewhere (are there any other e-mail sites that THD blocks?)

Sure, send me a PM at The Source and it will be added to the TML contest. No biggie.

@ NoGameShow - All of the lists will be made public after deadline for submitting entries passes, which is this Friday. Matt is right, the contest was originally public, but it was quickly discovered that we had a flaw in our contest design, since you could just cheat tech from submitted entries.