PDA

View Full Version : Possible Vintage forum on 'The Source'?

Cavius The Great
04-17-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm a fan of Magic in general but mainly Legacy and Vintage. Since Legacy and Vintage are both in the Eternal format, and you get ratings playing both, wouldn't it be nice if we had the occasional fresh breeze of browsing through the Vintage forums on The Source? If anybody else agrees with me please post about it. I'm sure the mods might consider it if enough people post their thoughts and opinions. Whether you agree or disagree, please post your thoughts and let me know what's on your mind. All in all, I really hope the administrators will consider my proposal and agree to start a Vintage forum on The Source. So what do you guys think? Should 'The Source' have Vintage forums? Or should things just stay the same?

Silverdragon
04-17-2007, 12:07 PM
There once was a Standard (Type 2) forum here but it got deleted.
I think a Vintage forum would suffer the same fate because people come to this site to read and talk about Legacy. There already is a great site for Vintage (TMD) so there won't be many people registering here to talk about Vintage only.
This means almost all of the people talking in this new Vintage forum will be Legacyplayers that have to much time and don't know what to with it so the overall quality of the posts might suffer. This of course are just my initial thoughts and I'd be glad to be proven wrong however until then I'll be sceptical.

Cavius The Great
04-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I like this forum alot more than TMD which is why I made the proposal in the first place. No offense to TMD but The Source has it's edge over the other forums. I really think it's something to consider, we have such a great community at the Source and adding Vintage forums to it, wouldn't hurt, in my honest opinion.

Nightmare
04-17-2007, 01:18 PM
We don't plan to branch out into other formats at any point in the forseeable future. If you want intelligent discussion on Vintage, TMD has more than enough to offer, and has much more insight into the format than we could hope for. Generally speaking, most Legacy players are not dedicated Vintage players, and you wouldn't get much out of the forum (much like the old Type 2 forum). While we appreciate the willingness to help improve the Source, this is an issue we have discussed and dismissed as being unneeded.