PDA

View Full Version : Wizards competence

Tao
05-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Introduction of the GP coverage

Wow. Just wow.

It is unclear whether the attendance at Grand Prix Columbus is because of or in spite of the hype surrounding the Hulk Flash deck but what ever the reason 883 players descended on the GP with dual lands in tow.

Like, I didn't want to play the GP but now that I know that the rounds won't last longer than 5 minutes and that we have a matchup coinflip, I''ll play?

That brings the tally for the two GPs this weekend (don't forget to check in on Strausberg while you're at the Tournament Center)

Strasbourg!

to over 2000 players! The format for the event is Legacy - the same format as GP Philadelphia and GP Lille from two seasons ago - and players can build decks with virtually any cards from every non-sliver bordered set ever printed.

SILVER-boardered.

That means players are allowed to play with Underground Sea from Alpha and Old Man of the Sea from Arabian Nights and relatively obscure cards like Imperial Seal and Imperial Recruiter from Portal Three Kingdoms are legal for play. About the only cards not available for play are Future Sight - which becomes street legal on Sunday - and the ones on the banned list for the format.

Imperial Seal, huh? Good example.

Despite the Lovecraftian deep pool of playable cards and the recent unerrata to the seemingly innocuous Flash a field of 900 players can only mean one thing. Goblins are coming!!! Legacy is a tremendously popular casual format because relatively inexpensive decks like Goblins, Threshold, and White Weenie have all been successful in the format.

So we are a Casual format with players unwilling to invest money? You forgot all the baby-killing and satan-worshipping.

We got it, WIZARDS HATES LEGACY.

To top it off Craig Jones appears to be the lone European to opt out of Strasberg and is here this weekend playing and blogging!

STRASBOURG!!!! arglasdfrd

Peter_Rotten
05-19-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm sick and tired of WotC hating us.

I'm also sick and tired of typos.

Lastly, I'm sick and tired of this thread.

Let's do something more productive than bitch and gripe.