PDA

View Full Version : Canadian players FTW?

C.P.
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I was just wondering how many Canadians(or Canadian residents for that matter) do we have in the source. Would be nice If you can tell me how does legacy look like in your area as well.

I play in Waterloo, Ontario and somtimes drive to GTA if I can find a ride. We get a 20-40 people tourney in Toronto once about two month. Waterloo used to have Weekly legacy that gathered 8 to 16 people, but the store closed down...lol

And I'm about to organise a weekly sanctioned legacy stating May, so PM me if you are interested.

Well, Canadians, write away.

revenge_inc
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I play in Ottawa. The Legacy scene isn't that great. We had 14 people show up for a Mox Ruby tourny a awhile back. :frown:

On the Gatineau/Hull side of the river there are way more Legacy players, but lots of them don't play competitively,they like Legacy as a tournament format because it's the most casual. Sometimes they have Legacy FNM that they pass of as Standard, which I don't go to since I found out what was going on.

The most important thing about this thread is who wants to drive my ass (or any other Canadians) to the upstate NY tournies?

C.P.
04-10-2007, 08:27 PM
The most important thing about this thread is who wants to drive my ass (or any other Canadians) to the upstate NY tournies?

I know couple cars going to the GP (I can't go as I'm Korean Canadian and don't have Canadian passport yet) But they all live in GTA.

How does Metagame look like there?

Soto
04-10-2007, 08:40 PM
The Legacy scene in Montreal is great. Two times every months, on Thursdays, theres a Mini-Tournament at Valet d'Coeur which you don't pay for and prizes are 3-2-1 boosters for the top 3. There are usually 12-18 people there. Most are pretty competetive (in all of mtg not just 1.5). There are other tournies, at Carta Magica for example, but two weeks ago only 8 people should up, but we had a great time. Thing is we haven't had a big tournament in a while, especially one with a big prize (GPT non-included), and I'm waiting for something hot to excite the scene.

Edit: The metagame is 3 (gonna be like 7 after it took top2 at GPT) Belcher-combo, 2-3 B/W Deadguy, 1-2 Thresh, 2-3 Goblins, 1-2 Affinity, 1-2 Slivers (casual not meathooks), and some other random things people here come up with.

C.P.
04-10-2007, 09:09 PM
For record, here are some T8 Result for GTA Legacy tourney.

Most recent ones that had more than 15 people.

401 Time Walk Legacy - Feb 17th, 2007

Turnout: 44

T8:

Goblins
Goblins
UGwThresh
Solidarity
UGbrThresh
Iggy Pop
UWB Landstill
B/W Sui

Top4s went for split. The field was pretty diverse. B/W sui was piloted by me, beating Affinity, Survival, TES, Thresh, and draw with IGGY and Goblins in Swiss.

401 Mox Pearl Legacy - Oct 29th, 2006

Turnout: 20ish

T8:

R/W Goblins with Ravages of War
R/W Goblins
G/W Elves!
Mono Red Goblins
UBW Fish
Suicide Black
Gamekeeper Salvager
Defence of Heart/Kiki/Hussar combo

RW goblins piloted by Phya taking the mox in finals with Elves. I piloted Sui Black but can't remember what I faced.

GamezClub Mox Tournament Legacy - 09/24/06

Turnout: 30(?)

R/W Goblins
Mono R Goblins
Sui Black w/ white
Deadguy Ale
Deadguy Ale
Elves
Solidarity
Solidarity

Mox taken by R/W goblins piloted by Phya. Solidarity and B/W took up the half of the field with only one thresh(ugw). Sui black was piolted by be, beating 2 solidarity and life and something that I cannot remember.

I heard 2 more Legacy events are coming. I'm looking forward to it.

@Kuja

7 belchers does not sound like fun...lol

revenge_inc
04-10-2007, 09:33 PM
How does Metagame look like there?

Are you kidding? Like a quarter or more of the people on the forums are from upstate NY and of the mods/admins/adepts probably at least half of them are from upstate NY.

Upstate NY is the metagame

C.P.
04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Are you kidding? Like a quarter or more of the people on the forums are from upstate NY and of the mods/admins/adepts probably at least half of them are from upstate NY.

I meant ottawa. But oh well.

revenge_inc
04-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I play in Ottawa. The Legacy scene isn't that great. We had 14 people show up for a Mox Ruby tourny a awhile back. :frown:

Oh, I thought I had already answered that.

spiritmonger
07-28-2007, 05:17 PM
I live in hull and i go to monde et merveille store we have fnm and somtime draft we are 8-20 depending on the days.

Oh and the store is on st-joseph.

tivadar
07-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Odd, I'm visiting waterloo currently. Attending a conference at U. Waterloo. Will be there tonight through wednesday :-P.

C.P.
07-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Dunno, I'm going to a mox tourney on Sunday, and after that, I guess I'm free. lol.

Goaswerfraiejen
07-29-2007, 02:40 AM
University metagame: Sackville, N.B. No Legacy. Moncton? Maybe, I dunno...

Home metagame: Sherbrooke, Québec. No Legacy. :(

kilukru
12-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Im gonna resurect this thread :0

Im comming back to Magic and fell in love with Legacy, bad thing is, im stuck in Thetford-Mines, and the only format that's played here is... well who am I kidding NOTHING is played around here, exept some casual games, wich are fun but hey! im a spike at heart!

Anyone know how's the legacy world is in Québec city? It's only about an hours drive from whre I am so I could make it there, if it's whorth it.

Blacktail
12-24-2007, 12:42 AM
I live pretty close to toronto, but unfortunately don't have the time to get there that often.

The local legacy scene is my buddy and I playing cards in our basements, sadly that's about it.

C.P.
12-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Legacy in Kitchener - Waterloo will be coming to life by me.:cool:

I'm planning a Mox tourney in the area sometime February. Hopely I can get many people to it.

goobafish
12-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Toronto/Kingston over here.

nicolasbol
07-11-2008, 09:26 PM
I am from Toronto, I'm looking for players to practice :D !

Di
07-12-2008, 07:08 PM

For the record, the estimates on how much upstate NY are on the upper-half of the site are quite overblown. This was the case when the site first started as the site was founded from Syracuse, NY and a majority of the original people on here are from upstate, now it's quite different. It merely seems upstate occupies a lot more due to it's influence on the site. Between Nightmare, Peter_Rotten, and myself on mod duties, and the fact that there are several teams based upstate that post really infatuate how much of a metagame we have. There are a good deal of adepts from upstate, but that's moreso due to the development in Legacy in the area and as such high level of skill and competition, as it's the main format throughout the state for the most part. That doesn't necessarily negate all of the work of the entire rest of the world though. Afterall, The DTB is based on global results, and upstate NY only has large events once like every 6-7 months.

There's actually quite a few Canadian players on these boards. Probably around half of the amount of people from upstate NY.

nicolasbol
07-13-2008, 12:29 PM
There's actually quite a few Canadian players on these boards. Probably around half of the amount of people from upstate NY.

Would be cool if they contact me, I'm tired to test on Workstation ;) !

Fons
07-18-2008, 09:49 AM
I play in Port Huron which is close to Canada...

Heresy
07-23-2008, 03:08 AM
Playing in Montreal obv.