PDA

View Full Version : Should they or will they Ban Flash?

Raider Bob
05-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Reasons they should Ban Flash
1: It is a 2 mana I win Combo
2: It was in three decks in the top 8 at the GP
3: It will only get better as time gos on

Reasons They should not Ban Flash
1: It is disruptable
2: It can stall
3: It is just a different form of combo deck.

In the grand Prix top 8

7 Players said it should not be banned and one player the one who won said it should be banned. Where do you fall on the question? We have a week before we find out, and barring the fact that this is Legacy and Wizards could care less on what happens, you make the call and say if its in or out.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
05-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Actually, only 3 people said it shouldn't be banned. Four were ambiguous or deferred to Future Sight (and Gadiel just didn't care).

The arguments against banning it are consistently terrible and nonsensical, so yeah, ban away.

troopatroop
05-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Flash is pretty OP. Bans IMO.

clavio
05-27-2007, 12:02 AM

1. Is there any card ever that's not in some way disruptable?

2. When it stalls it just gets back up again. It's not like contract tendrils that gets totally boned when it fails whilst going off.

3. So is academy

Nihil Credo
05-27-2007, 12:03 AM
*yawns*

Been the subject of hundreds of threads already. This is probably the wrong forum, as well.

I humbly request for a lock.

troopatroop
05-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah locks... are OP

NERF FEAR!!! NOOBCOIL!!

revenge_inc
05-27-2007, 12:38 AM
wtf? another of these? 'Twill be locked.

dre4m
05-27-2007, 01:04 AM
I have a dream, that all players and critics of legacy can recognise a degenerate combo deck when they see one, and when they are denying it and debating it, can do it in a single thread.

DeathwingZERO
05-27-2007, 01:29 AM
I have a dream, that all players and critics of legacy can recognise a degenerate combo deck when they see one, and when they are denying it and debating it, can do it in a single thread.

Truly a dream. But a damn good one. Yes it should get the axe, no we have no clue what DCI will say, and there will be a week before we know for sure. So all the bases are covered, I guess. Lock away :D

Cabal_chan
05-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Reasons They should not Ban Flash

1) Disruptable if you back more counters, discard, and hate cards than they can deal with.

2) Any combo deck can stall. Forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but my understanding is that the other combo decks are largely comprised of tutors and acceleration, or something to that effect. If Flash stalls, it bounces back better than the other combo decks.

3) Different in that it's combo that packs a decent amount of protection.

And somewhat off topic: Props to everyone defending reason and sanity on SCG.