Start Time: 11am Reg, Noon Start

Entry Fee: $20

Prize: 1st- $250
2nd-$150
3rd-$50
4th-$50

MrBig
02-24-2007, 03:33 AM
This thing is 3 weeks away. I hope we can get another big turn out like we did for the 40 duals tournament.

MrBig
03-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Less than a week away for this event. Hope to see lots of people there.

Tha Gunslinga
03-17-2007, 10:28 AM
ICBM should have a few people there.

LandDestroyer
03-18-2007, 10:51 PM
So, how did this turn out? I didn't go only b/c it wasn't sanctioned. If I'm going to drive to Chicago for an event, I have to have a good reason to tell my girlfriend I'm spending time at an event instead of hanging with her. Top 8ing last weekend in chicago was a good excuse for the ptq. stupid teps in quarters ;)

Tha Gunslinga
03-19-2007, 09:59 AM
ICBM brought 5 people, and took 2nd and 3rd place.

Top 8 was roughly:

1. Owen Turtenwald (Goblins)
2. Tommy Kolowith (ICBM) (The Epic Storm)
3. Benjamin Carp (me, ICBM) (BBW)
4. Manuel (GWS) (Threshold)
5. Ben Shwartz (Goblins)
6. Robert Vroman (Team Ogre) (Loam control)
7. No idea
8. No idea.

I'll see if I can figure out the rest of the top 8. 24 people showed up, and there were 6 Goblins decks. I beat 2 Goblins in the Swiss and another in the top 8, which was fun. Tommy almost pulled it out against Goblins, but he made a very subtle play mistake which was more a "hindsight is 20-20" thing and lost while Owen was at 1 life. Trying to combo someone out through Pyrostatic Pillar is always hard.

B.C.
03-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Top 8 was roughly:

1. Owen Turtenwald (Goblins)
2. Tommy Kolowith (ICBM) (The Epic Storm)
3. Benjamin Carp (me, ICBM) (BBW)
4. Manuel (GWS) (Threshold)
5. Ben Shwartz (Goblins)
6. Robert Vroman (Team Ogre) (Loam control)
7. No idea
8. No idea.

7. Jacob Reihm (Team Ogre) (Terrageddon)
8. Josh Rayden (Goblins)

MrBig
03-19-2007, 05:09 PM
So, how did this turn out? I didn't go only b/c it wasn't sanctioned. If I'm going to drive to Chicago for an event, I have to have a good reason to tell my girlfriend I'm spending time at an event instead of hanging with her. Top 8ing last weekend in chicago was a good excuse for the ptq. stupid teps in quarters ;)

It was sanctioned. That was one piece of information I overlooked to include, I guess mainly because having legacy sanctioned isn't a big deal to anyone I've talked to that have attended Pastimes Legacy events.

LandDestroyer
03-19-2007, 08:08 PM
It was sanctioned. That was one piece of information I overlooked to include, I guess mainly because having legacy sanctioned isn't a big deal to anyone I've talked to that have attended Pastimes Legacy events.

I called Alan and he said it wasn't sanctioned. When the guy running the events says it's not, I decide not to go. :-\ Would have been there either playing fish or my deck that wrecks goblins/solidarity/thresh but loses to combo. oh well.

- Chris

MrBig
03-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I called Alan and he said it wasn't sanctioned. When the guy running the events says it's not, I decide not to go. :-\ Would have been there either playing fish or my deck that wrecks goblins/solidarity/thresh but loses to combo. oh well.

- Chris
Alan doesn't run any of the events. He just owns the store. I am friends with the people he pays to actually run the event and they said it was sanctioned when we were deck registering. The big 40 duals legacy tournament they had 2 months was also sanctioned.