PDA

View Full Version : Planar chaos legality

Solpugid
01-14-2007, 12:03 PM
On Feb 3 I'm going to be running a Legacy tournament, and since the Planar Chaos prerelease will have already happened I would love to play with some of the new cards.

My question is, do you think it's fair to the participants to allow Planar Chaos cards, considering not everyone will have had the luxury of attending the prerelease?

Just to note, I will not be attending, but still hope to grab a few commons off of friends who will go.

mmmetaphor
01-14-2007, 12:06 PM
My question is, do you think it's fair to the participants to allow Planar Chaos cards, considering not everyone will have had the luxury of attending the prerelease?

Sounds like you answered your own question.

sammiel
01-14-2007, 12:20 PM
if it's not legal in sanctioned play, you shouldn't allow it at your tournament, even if it's not sanctioned.

Cait_Sith
01-14-2007, 01:09 PM
When it comes to Private Tournaments I normally go with the legality of the cards at the moment (with the exception of tournaments designed to violate said Legality).

Giles
01-14-2007, 03:09 PM
You could allow proxies for PC cards only. If you want to play with PC.

Brushwagg
01-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I would say NO. Not everyone, as you said, will be attending the pre-release or have a chance to see the full list of cards. It wouldn't be fair to those people who don't or haven't seen the new stuff. After they become legal then it's their own fault. Just to save yourself a huge headache I'd play it safe and leave PC on the bench till it's legal.