PDA

View Full Version : The EPIC DLD and MORE!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

bigbear102
06-13-2007, 06:55 AM
The EPIC Dual Land Draft and MORE!!!

Who: EPIC, and everybody else too.

What: A DLD bigger than any before. Entry fee is $30. This is to compensate for additional prizes. As you will see, the top 16 players will walk out with their entry fee back. This event WILL BE SANCTIONED. We will have a Level 2 judge running the event, you don't get much better than that without being Wizards sponsored.

Where: Baldwinsville, NY. Veterans Of Foreign Wars Post 153 Salina Wood, Baldwinsville, NY 13027. For those of you who have been, it is about 5 minutes from The Red Mill Inn.

When: 11 am, October 7, 2007. This is a Sunday, but also a 3 day weekend thanks to Mr. Columbus. Travel should be easy due to the long weekend, and I think everybody has enough notice, no excuses not to be here.

Why: Because we wanna have a kickass tourney.

Prize support, bigger and better!!! Duals will be GUARANTEED, ON HAND, AND IN GOOD SHAPE. I heard someone a while ago complain because they picked Seas, and then were bummed because they were in crappy shape. I can't guarantee mint condition, but they won't be beat.

Obviously since this is a DLD, there will be the standard 40 dual lands up for grabs. There will also be 10 more prizes offered. Because of the added prizes, they will go all the way to top 16. That's right, TOP 16 PRIZES!!! No draft sets here either, real prizes!

Here's the way it'll go down, After X rounds of swiss, top 8 will be announced, along with 9-16. Top 8 will have a playoff for their picks, 9-16 will be based upon standings because playing a top 16 takes too friggin long. Here's the way the prizes will go.

1st place-1st pick and 9th pick
2nd place- 2nd pick and 10th pick
3rd place-3rd pick and 11th pick
4th place- 4th pick and 12th pick
5th place- 5th pick
6th place- 6th pick
7th place- 7th pick
8th place- 8th pick
9-16 get picks 13-20 in order by standings.

This means that there will be a normal dual land draft, plus 10 more picks given out.

Here are some of our ideas for the extra prizes, these aren't set in stone, but this is what the prizes will resemble.

Extra Prizes WILL include:
4x Wasteland
4x Polluted Delta
4x Flooded Strand
4x Beta Bolt
4x Survival of the Fittest
4x ???
4x ???
4x ???
4x ???
4x ???

???= a yet to be determined playset of cards valued somewhere between a set of Wastelands and a set of Polluted Deltas

The top 16 should get their money back with these prizes, and anybody has a shot at top 16, so you don't have to be a top player to walk out with a good prize.

The duals are guaranteed to be given out, top 16 prizes will be given out at 50 people, which is cake considering to be a major legacy event we need to have 50.

At 60 people we will be adding in a playset of Force of Will!

At 70 people we will add another 4 Blue Dual Lands!

There will also be random door prizes given out regardless of attendance.

We want this to be the biggest non-GP/convention Legacy tournament ever. The more people that show up, the better the prizes get.

Pizza will be available.

For the more mature crowd, err... well, our over 21 crowd, there is a bar on site that the VFW runs. If drinking gets out of hand, you will be asked to leave without a refund.

Ok, so here's the closest hotel to this biatch, reasonably priced also. http://www.microtelinn.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=1036&in_month=&in_day=&out_month=&out_day=&guests=1&iata=&rate_access_code=&i=
Saving money is completely assuming that you stuff as many people possible into the room, which just makes sense to me.

This things gonna be EPIC!!!!
More details to come!!!

TheInfamousBearAssassin
06-13-2007, 07:20 AM
My inclination is to make it all mana. Something like

5x Fetchlands
4x Mox Diamond
4x Chrome Mox
4x Wasteland
4x City of Brass
4x Gemstone Mine

The last four seem a little weak. Maybe Foily/DCI versions? Foily Chrome Mox/Wastelands are worth a bit more than a Bayou, but foily CoBs and Mines are still worth less.

Nightmare
06-13-2007, 09:57 AM
For the most part, we're not concentrating on land, but rather format staple type stuff. Chrome Mox might be worth throwing into the mix, but Mox Diamond? We want people to be able to use their prizes, or at least sell them.

revenge_inc
06-13-2007, 11:02 AM
If you are looking for things that may (probably will) get picked before the dual lands then Sea Drakes would be sweet, Sinkholes as well. For lower end or roughly equal picks I would suggest:

x4 Force of Will
x4 Pithing Needles
x4 Wasteland
x4 Rishadan Ports (not sure about his one)
x4 Dark Confidant (lower end but it fits into so many decks)
and of course
(x4 Felchland)x5

I'm not a fan of beta/foil stuff. I think that people will go for staples before wanting "Pimp". Just my suggestion.

AnwarA101
06-13-2007, 11:12 AM
I know many people who want to pick up Fetchlands. Its a card that is always in demand. I was thinking there should be a tournament out there that has like Duals and Fetchs as its prize. Why don't you guys do that? Just have 40 Duals and 40 Fetchs (two sets) and let the Top8 pick from either set. Then 9-16 will pick up what is left. There might even be less desired Duals that are left for people who make T16.

Nightmare
06-13-2007, 11:32 AM
We're planning to have plenty of prizes on hand to cater to the needs of the attendees. We don't plan to give more than 1 set of duals and fetches, but the rest is pretty open. Originally, our intent was to give out 1 set of duals, 1 set of Fetches, and a set of X to the top 16, but we figured giving out 20 prizes was better. Expect a pretty broad range of options, even if you come in 16th. I don't believe the last prize will be a "you're stuck with it" prize, there will still be options for that place.

2 sets of fetches would take the whole prize pool, we'd rather it be a little more expansive.

NANTUKO_SHADY
06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
This tournament sounds Kick-Ass. Count me in!

clavio
06-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Is this sanctioned?

Machinus
06-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Mox Diamond pwns your face!!!

This is too freaking far for me. I expect nova not to play shitty decks at this tournament.

cdr
06-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Just for the record, Oswego is not really "close to Rochester and Syracuse". Syracuse is closer to Rochester than Oswego is, at least in terms of driving time.

Zach Tartell
06-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Just use 104 instead of the thruway. It goes alot quicker.

Bryant Cook
06-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Will there be Grozoth!?!

cdr
06-13-2007, 12:28 PM
I was referring to 104. 104 is no thruway - you have to go a lot slower.

I don't think it would make as much sense to take the thruway to Oswego, but I can make better time taking the thruway/81 to Watertown than 104.

Bryant Cook
06-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Would anyone be interested in a 10$ side event for a playset of Beta Sinkholes?

noobslayer
06-13-2007, 02:53 PM
If I am available, I'll need a ride from other Rochester players. Not having a car FTL.

on1y0ne
06-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Is this sanctioned?

Yes

AnwarA101
06-13-2007, 03:06 PM
I expect nova not to play shitty decks at this tournament.

No promises. You won't be there to sign my registration slip.

Di
06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
I was referring to 104. 104 is no thruway - you have to go a lot slower.

I don't think it would make as much sense to take the thruway to Oswego, but I can make better time taking the thruway/81 to Watertown than 104.

Does this mean that Rochester wouldn't be interested on principle that Oswego is farther than Syracuse?

Will there be Grozoth!?!

THERE WILL BE GROZOTH MARATHON.

Zach Tartell
06-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I will also offer a grozoth to everyone who does not top 16. For serious. Anyone interested in that?

Lego
06-13-2007, 04:45 PM
I will also offer a grozoth to everyone who does not top 16. For serious. Anyone interested in that?

I'm in if you promise to sign it!

Zach Tartell
06-13-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm in if you promise to sign it!

I do hereby swear to have a grozoth ready for each person who does not top 16. And I'll pony up a playset of foil (if possible to find them, S-Chinese foil) grozoths for the man on the bubble (17th). I odn't know where to get the shiny silver markers, though.

This'll actually be tough. I promised Wastedlife nine grozoths everytime he beats me in sanctioned play, as well as a grozoth for each match he wins. I currently owe him twelve.

Anyone want to sell me your grozoths? A quarter a piece, plus shipping. PM me.

bigbear102
06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
I have made it to Rochester in under an hour from Oswego on several occasions. It may not be closer than Syracuse, but it isn't any farther. If you obey the speed limit, then yes, it takes longer, but who obeys speed limits???

And you also would take 104-81 to get to Watertown, taking 104 when there is a highway less than 10 miles out of your way just makes no sense.

I just want to clarify here, the extra prizes aren't going to be worth more than the dual lands, theoretically, the top 8 should get most of the duals, with 2nd picks of 3rd and 4th and 9-16 getting the non-duals. The extra prizes are really for the top 16, not necessarily to replace the duals. This isn't to say that if somebody really wants wastelands that they can't first pick them, I just wouldn't recommend it.

NANTUKO_SHADY
06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Does this mean that Rochester wouldn't be interested on principle that Oswego is farther than Syracuse?

Not at all.

bigbear102
06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Jack, will you be able to go to this, or will you be gone by then?

TheInfamousBearAssassin
06-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Fetchlands and Wasteland seem like definites to me. Other goodies would be Pithing Needles, Damnations, Wrath of Gods, Vindicates, Pernicious Deeds, Force of Wills, Cunning Wishes, Burning Wishes, Living Wishes, Lion's Eye Diamond, Jitte, SoFI, Survival of the Fittest, Birds of Paradise, Lackeys, Piledrivers, Exalted Angels, Sinkhole...

I'll be gone by then, but I'll also be finished with basic training by then. So we'll see if I actually have a weekend of free time.

URABAHN
06-13-2007, 06:48 PM
This is where Jack receives all of his training (http://asiansinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24544).

Deep6er
06-15-2007, 06:49 AM
This is where Jack receives all of his training (http://asiansinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24544).

You suck. I fucking hate you. I don't even know why the fuck I thought clicking on a link that you posted might be a good idea. Goddammit. Jerk.

dre4m
06-15-2007, 07:22 AM
This looks like a badass tourney, and I'll be in if someone wants to give me a ride from Detroit. Also, 4 Force of Will and 8 Blue fetches should be included in the top sixteen prize package, and the bottom sixteen should all get a Flash or Protean Hulk.

Zach Tartell
06-15-2007, 10:18 AM
This looks like a badass tourney, and I'll be in if someone wants to give me a ride from Detroit. Also, 4 Force of Will and 8 Blue fetches should be included in the top sixteen prize package, and the bottom sixteen should all get a Flash or Protean Hulk.

@ hulk and flash: GAY. My finger stuck on shift for that, and I'm not goign to change it. Don't drag up bad memories. Also, flash and hulk have retained some resale value for the vintage market.

As for the Force of Wills, I'm not sure how we feel about them. I can speak for myself at least (matt and I are hosting this) when I say that when we were thinking about the top 16 prizes, we were thinking (bear with this difficult underlineing job) < the price of non blue duals. People might pick FOW's over even trops, dude. Magi run like 50 or a tad more for a set, so we figure they're in. Blue fetches run like 45-40, so they're in. But when we start throwing in prizes that people will definetly pick above non-blue duals, and perhaps even above trops or volcs, that seems kind of weird.

We were thinking stuff that you could either use, surely, or sell right at the tournament. Stuff like chrome moxen, wastelands, foreign/beta/alpha Swords and bolts, maybe some other staples. Blue fetches are almost gauranteed. I have a set of Japanese Meddlign Magi I'm thinking about putting up. But stuff that seems a better pick than a set of duals seems questionable. I'm not the final say on this, so matt'll have to chime in too. Those are just my two cents.

bigbear102
06-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Ok, I still have to nail down the exact location in Oswego, there are two sites i'm looking at now. Because I don't have the exact details yet I can't figure out our costs too closely.

Once we figure out all of our organizational costs, we will figure out what exactly we can do for prizes. Our intentions are to have a DLD, with additional prizes to top 16, so we don't want prizes worth more than duals. If we can swing it, Forces aren't completely out of the question, but we would need a pretty good turnout to throw in a set of Forces.

AnwarA101
06-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Ok, I still have to nail down the exact location in Oswego, there are two sites i'm looking at now. Because I don't have the exact details yet I can't figure out our costs too closely.

Once we figure out all of our organizational costs, we will figure out what exactly we can do for prizes. Our intentions are to have a DLD, with additional prizes to top 16, so we don't want prizes worth more than duals. If we can swing it, Forces aren't completely out of the question, but we would need a pretty good turnout to throw in a set of Forces.

Why don't you guys make a sliding structure for prize support? If you get like more than 70 people bump up the prizes. And tell us what will happen if there is more than 70 people in advance. Like throw in Forces, Fetchs, etc. If you get 80 people do something more. I think its something similar to what IamFishman did for TMLs and those always seem to be pretty succesful.

bigbear102
06-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Ok, so when I figure out the expenses, we will finalize what the prizes will be. On average most Legacy events worth traveling for bring in 50-60 people in the NE, so that's what I'm banking on for the Duals and the prizes we already are thinking about. If we get more than that I'll gladly fork out better prizes, as I have a set of Forces that I just played for the first time in about 2 years in a sanctioned event (going 3-0 with no losses, props to me!). They can be prizes if we get enough people, obviously I don't wanna lose money on this though.

Most big tourneys cost 25 bucks, this costs 30. The extra 10 prizes are gonna be about a minimum of 30 dollars each, up to about 60. If you figure 300 dollars in extra prizes on the low end, then if we get 50 people, the prizes are costing us money. Obviously if we get more people, the more money we are bringing in. As Zach and I are running this tournament, and we are both in college, we can't really afford to lose much on this deal, although we're not really looking to make money either. Basically as long as all of our costs are covered, we will give out more kickass prizes.

I should have the venue situation wrapped up after this weekend, and know more appropriately what our costs will be. After that we can sit down and do some math as to what the prizes will be. And who knows, there is another B&R change coming before this tourney, Forces might not even be worth much be then.... lol.

revenge_inc
06-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Whats the big deal with the Forces? Just throw them in the prize structure and if people want to pick them over Duals why not let them?

bigbear102
06-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Most big tourneys cost 25 bucks, this costs 30. The extra 10 prizes are gonna be about a minimum of 30 dollars each, up to about 60. If you figure 300 dollars in extra prizes on the low end, then if we get 50 people, the prizes are costing us money. Obviously if we get more people, the more money we are bringing in. As Zach and I are running this tournament, and we are both in college, we can't really afford to lose much on this deal, although we're not really looking to make money either. Basically as long as all of our costs are covered, we will give out more kickass prizes.

If anybody is willing to sell a set of Forces for forty dollars, then I will be willing to put them up as prizes. The point is cards that cost more than dual lands are not within our budget. Yes, if we get enough people Forces may be an option, but I will not post them as a standard prize. They will probably be an "if we get x number of people" prize.

If anybody wants to suggest prizes, suggest things that are between 30 and 50 dollars.

Getsickanddie
06-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Holy shit people. This is pretty awesome prize support coming from a couple of college kids, and all people are doing is complaining. Fuck, I'll give the top 16 handjobs. Will that make everyone happy?

Anyway, I'll be there handing out asian booster packs to anyone that beats an Epic member.

Ewokslayer
06-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Holy shit people. This is pretty awesome prize support coming from a couple of college kids, and all people are doing is complaining. Fuck, I'll give the top 16 handjobs. Will that make everyone happy?

Anyway, I'll be there handing out asian booster packs to anyone that beats an Epic member.

Are the handjobs guaranteed?
Or is that based on the number of the people?
If I make Top 8 do I get a blow job?

Getsickanddie
06-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Are the handjobs guaranteed?

Yes.

If I make Top 8 do I get a blow job?

Only if you win the whole thing.

Zach Tartell
06-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Shit, I'll go all the way (assumign that my doughy phisique doesn't inhibit you) if you take down another one. Or, would have. I'm not going to argue semantics.

revenge_inc, if you feel like tossing in a set of forces at like sixty bucks, I'll take you up on your offer. Otherwiese, we're looking to make at least money back. Both of us are kind of worryign about bills and such. Freaking come out, and based upon the attdence we'll toss in incresingly awesome prises. Don't quibble, or oyu won't get a grozoth.

revenge_inc
06-17-2007, 03:02 PM
revenge_inc, if you feel like tossing in a set of forces at like sixty bucks, I'll take you up on your offer. Otherwiese, we're looking to make at least money back. Both of us are kind of worryign about bills and such. Freaking come out, and based upon the attdence we'll toss in incresingly awesome prises. Don't quibble, or oyu won't get a grozoth.

Ya, it was just a suggestion, I had no idea what your budget #'s were...just throwing out ideas. And unfortunately I don't have a set of Forces to sell for 60 bucks.

Shriekmaw
06-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I would really like to see that since this is an EPIC DLD, that a bounty of some sort be place on some of the members of team EPIC if they are beat. I believe this would add a lot of excitement and would encourage more people to make it to this tournament.

I know that I'll definitely be there for this tourney. I hope that my other team members can do the same. Keep up the good job and hope to see all the regular Legacy players there.

bigbear102
06-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Zach and I are the ones organizing this, so we are talking about having some sort of bounty. Again, with expenses up in the air the details aren't available yet. I'm not sure about every member on EPIC, but if Zach and I play, then we will have a bounty.

Getsickanddie
06-21-2007, 11:03 PM
I would really like to see that since this is an EPIC DLD, that a bounty of some sort be place on some of the members of team EPIC if they are beat. I believe this would add a lot of excitement and would encourage more people to make it to this tournament.

I love quoting myself. I am doing this out of the kindness of my heart, and have nothing to do with organizing the event.

bigbear102
06-21-2007, 11:08 PM
See, EPIC is just a bunch of kind-hearted people.... and we feel bad cuz u guys are gonna pay us to win our own duals...

So, to clear things up, when you beat an EPIC member, you get an asian booster pack. When you beat Zach or I you will get something better, again, not sure what yet.

Zach Tartell
06-22-2007, 06:41 PM
I will have probably two playsets of Meddling Magi with me for the event. Beat me, and I'll give you one. Unless people have other ideas. Or if I decide that I'm too poor to ante up some magi. I think that it'd be unfair for Matt and I to compete for prizes and not bounty ourselves. Mabye I'll give you a wasteland? Foil playset of Grozoth? And, I swear to whatever you find sacred, reveng_inc, if you beat me I and I'm playing enchantress I'll give you two force of wills.

revenge_inc
06-30-2007, 03:34 PM
I will have probably two playsets of Meddling Magi with me for the event. Beat me, and I'll give you one. Unless people have other ideas. Or if I decide that I'm too poor to ante up some magi. I think that it'd be unfair for Matt and I to compete for prizes and not bounty ourselves. Mabye I'll give you a wasteland? Foil playset of Grozoth? And, I swear to whatever you find sacred, reveng_inc, if you beat me I and I'm playing enchantress I'll give you two force of wills.

Sweet, Now I really have to go to this. :eek:

If I can get a ride I'll go because I doubt I can take the greyhound to Oswego. I'll try my best to be there though. Don't want to be a whiner + people have said it before, Syracuse and Rochester are quicker to get to for people 3+ hours away. That is a really sweet offer though.

Cait_Sith
06-30-2007, 03:41 PM
As soon as I figure out how the hell I'll get there I am in. Does anyone live near Fredonia?

troopatroop
07-03-2007, 05:14 PM
This sounds sweet imo.

Shriekmaw
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Where: Oswego, NY. Exact location to be announced soon. Oswego is close to both Rochester and Syracuse. We should have plenty of places for people to crash also.

I was just wondering why did you guys decide on the location to be in Oswego? I know that since you go to school there and its probably easier for you to organize something that is close, but it just seems to be a little strange of a location for a major legacy tournament in the area.

I'll definitely be there with most of my team if they actually decided to show up and play for once.

bigbear102
07-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok.... I think we may have the last of the details nailed down, I can't say anything yet because I have to check with everyone involved.

After everything is discussed I will update the main post with the new information, hopefully later tonight. A list of prizes what will be included will be up, probably not a complete list, but the confirmed prizes, and extras and how many people we will need for them to be added.

There will also be some extra saucy hotness thrown in for good measure.

FIRST POST UPDATED!!!!!!

Nightmare
07-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Location now set. Mark your calendars people!

bigbear102
07-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Well, I know this will interest a few people.... this is being held at the VFW, and there is a bar at the VFW. I talked to them today and anyone that is 21 is welcome to go to the bar during the event. Not that you guys are drunks or anything, but I thought that you guys might like that.

Also, we will have pizza available. Not sure on the prices yet.

So, to recap: alcohol will be available.

Getsickanddie
07-18-2007, 12:14 AM
I talked to them today and anyone that is 21 is welcome to go to the bar during the event.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa What?

That is fucking awesome.

Nightmare
07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
If I wasn't already going to this, I would be now. First round is on me!

Lego
07-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, I know this will interest a few people.... this is being held at the VFW, and there is a bar at the VFW. I talked to them today and anyone that is 21 is welcome to go to the bar during the event. Not that you guys are drunks or anything, but I thought that you guys might like that.

Also, we will have pizza and soda available. Not sure on the prices yet, but due to the way the VFW handles things, the soda is all-you-can-drink, for a small fee.

So, to recap: alcohol will be available as will unlimited quantities of soda.

I vote for a no-drinks-at-the-Magic-tables rule.

Nightmare
07-18-2007, 11:57 AM
I vote for a no-drinks-at-the-Magic-tables rule.This is always a rule. I'm sure they wouldn't let the drinks leave the bar anyway.

zulander
07-18-2007, 12:34 PM
So who else from nova's going to this? Hopefully I can get deguia to come in which case I can fit 1-2 more people in my car not named Calosso.

URABAHN
07-18-2007, 05:17 PM
So who else from nova's going to this? Hopefully I can get deguia to come in which case I can fit 1-2 more people in my car not named Calosso.

It's in October and that's a very long time for the NoVA peeps to even begin thinking about a tournament. With that being said, I plan on going.

ReAnimated
07-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I'll go talk to me at the frog about stuff. :smile:

aTn
07-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Holy sh*t !!!!!

This looks like a great event (and only about 5 hours from Montreal) !

I'll try to get some people from Montreal to come (including me and maybe Ugo Rivard, of Vintage fame).

P.S.: Does anyone know what are the floor rules concerning bathroom breaks during a match ? Drinks and a Legacy tournament, that'll bring players to the event.

bigbear102
07-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Ok, updates on the prizes: I know this is a bit iffy, seeing as no non-sponsored legacy tournament has done so, but if we get to 70 people, there will be an extra set of blue duals up for grabs.

That's right, at 70 people the prize pool will look like this:

4x Force of Will
4x Underground Sea
4x Tundra
4x Tropical Island
4x Volcanic Island
4x BLUE DUALS (probably volcs cuz i have 7 already...)
4x Taiga
4x Bayou
4x Badlands
4x Scrubland
4x Plateau
4x Savannah
4x Polluted Delta
4x Survival of the Fittest
4x BB Lightning Bolt
4x Wasteland
4x ???
4x ???
4x ???
4x ???
4x ???
4x ???

???= a yet to be determined playset of cards valued somewhere between a set of Wastelands and a set of Polluted Deltas

That means that 6th place could be picking up BLUE DUALS!

Come on people, especially out-of-towners, start making those plans, cuz this is gonna be awesome!

Jander78
07-18-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm planning on going.

bigbear102
07-18-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm planning on going.

Yes! We even get our own celebrity!!!

Osse
07-21-2007, 12:12 PM
When: 11 am, October 7, 2007. This is a Sunday, but also a 3 day weekend thanks to Mr. Columbus.

Mind explaining that? I might have missed it in the thread, if so sorry. I may be making the trip down to this with some other friends. Hrmph. Great Prize Support.

Di
07-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Mind explaining that? I might have missed it in the thread, if so sorry. I may be making the trip down to this with some other friends. Hrmph. Great Prize Support.

What, exactly, needs explanation here? It's all rather simple.

Time: 11 a.m.
Date: October 7th, 2007.
*Note*: This is on a Sunday, not a Saturday as normal, which could throw some people off. However, Monday, October 8th, is Columbus day (a holiday), and traveling + other traditional daily activities are put off in favor of the holiday. If you didn't know, in 1492, Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue. He also fought a dragon or two, but history loses itself in the archives during this time period as the "Great leper rampage" occured and many documents were lost. But of what we do know, was that he was given his own holiday because he sailed to the western lands and successfully created a good name for himself as an explorer, allthewhile torturing and maiming his slaves. He enjoyed torturing and killing people so much, that he eventually changed his profession from explorer to executioner and dominatrix extraordinaire. Then he dies, valiantly, fighting a 12-headed hydra while fisting a slave. Multi-tasking was not Mr. Columbus's fort&#233;, and he chose to fist the slave instead of fighting the hydra. Fast-forward about 50 years later. His will is discovered, and in it, lo' and behold, cites that the future United States must dedicate a Monday in his name to be a holiday, so that future Magic players have the freedom to travel to large events on a Sunday without the fear of getting fired for being late to work Monday morning.

I think that should clear some stuff up. We look forward to seeing you attend, assuming you aren't too offended by what I just said.

FakeSpam
07-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Dude. When you told me today that you were doing a tournament, I was like "meh." But you never said there was going to be a bar. With war vets. Friggin' sweet.

bigbear102
07-22-2007, 01:15 AM
FYI: Columbus day was supposed to be on October 12th (my birthday) every year. It was not originally supposed to be on a Monday, but due to capitalism and judeo-christian domination of the western world, Saturday and Sunday are already our days of rest, so getting a holiday (the 12th) on a weekend would suck ass, and as for capitalism, getting workers to work is harder when you throw them a random wednesday or thursday off in the middle of the week.

On another note, alcohol and war vets do rock.

OffTheWall
08-01-2007, 08:17 PM
How many people are you guys expecting to get? It doesn't look to much further than Syracuse, so I am working on making plans to come out.

Bane of the Living
08-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Necro will show. Ill try to get the whole horde together so thats a good 10 people right there.

You guys are fuckin awesome for having this, especially at a bar.

The prize for taking down an EPIC should be a drink!!

For other prizes Ive been dying to see some rare P3k stuff such as Rolling Earthquake, Ravages of War, Imerial Recruiter. I know some of that shit is too pricey as a playset but you can stick them in the prize pool as singles.

FNM Ringleaders should be readily available by then.

ForceofWill
08-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Well I figure I should play this so I can shut up wastedlife once and for all..

SillyMetalGAT
08-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Wont happen. He'll keep talking :tongue:

Getsickanddie
08-04-2007, 01:34 PM
The prize for taking down an EPIC should be a drink!!

I was thinking about doing that, but I'm not sure what percentage of the tournament is going to be over 21.

Bryant Cook
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM

I love your maturity, really. Reminds me of that which is a radley.

Whit3 Ghost
08-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Steel Cage deathmatch side event methinks?

Actually, that brings up an interesting idea. What about a random grudge match side event or something. I have no idea how it would be run, but it seems like a pretty interesting idea.

bigbear102
08-06-2007, 04:16 PM
What are you thinking about for the grudge match, like individuals calling eachother out, or what? Give me some more ideas....

If everyone who has said they will come actually comes, we will have an amazing turnout.

If the out-of-towners want to post how many people they will be bringing that would be cool.

The prize support gets insane at 65 people, so hopefully we get that many, and by early estimates we just might get there.

The tournament will also NOT be endorsing any drinking of alcohol. Yes, it is available, but we don't want any problems, and drinking is historically linked to problems, so anyone that gets out of hand will be asked to leave, so remember that.

On the other hand, we want everyone to have a blast, so just have fun.

Bane of the Living
08-06-2007, 05:30 PM
On the other hand, we want everyone to get blasted, so just have fun.

emidln
08-06-2007, 08:11 PM
So, like, anyone got room for me to crash?

powergamer1003
08-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Ok NoVA, who going to this?

bigbear102
08-12-2007, 09:37 AM
So, who wants a 2 round bye to this puppy?

All you gotta do is show up to Comixzone on Saturday October 6th for their normal Legacy Tournament. Whoever wins, well they are gonna get a 2 round bye to the EPIC DLD the next day. This is in addition to the regular prize which is store credit. We are kind of hoping for some out-of-towners to show up for this, that's why it's the night before and not the week before, so take advantage of a $5 chance at a 2 round bye.

Comix Zone
628 South Main Street
North Syracuse, NY 13212
(in Maines Plaza)

The tournament begins at 5:00, so be there a bit early.

Mulletus
08-13-2007, 10:54 AM
This event I am actually making plans on attending.

I do have questions...
~ No matter what the attendance, will top4 be the only ones getting two picks?
~ Or at the 75 person mark does top8 get two? (say the 4 after 9-16)
~ Will 9-16 be based on standings after swiss or final results?
~ Should second place at CZ get 1 bye?

On a side note, Chief will have been out of prison for a month at this point. I plan on having him prepped and ready for at least a top 16 finish.... if not a top 8 with me. I just want to remind peoiple not make any sudden movements around him, lol... 3 years in Attica tends to change an already psychotic guy.

bigbear102
08-13-2007, 05:56 PM
You have some interesting ideas. We are currently discussing the prizes if we get lots of people at this. We are considering power additions and the like, but I do like the idea of more picks to the top 8. I'll update the prize structure in the next few days once we get everything worked out.

As for 9-16, that will be decided by standing after X rounds of swiss, just like 5-8, and 3-4 are decided.

Hotel info added to the first page!!! I only included one hotel, as it is the cheapest one in the area, and less than 10 minutes from the tournament site. If anybody is going to the Saturday night qualifier tournament from that hotel feel free to MapQuest it, or get in touch with me and we can carpool/caravan there.

Ewokslayer
08-26-2007, 09:37 AM
So, who wants a 2 round bye to this puppy?

All you gotta do is show up to Comixzone on Saturday October 6th for their normal Legacy Tournament. Whoever wins, well they are gonna get a 2 round bye to the EPIC DLD the next day. This is in addition to the regular prize which is store credit. We are kind of hoping for some out-of-towners to show up for this, that's why it's the night before and not the week before, so take advantage of a $5 chance at a 2 round bye.

Comix Zone
628 South Main Street
North Syracuse, NY 13212
(in Maines Plaza)

The tournament begins at 5:00, so be there a bit early.

Considering the size of most of these dual land tournaments, isn't giving a two round bye to a 6 round event a bit excessive?

Di
08-26-2007, 04:03 PM
/agreed. That makes it even easier than day2'ing a GP. Two-round bye + win the next two rounds = auto top8. A one-round bye seems a bit better for the sake of the tournament.

bigbear102
08-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Well it's gonna be a seven round event because we are gonna get that many people, so it won't matter.

Ewokslayer
08-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Well it's gonna be a seven round event because we are gonna get that many people, so it won't matter.

Have any of these tournaments every had an attendance of greater than 64 people?

TeenieBopper
08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
/agreed. That makes it even easier than day2'ing a GP. Two-round bye + win the next two rounds = auto top8. A one-round bye seems a bit better for the sake of the tournament.

As someone who didn't make day 2 of a GP, this is harder than it sounds.

bigbear102
08-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Bastard, steal my byes and then win 2 rounds out of 5.... I had a better record than you and YOU HAD 3 BYES!!!!

TeenieBopper
08-29-2007, 04:02 AM
Dude, I beat MWC. With goblins. I won game one with humility in play after you hardcast renewed faith three goddamn times. Not to mention all the freaking Silver Knights I had to deal with all day. Are you honestly trying to tell me I didn't deserve those three byes?

Ewokslayer
08-29-2007, 08:43 AM
But then you went and lost to Caller of the Claw.

DURESSyou92
08-29-2007, 10:22 AM
what do you guys think the field is gonna be like?

Nightmare
08-29-2007, 10:50 AM
what do you guys think the field is gonna be like?Lots and lots of Combo, lots and lots of Landstill. A fair amount of Thresh. Zero to a few Goblins.

Nightmare
08-29-2007, 11:38 AM
It's actually very easy.
Who told you you could talk?

TeenieBopper
08-29-2007, 12:10 PM

In my defense, Caller of the Claw isn't an instant.

Ewokslayer
08-29-2007, 12:16 PM
In my defense, Caller of the Claw isn't an instant.

How is that a defense?

It isn't a Rebel either.

But it does have Flash.

zulander
08-29-2007, 12:21 PM
At least he made it far enough to lose to Caller of the Claw.

:(

Ewokslayer
08-29-2007, 12:23 PM
At least he made it far enough to lose to Caller of the Claw.

:(

I have made it to the 4th round of a GP also.

Twice.

I am awesome.

TeenieBopper
08-29-2007, 01:43 PM
How is that a defense?

Because when I shot his Priest of Titania with my Sharpshooter and he tapped it for mana in response, I said out loud, "they actually make green instants? What could you do, naturalize something?"

Of course, I was retarded anyways and continued to mow down his team before declaring my attack step.

Oh yeah, and it was round five, thank you very much.

Slay
08-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Because when I shot his Priest of Titania with my Sharpshooter and he tapped it for mana in response, I said out loud, "they actually make green instants? What could you do, naturalize something?"

Of course, I was retarded anyways and continued to mow down his team before declaring my attack step.

Oh yeah, and it was round five, thank you very much.

Man, you sure showed him, what a badass move.
-Slay

Nightmare
08-29-2007, 02:07 PM
So at round 5, there was an Elves deck at 4-1. Funny thing is, round 6, there was an Elves deck at 5-1, and Eddinger sat at the 4-2 table stewing. Not that I can really talk - Angel Stax got pwnt by Elves, too.

bigbear102
08-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Ironically I was playing Wombat and drew with elves in one of the later rounds also, I believe in the x-1 bracket. But still, you suck for stealing my byes.

TeenieBopper
08-29-2007, 04:00 PM
So at round 5, there was an Elves deck at 4-1. Funny thing is, round 6, there was an Elves deck at 5-1, and Eddinger sat at the 4-2 table stewing. Not that I can really talk - Angel Stax got pwnt by Elves, too.

Dude, that fucker was playing Absolute Law main. Absolute Law. In the maindeck. And he played it on turn two. Pro red elves. On turn two. Against Goblins. How the fuck do I beat that?

Bane of the Living
08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Dude, that fucker was playing Absolute Law main. Absolute Law. In the maindeck. And he played it on turn two. Pro red elves. On turn two. Against Goblins. How the fuck do I beat that?

Did you call for a deck check?

bigbear102
08-30-2007, 02:44 PM
I originally decided on the 2 round bye as a prize because a 1 round bye just didn't seem interesting enough. Would you guys rather have the top 2 both get a 1 round bye, or possibly first get the 2 round bye and 2nd get a 1 round bye?

I will need some answers pretty soon as I need to advertise this in the store also. I'll let you guys throw your opinions out there and then make a final choice.

Nightmare
08-30-2007, 02:46 PM
1 round. 1 player.

Ewokslayer
08-30-2007, 02:48 PM
A 1 round bye for the top 2 seems interesting, Plus that way the top 2 can just split and go home.

How many people usually go to this thing weekly anyway?

Nightmare
08-30-2007, 02:49 PM
A 1 round bye for the top 2 seems interesting, Plus that way the top 2 can just split and go home.

How many people usually go to this thing weekly anyway?We usually run between 12 and 20. The whole point though, is that you guys would ideally be here in time to play in the bye tournament, too.

Ewokslayer
08-30-2007, 02:53 PM
We usually run between 12 and 20. The whole point though, is that you guys would ideally be here in time to play in the bye tournament, too.

I realize that, I was just curious as to what the base level was.

bigbear102
08-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Ok, we will probably do top 2 each get a bye, but nothing is set in stone yet. If anyone else has any opinions throw them out here.

The store will also be giving out the normal prizes for the tournament which is based upon attendance.

Zach Tartell
09-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Everyone go to star city right now and look at the most purchased card.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/lonelybaritone/grozothsales.jpg

Seriously.

Pinder
09-04-2007, 03:49 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/Pindarius/grozoth.jpg

Just in case people didn't get to see.

Grats.

edit: Interestingly enough, #2 is Paradox Haze. WTF?

edit2: Oh, looks like we had the same idea. Oh well.

bigbear102
09-16-2007, 04:27 PM
The Prelim for this tourney is going to be 2 1 round byes to the top 2. Prizes will be the normal store prizes, which are credit or packs based upon attendance.

Entry is 5 bucks, and you get a pack just for playing.

I think this is the next big tourney at this point. Any predictions?

Bryant Cook
09-17-2007, 09:50 AM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/Pindarius/grozoth.jpg

Looks like I'm going to be recieving a whole lot of Grozoths in the future.

Nightmare
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
I predict that I will enjoy this event, and probably do mediocre. Bar ftw/l.

zulander
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
You guys suck, this is during Ramadan.

Nightmare
09-17-2007, 10:34 AM
You guys suck, this is during Ramadan.So you have to fast and pray. Does that mean you can't travel or play magical cards?

Srs. Question, cause I don't know.

zulander
09-17-2007, 10:42 AM
So you have to fast and pray. Does that mean you can't travel or play magical cards?

Srs. Question, cause I don't know.

It means I can eat cause I'm traveling but I have to make it up after Ramadan. Which is fine, I just like to QQ about random stuffz.

bigbear102
09-17-2007, 11:10 AM
The bar was actually a strategic idea of mine. I will not be turning 21 until the week after this event, so I plan on winning my own tournament on the backs of others being wasted.

On a side note, anyone who beats Zach or me will be getting a pack of German Renaissance. It's a black bordered set that you can pull Mishra's Factory, Sylvan Library, Land Tax, and Strip Mine. If we don't give all of them out as bounties then we will be giving them out at the end of the tourney as a door prize, in addition to FOIL STANDSTILLS. There will be other door prizes also given out throughout the tourney.

Who is coming? I know that Canada, Mass, VA, Maryland, and even some midwesterners expressed interest, am I gonna have to give away my Forces and extra Volcs? Lets get 70 people.

Oh, and if the tourney is 7 rounds, those 1 round byes we are giving out may just turn into 2 round byes...

zulander
09-17-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't feel like scourging through the forums, but when's the prelims?

Ewokslayer
09-17-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't feel like scourging through the forums, but when's the prelims?

I believe it is the Saturday before the Draft @ 5pm at the ComicZone.

Bane of the Living
09-17-2007, 08:08 PM
It looks like Im bringing 9-10 from my team so we should help get 70+!

Im psyched about this tournament guys, I hope it goes real well for you.

Ill take a shot of Jager for beating an EPIC!

bigbear102
09-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Hopefully you're not much of a drinker, or else you'll have to think of another reason to take a shot.

Zach Tartell
09-19-2007, 03:19 PM
German Renaissance Packs came in. Aparently Magic: Die Zusammenkunft is a game played with the Spielkarten that come in these packs (8 each, pretty weak), and it's Ein Speil con Richard Garfield.

They're slim, but old and foreign. Y'know you want them!

More importantly, my Japanese Land Taxes and Meek Stones came in. Just because I'm sure everyone cares more about that.

Lego
09-19-2007, 03:49 PM
It looks like I can probably make this. If I get a full car, and actually feel like it. Anyone wanna go?

Bane of the Living
09-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Hopefully you're not much of a drinker, or else you'll have to think of another reason to take a shot.

And our host begins the smack talk!!

Bringin Burn or Survival to the table?

Brushwagg
09-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Didn't I beat you with Survival??

Zach Tartell
09-19-2007, 08:26 PM

PWNT!!

Do we want to do those totally biased "the top eight will be" talks? I totally thing Fluctuator is gonna go the distance. Seriously.

Bane of the Living
09-19-2007, 08:27 PM

I scooped to Worship and Spike Weaver because I didnt have answers to them. Its not like you attacked me to 0. Ive since developed my deck to have answers to ridiculous perms such as these.

Bring plenty of survival syracuse.

Zach Tartell
09-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't mean to divert attention from the smack talk, but how do you folks feel about a choice between a grozoth, and, say, a The Dark Squire when you sign up? Kaddy's II (III?) had the negator/hippy/swarm offering, and I'd like to expand what we're giving out. Anyone know of a third card you folks might want to look into?

Nightmare
09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
I don't mean to divert attention from the smack talk, but how do you folks feel about a choice between a grozoth, and, say, a The Dark Squire when you sign up? Kaddy's II (III?) had the negator/hippy/swarm offering, and I'd like to expand what we're giving out. Anyone know of a third card you folks might want to look into?

I could use a Tarmogoyf...

Brushwagg
09-19-2007, 10:00 PM
I scooped to Worship and Spike Weaver because I didnt have answers to them. Its not like you attacked me to 0. Ive since developed my deck to have answers to ridiculous perms such as these.

Wrong deck. Meddling Mage on Dread Return, along with Magus of the Moon. Plus the whole Basking Rootwalla jumping in your deck ;). But you did scoop to Mystic Enforcer. 6/6 Pro Black flyer for the W.

Will Lorwyn be legal for this thing? If so Molatov is going to top 8.

bigbear102
09-19-2007, 10:55 PM

I beat him with Survival. I believe recurring Grip/Vandals plus hundreds of permanents coming into play every turn beats stax.... and I even attacked him to 0!

Lorwyn doesn't even release until the Friday after this.... nice try though.

Mulletus
09-20-2007, 12:22 AM
I love when people talk trash about Survival. It sucks! There's so many better decks, and decks that SHOULD kick it's ass.

But unfortunately I have top 8'ed the last 3 dual land draghts I went to (1st 5th 8th)..... blah blah blah.... Rode the deck to a pretty nice eternal rating in one hell of a meta.... blah blah blah... oh and the pro point it got me... blah blah blah

Yeah you're right, I should scoop to a top notched deck like stax.

Di
09-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Survival also happened to go to the finals that tournament. I remember something about fattening my wallet with 8 new dual lands...

Brushwagg
09-20-2007, 09:31 PM
@Lorwyn: Oh just have to win without it then.

So after we keep the Dual lands with the team what is everyone else going to get? Just asking, because I want it to be at least worth the trip for them.

Whit3 Ghost
09-20-2007, 10:47 PM
And our host begins the smack talk!!

Bringin Burn or Survival to the table?
I beat you with Sedge Troll

Better Pwnt.

Shriekmaw
09-20-2007, 11:12 PM
@Lorwyn: Oh just have to win without it then.

So after we keep the Dual lands with the team what is everyone else going to get? Just asking, because I want it to be at least worth the trip for them.

Wait a minute. Sorry to cut into your team's plan to take all the duals lands, but I plan on walking away with some. I think it will be a lot of fun and hope to see a lot of players there.

Bryant Cook
09-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Wait a minute. Sorry to cut into your team's plan to take all the duals lands, but I plan on walking away with some. I think it will be a lot of fun and hope to see a lot of players there.

Nick you haven't made a top eight in a decade. Sit down and let the big boys play. I'm sure there will be a bench there for you.

emidln
09-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Two tendrils players are going to show up. Both will top8 despite playing radically different storm combo decks that are both on the decline. This will happen in a field full of threshold, landstill, and infy other decks playing Force of Will and Stifle. Tendrils will still get no respect despite splitting in the finals with itself.

Edit: 500 posts

bigbear102
09-21-2007, 10:34 AM

Nick, if there are 70 people there, you may walk away with like, Savannahs or Plateaus for ninth??? But then the problem is that there are 11 people on our team, so I doubt 12th place will hit duals (yes, Herbig will make top 8, from another continent), unless there's like, 200 people there, then maybe.

If we break 100 people I'll buy some piece of power to give to 1st place, and something else nice for 2nd. It depends on what Eli has the day of the event. Probably some sort of mox/twister, and maybe like a Bazaar or something.

TeenieBopper
09-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Nick, if there are 70 people there, you may walk away with like, Savannahs or Plateaus for ninth???

Hey hey hey! I'm going to be there. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Cait_Sith
09-21-2007, 12:17 PM

I am assuming you'll take 7th.

Ewokslayer
09-21-2007, 12:24 PM
I am assuming you'll take 7th.

Really, I am assuming that despite the previous post he won't actually show.

Cait_Sith
09-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Really, I am assuming that despite the previous post he won't actually show.

I am no longer rooting for you in first.

Ewokslayer
09-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I am no longer rooting for you in first.

?

I didn't realize you wanted Teeniebopper to show that much.

Nightmare
09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
?

I didn't realize you wanted Teeniebopper that much.

EFT.

FakeSpam
09-21-2007, 03:04 PM
He'll probably be too hung over/trying to get the proper back-and-forth momentum to roll off whatever fat chick he's on.

calosso
09-21-2007, 05:13 PM

What are you gonna play? Lose to green instants.dec?

bigbear102
09-21-2007, 05:54 PM
I know what you're going to play Colosso, ur gonna play give Abold back his abeyances.

Bane of the Living
09-21-2007, 06:34 PM
I beat him with Survival. I believe recurring Grip/Vandals plus hundreds of permanents coming into play every turn beats stax.... and I even attacked him to 0!

Yeah you're right, I should scoop to a top notched deck like stax.

I love this. I havent played stacks in a sanctioned tournament for almost a year. Do yourselves a favor and play Tormods Crypt's at the tournament, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I beat you with Sedge Troll
Better Pwnt.

Plenty of us are capable of losing to a 3/3 yet only you are capable of playing Sedge Trolls. I dont think this is the flame you wish it was.

Two tendrils players are going to show up. Both will top8 despite playing radically different storm combo decks that are both on the decline. This will happen in a field full of threshold, landstill, and infy other decks playing Force of Will and Stifle. Tendrils will still get no respect despite splitting in the finals with itself.

This is the only trash talk I fear right here. Ill do my best to draw with your team emidln.

Whit3 Ghost
09-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Plenty of us are capable of losing to a 3/3 yet only you are capable of playing Sedge Trolls. I dont think this is the flame you wish it was.

This is the only trash talk I fear right here. Ill do my best to draw with your team emidln.
Gotta love talking shit to me then saying that you fear our team.

Still, I don't care. In that particular deck, Troll did what he needed to do, which was hold down the fort, and he did that better then most others in those colors.

I also owned about zero cards at the time, so it doesn't really bother me.

You still lost to Sedge Troll.

Di
09-21-2007, 07:01 PM

It is futile to draw in the 0-2 bracket.

Bane of the Living
09-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Gotta love talking shit to me then saying that you fear our team.

Still, I don't care. In that particular deck, Troll did what he needed to do, which was hold down the fort, and he did that better then most others in those colors.

I also owned about zero cards at the time, so it doesn't really bother me.

You still lost to Sedge Troll.

Im not shit talking to you, this is like the 3rd time you tell your Sedge Troll story. I have no beef with Blitz, your one of the more innovative teams.

Im talking about SI, Iggy, and any deck that matches your slogan.

Ewokslayer
09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I know what you're going to play Colosso, ur gonna play give Abold back his abeyances.

So Calosso has your Abeyances and Allen has your Landstill deck.
No wonder you had to resort to playing Truffle Shuffle at the last tournament.

Whit3 Ghost
09-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Im not shit talking to you, this is like the 3rd time you tell your Sedge Troll story. I have no beef with Blitz, your one of the more innovative teams.

2nd and last time. I still find it funny.

And DI, we've been doing pretty damn well lately. We're not going 0-2.
Although I'm not showing, unfortunately.

Bryant Cook
09-21-2007, 09:08 PM

Bane EPIC's record against you isn't even funny, your name might as well read **BYE**. Except your 1600 rating guves us 2 points if we're lucky. As for innovative teams I believe EPIC is up there.

Di
09-21-2007, 09:15 PM
EPIC is on an entirely different plane than other Legacy teams as far as innovation goes. True story.

Bane of the Living
09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Bane EPIC's record against you isn't even funny, your name might as well read **BYE**. Except your 1600 rating guves us 2 points if we're lucky. As for innovative teams I believe EPIC is up there.

Ouch. I honestly havent played against many of you guys.

Ive played against Matt once and Brushwagg I think just once. Ive never had the honor of playing against you, Adam, or Caulyn. Dont think Ive even met the rest of you.. You really have 10 members?

Remind me again, whats the point of mentioning rating and Legacy in the same sentence?

EPIC is on an entirely different plane than other Legacy teams as far as innovation goes. True story.

Please note I didnt discredit or even mention EPIC's innovation so you can stop freakin out. You run the source and keep this piece of shit format in line. Congrats, where do I send the fruit basket?

EDIT
Is VA even going to this? Comon you fuckers lets boost prizes!

Bryant Cook
09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Ive never had the honor of playing against you, Adam, or Caulyn. Dont think Ive even met the rest of you.. You really have 10 members?

Remind me again, whats the point of mentioning rating and Legacy in the same sentence?

Please note I didnt discredit or even mention EPIC's innovation so you can stop freakin out. You run the source and keep this piece of shit format in line. Congrats, where do I send the fruit basket?

Oh well, the time will come. I think we have eleven, either that or ten.

Um... Incase we get another GP? I honestly don't know but I know my rating > A lot of peoples.

AWWW BANE you do care. I'd love a fruit basket. PM me and I'll give you my address, mind sending chocolate and flowers too?

TeenieBopper
09-21-2007, 09:36 PM
I just noticed your sig. Your ass is going down.

Bane of the Living
09-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Oh well, the time will come.

If I dont beat you my gf will :tongue: .

Di
09-21-2007, 11:11 PM
If I dont beat you my gf will

EPIC likes it rough, fyi.

Shriekmaw
09-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Nick you haven't made a top eight in a decade. Sit down and let the big boys play. I'm sure there will be a bench there for you.

Oh, I forgot. What am I thinking, I'm not good at magic. I'll still show up to show the big boys a few things though.

BeeblesofLife
09-21-2007, 11:29 PM
This sucks that I'm going to miss out on this. I really wanted to teach Bane how to play Ichorid too....:tongue:

bigbear102
09-22-2007, 01:46 AM
If I dont beat you my gf will :tongue: .

Nope, beat her the same weekend.

emidln
09-22-2007, 02:23 AM
I meant that Bryant and Kyle will top8 with TES and either Grim Iggy or QSI. If more BZK people show up (I'm looking at you Kyle, Chris, and Will), I'd fully expect them to t8 with Grim Iggy, QSI, or TES. Honestly, there isn't a good reason to not play storm combo at the moment if you know how. Which deck you choose is largely a function of what your playstyle is.

Di
09-22-2007, 03:13 AM
Honestly, there isn't a good reason to not play storm combo at the moment if you know how.

That statement is can't possibly be further from the truth. Not only is Threshold currently at its peak in popularity , but this tournament is being held in Syracuse, an area well known for it's heavy control population. Good luck fighting through 4-5 rounds of Threshold and Landstill the entire day. Regardless of how good of a player you are, you will be in an uphill battle the entire way through. It's possible for a storm deck to top8, but there is almost no chance it'll make it past quarters.

Cait_Sith
09-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Survival is still fairly popular too in Syracuse, isn't it? The RecSur list that took 2nd in Germany not too long ago I have also seen eat up Storm Based combo fairly easily.

Di
09-22-2007, 07:55 AM
That is true as well. Outside all the control decks, you will still find a good amount of hate from every other deck, most especially the locals, which will compose of a solid portion of the field. It's almost unheard of to run storm combo at local events now because it constantly gets picked on by every deck and ends up in the 0-X bracket.

Whit3 Ghost
09-22-2007, 09:02 AM
I meant that Bryant and Kyle will top8 with TES and either Grim Iggy or QSI. If more BZK people show up (I'm looking at you Kyle, Chris, and Will), I'd fully expect them to t8 with Grim Iggy, QSI, or TES. Honestly, there isn't a good reason to not play storm combo at the moment if you know how. Which deck you choose is largely a function of what your playstyle is.
As I said, I can't make it. However, some events still on the calendar seem pretty juicy.

Also, I belive WOWTower to currently be better then Storm Combo in the current meta, sans like enchantress. Very few decks can deal with Stax with a clock.

Also, I believe Kyle beat at least 1 top notch threshold player with Grim Iggy en route to top 8.

EDIT- I'll be the first to say it. Grim Iggy/QSI is the new Solidarity

Bane of the Living
09-22-2007, 09:16 AM
As I said, I can't make it.

What wait. Your talking Sedge Troll Shit to me and your not even bringing them to the table? Pathetic.

Whit3 Ghost
09-22-2007, 10:34 AM
What wait. Your talking Sedge Troll Shit to me and your not even bringing them to the table? Pathetic.
Just throwing it out there every time you start in these threads.
Doesn't matter if I'm going or not.

Zach Tartell
09-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Only if you go 6-0 beating Adam, Trevor, myself, Matt, Colin, and fly Herbig in from Peru and beat him, will you be as drunk as I am right now.

And that's only if Trevor buys you two Jellow Shopts for each of us.

Seriously.

bigbear102
09-30-2007, 08:34 PM
So who is coming to this thing???

There has been a sever lack of trash talking in the last few days.

Anybody have any picks for top 8???

I'm guessing:

1 Breakfast
1 Landstill
2 Survival
1 Enchantress
2 Gro
1 random aggro w/ white

TeenieBopper
09-30-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't know about the rest of the top 8, but there's going to be at least one goblin deck in top 8. And there isn't going to be white in it.

emidln
09-30-2007, 09:18 PM
My predictions:

1 Tendrils combo
1-2 BZK Hate Deck (I need to find out how many teammates are going)
1 Breakfast
1 Survival
1-2 Landstill
1 Threshold
1 Aggro Loam

Getsickanddie
09-30-2007, 10:02 PM
All y'all motherfuckers are lucky Lorwyn won't be legal for this shit. Cenn's Heir is the new Piledriver folks.

Kithkin beatdown for the fucking win.

Shriekmaw
09-30-2007, 10:05 PM
All y'all motherfuckers are lucky Lorwyn won't be legal for this shit. Cenn's Heir is the new Piledriver folks.

Kithkin beatdown for the fucking win.

The only problem with that its white, and white cards do not generally beat down. Honestly, are you crazy enough to build a white weenie deck in today's legacy format?

goobafish
09-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Too bad this is Canadian thanksgiving weekend. I was going to come up.

TheBirdMan
09-30-2007, 10:57 PM
My predictions:

1 Tendrils combo
1-2 BZK Hate Deck (I need to find out how many teammates are going)
1 Breakfast
1 Survival
1-2 Landstill
1 Threshold
1 Aggro Loam

I'll Be that survival deck.

Zach Tartell
09-30-2007, 11:08 PM
I want Jeff Folinous to show up and split the finals with me after going 6-0 in the swiss with Rw Goblins. And I want like 3 White thresh decks in the top 8, so people will stop whining about how good UGr is (seriously, 4 lightning bolts isn't worth it).

So, let's ball park it at:
Geoff Smelski's Landstilll (whatever list)
At least one goblins deck
At least one Thresh
Some terrible random deck, like Kavu Cure or Death and Taxes
At least one Breakfast
A random Control deck that isn't landstill, like Enchantress (dare I say it) or Loam control or 43 land
Maybe an Ichorid
A storm-based Combo deck or two

So... 12 decks in the top 8. I'm great at math.

bigbear102
09-30-2007, 11:25 PM
I'll Be that survival deck.

good luck with that one.... is there gonna be 4x Suntail Hawk in there?

Emidln, how many guys are you bringing?

Getsickanddie
09-30-2007, 11:45 PM

I lawled, I cried, and I lawled some more.

The only problem with that its white, and white cards do not generally beat down.

Exalted Angel.

Honestly, are you crazy enough to build a white weenie deck in today's legacy format?

Not white weenie. Kithkin tribal son. Just look at the artwork on Cenn's Heir. That's one bad ass fucking hobbit son. He's got a cape, and he's defending his village and shit. If I ever saw a midget walking around in a cape, I'd know that was one dude not to fuck with. He'll straight up bite your nuts off.

Oh yeah, and Geoff Smelski wins this event IF he shows up.

emidln
09-30-2007, 11:53 PM

Emidln, how many guys are you bringing?

I'll be bringing 0 as I'm in Illinois (it sucks way out here). I think that rsaunder, TheBirdMan, and CaptainLyle811 will be there from the team.

And about the Suntail Hawks, well, how much will you pay to see 4 of them in the 75 of a top8 deck? I think our storm deck has some free slots...

Zach Tartell
10-01-2007, 12:05 AM
And about the Suntail Hawks, well, how much will you pay to see 4 of them in the 75 of a top8 deck? I think our storm deck has some free slots...

If you win the Epic DLD with a playset of Suntail Hawks in your deck, I will actually give you a set of Forces.

Seriously.

Getsickanddie
10-01-2007, 12:15 AM
If you win the Epic DLD with a playset of Suntail Hawks in your deck, I will actually give you a set of Forces.

Seriously.

Yo, and if the winner plays 4x Carrier Pidgeons main deck, I'll give said person a hot bj.

Who is man enough to play both Suntail Hawk AND Carrier Pidgeons in a Legacy maindeck?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. As I promised before, I got some hizzzot asian boosters to "give away" if any of you can beat an EPIC player. And by "give away", I mean take back home with me since you're all going to get owned.

emidln
10-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Yo, and if the winner plays 4x Carrier Pidgeons main deck, I'll give said person a hot bj.

Who is man enough to play both Suntail Hawk AND Carrier Pidgeons in a Legacy maindeck?

Not I. However, I think our latest tendrils deck has 8ish sideboard slots that don't matter.

Nightmare
10-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Look, all trash talking aside, this event is going to rock. Or be on the rocks, I'm not sure.

Wallace
10-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Look, all trash talking aside, this event is going to rock. Or be on the rocks, I'm not sure.
Can't it be both?

Bryant Cook
10-01-2007, 03:51 PM

I'm going to be on rocks.

Pinder
10-01-2007, 04:41 PM

I wish this wasn't so far away, because I would totally do that. Mono-W Bird Aggro with Battle Screech and Soulcatcher's Aerie. And Coat of Arms. Oh yeah.

FakeSpam
10-01-2007, 04:45 PM
I might just do it anyway.

Pinder
10-01-2007, 05:19 PM

Tell me how the BJ is, okay?

Jak
10-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey, he has to win first.

Pinder
10-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I know.

bigbear102
10-01-2007, 09:09 PM

You might as well, you're gonna go 0-X with whatever you play anyway.

Brushwagg
10-01-2007, 09:26 PM

That would be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> then Hollywood's MD Polar Karkens.

TeenieBopper
10-01-2007, 09:41 PM
That would be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> then Hollywood's MD Polar Karkens.

QFMFT.

I would pay so much to see Trevor suck his dick.

Huh. That sounded a whole lot less gay in my head.

bigbear102
10-01-2007, 10:54 PM
First you wanna fuck Mike Herbig (can't actually blame you there) and now you wanna see a guy suck another guy off?????

Addendum to the tourney rules: All gay (male) sex acts to be preformed in private ONLY!!!

Di
10-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Addendum to the tourney rules: All gay (male) sex acts to be preformed in private ONLY!!!

Guess this means all my matches will be played in the men's bathroom.

/sigh

edgewalker
10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Guess this means all my matches will be played in the men's bathroom.

/sigh

I see what you did there

Zach Tartell
10-02-2007, 01:22 PM
So, is Virginia coming to this?

TheBirdMan
10-02-2007, 03:08 PM
What happens if I decide to win with all bird cards in my deck, :tongue:

emidln
10-02-2007, 04:25 PM
What happens if I decide to win with all bird cards in my deck, :tongue:

There's a clause somewhere in the fine print of the BZK website that says you have to play Brainstorm, Dark Ritual, or Trinisphere in your deck. As long as you fit in one of those, you're fine. :wink:

I think the EPIC guys are giving out blowjobs though. How is W/u Birds splash Brainstorm sounding?

Ewokslayer
10-02-2007, 06:29 PM
So, is Virginia coming to this?

I don't believe any VA players are coming since they don't have Columbus Day Off. I am told that it is all Calosso's fault.

I will be coming though.

Does anyone have a place I could crash at?

Shriekmaw
10-02-2007, 07:06 PM
It turns out that I won't be able to make this event. Instead, I'm meeting up with some friends and decided to go camping/hiking for this weekend. Looks like a great event that I wish I could make it to.

Good luck to all the players from 'cuse.

TheBirdMan
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
There's a clause somewhere in the fine print of the BZK website that says you have to play Brainstorm, Dark Ritual, or Trinisphere in your deck. As long as you fit in one of those, you're fine. :wink:

I think the EPIC guys are giving out blowjobs though. How is W/u Birds splash Brainstorm sounding?

Yeah, Its W/U with brainstorms but idk if this format could handle it.

calosso
10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't believe any VA players are coming since they don't have Columbus Day Off. I am told that it is all Calosso's fault.

I will be coming though.

Does anyone have a place I could crash at?

WTF?????? Sry I cannot tell the Virginian goverment to give people who work the day off JACKASS.

Yea we really aren't goin cause it is on motherfucking Sunday.

TeenieBopper
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
It turns out that I won't be able to make this event. Instead, I'm meeting up with some friends and decided to go camping/hiking for this weekend. Looks like a great event that I wish I could make it to.

But... but... you have stuff I need :(

bigbear102
10-02-2007, 10:39 PM
WTF?????? Sry I cannot tell the Virginian goverment to give people who work the day off JACKASS.

Yea we really aren't goin cause it is on motherfucking Sunday.

So then you will be mailing me the cards you borrowed? Or are you just planning on keeping them?

Raider Bob
10-02-2007, 10:41 PM

I find this statement hard to believe. Like you have friends.

calosso
10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
So then you will be mailing me the cards you borrowed? Or are you just planning on keeping them?

What cards do I owe u again and then I will mail them tommorrow.

bigbear102
10-03-2007, 02:30 AM
I believe 2 Abeyance, it might be 3, I'm not sure.

Mulletus
10-03-2007, 11:36 AM
You also have a foil harmonic sliver I lent you for 5 dollars.

rsaunder
10-03-2007, 02:54 PM
I think everyone's gonna be surprised by Deadguy with my special addition on sunday...

That's right, 4 suntail Hawk FTW!

AnwarA101
10-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I think everyone's gonna be surprised by Deadguy with my special addition on sunday...

That's right, 4 suntail Hawk FTW!

The only thing suprising about Deadguy is that people still play it.

Di
10-03-2007, 03:20 PM
The bottom brackets need love too, you know.

Shriekmaw
10-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I find this statement hard to believe. Like you have friends.

This statement above is very disrespectful. I put a lot of time and effort into this game. If this is the kind of statements I have to deal with, then playing legacy with you guys isn't worth it.

Zach Tartell
10-03-2007, 07:43 PM
This statement above is very disrespectful. I put a lot of time and effort into this game. If this is the kind of statements I have to deal with, then playing legacy with you guys isn't worth it.

Are you serious? An "I'm going to quit legacy because you guys are jerks" because some asshole made a terrible joke about the possiblility that you have friends outside the game? Weak, dude.

Shriekmaw
10-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Are you serious? An "I'm going to quit legacy because you guys are jerks" because some asshole made a terrible joke about the possiblility that you have friends outside the game? Weak, dude.

I'm not going to quit legacy, b/c I love magic. I just wanted to make a point.

freakish777
10-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Who from Rochester is headed to this? I just got back from the West Coast and hadn't really been checking up on the tournament boards until a couple nights ago when I found out about this.

I also might want/need to borrow a deck for this since well, I kind of sold some cards for moving out to aforementioned place...

Di
10-03-2007, 08:26 PM

Take a fucking joke bro Jesus F. Christ. The fuck is wrong with you?

Zach Tartell
10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Who from Rochester is headed to this? I just got back from the West Coast and hadn't really been checking up on the tournament boards until a couple nights ago when I found out about this.

I also might want/need to borrow a deck for this since well, I kind of sold some cards for moving out to aforementioned place...

I have a sub-optimal TES deck you could play. By that I mean ti's like six cards off of Bryant's newest list.

bigbear102
10-03-2007, 08:51 PM

Really disappointed you can't make it... although your attitude isn't helping in that respect.

TeenieBopper
10-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Keep in mind that Nick doesn't know Bob. Bob could say that to any of you guys that are flipping out because you'd be like "ha ha, Bob made a funny. You're funny Bob." and no feelings are hurt. But if some random dude says something like that to you, you'd get a little offended and think he was a jerk. Cut him some slack.

Shriekmaw
10-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Really disappointed you can't make it... although your attitude isn't helping in that respect.

I want to apologize guys. I had a really rough day at work today and when I got home I first comment I read up on these forms was the one by bob. That got me a bit upset. I'm sorry that I won't be able to make this, but I'll be at all the big legacy events coming up in the next month or two. It should be a great 2 months of legacy magic.

I hope everyone has fun at this tournament. Take care.

Wallace
10-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Hey does anyone from the Cuse' need a ride to this thing. If ya PM me I may be able to help. Nick sorry to see you won't be there, hope to see you at the next few legacy events.

Getsickanddie
10-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Keep in mind that Nick doesn't know Bob. Bob could say that to any of you guys that are flipping out because you'd be like "ha ha, Bob made a funny. You're funny Bob." and no feelings are hurt. But if some random dude says something like that to you, you'd get a little offended and think he was a jerk. Cut him some slack.

You can't make posts like these Mike. You have a reputation online as a sarcastic asshole to uphold.

bigbear102
10-03-2007, 11:26 PM
You can't make posts like these Mike. You have a reputation online as a sarcastic asshole to uphold.

QFT

I apologize also Nick, I shouldn't have said anything. I assumed you knew Bob.

On another note, I must sadly say that soda will not be sold. The VFW has a dumb policy of having to use their fountain soda, and charge a flat rate. So, soda will have to be bought at the bar, or just bring your own, but I didn't tell you that....

I will have a printout of the first post in this thread there to resolve any disputes that people may have, it will be binding and I will stand by it. I don't want any problems like Eli had, because if this is a success I want to do another in the future.

On a lighter note, lets get some better trash talking going... this is getting boring to read.

URABAHN
10-04-2007, 06:59 AM
On a lighter note, lets get some better trash talking going... this is getting boring to read.

Zach Tartell thinks Goblins is a powerhouse in the format, he told me so in a PM.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Good Christ, that's funny!

bigbear102
10-04-2007, 10:53 AM
No trash talking from people who said they would be here but won't!

Too busy cruising the playgrounds???

Bryant Cook
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm calling 13th. Go for it and there will be a throw down.

Zach Tartell
10-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Zach Tartell thinks Goblins is a powerhouse in the format, he told me so in a PM.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Good Christ, that's funny!

I told you so in the landstill thread, and didn't respond to your "put down the crack pipe" pm becuase I dind't want to get into an arugment and get weird around each other.

rsaunder
10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
The only thing suprising about Deadguy is that people still play it.Excuse me, people so most certainly do NOT still play deadguy. It's person:tongue:

AnwarA101
10-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Excuse me, people so most certainly do NOT still play deadguy. It's person:tongue:

So why are you still playing it?

freakish777
10-04-2007, 05:20 PM
I have a sub-optimal TES deck you could play. By that I mean ti's like six cards off of Bryant's newest list.

Alright, deck down, ride to go.

Guy I Don't Know
10-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I play dead guy, mainly because I always die and I am a guy. The should call it die guy, it rhymes and people might think you are playing a graft deck.

Slay
10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I play dead guy, mainly because I always die and I am a guy. The should call it die guy, it rhymes and people might think you are playing a graft deck.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc50/aaronsciore/usa-rogue-dead-guy-ale.jpg

No.
-Slay

URABAHN
10-05-2007, 07:09 AM
I told you so in the landstill thread, and didn't respond to your "put down the crack pipe" pm becuase I dind't want to get into an arugment and get weird around each other.

The only reason you'd feel weird around me is because you want to touch my ass (and eat frozen waffles).

Zach Tartell
10-05-2007, 08:20 AM
The only reason you'd feel weird around me is because you want to touch my ass (and eat frozen waffles).

Those waffles were delicous, and my participation was minimal!

Mulletus
10-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Yeah I dont feel like reading.....
1 how much is this?
2 what are the prizes?
3 Is this sanctioned?

on1y0ne
10-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah I dont feel like reading.....
1 how much is this?
2 what are the prizes?
3 Is this sanctioned?

1-$30
2-Dual lands and other fun stuff
3-Yes

bigbear102
10-05-2007, 06:16 PM
There is a list of extra prizes on the first page, I really recommend at least reading the first post. There will be door prizes and lots of extra stuff given out.

rsaunder
10-06-2007, 01:34 AM
So why are you still playing it?
Isn't being the only person to play a viable deck consistantly sort of a benefit, like seriously, who boards/practices against deadguy?

That, and I've been damn close to T8ing the last 2 DLD's I attended. Perhaps time for a switch? We'll see sunday.

emidln
10-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Isn't being the only person to play a viable deck consistantly sort of a benefit, like seriously, who boards/practices against deadguy?

That, and I've been damn close to T8ing the last 2 DLD's I attended. Perhaps time for a switch? We'll see sunday.

You know you'd rather play the BZK Hate Deck. Like, honestly, after seeing the list, and the name to reg it as, why not play it?

Zach Tartell
10-06-2007, 09:02 AM

Last time I checked, "Almost only counts in horse-shoes and hand grenades."

on1y0ne
10-06-2007, 09:53 AM

...and nuclear warfare

OffTheWall
10-06-2007, 07:40 PM
4 people from Necro just drove out there. I would not have thought it would be so difficult to get someone to cover working at a card shop for a day, so I can't make it :(

rsaunder
10-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Quiet, Mr. "I'll-bring-back-enchantress-and-be-all-awesome-face".

...owned...

Zach Tartell
10-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Quiet, Mr. "I'll-bring-back-enchantress-and-be-all-awesome-face".

...owned...

24 Duals and a TES deck seem to think Enchantress is doing better than Deadguy.

Also, Brian Thomas, a local, won the first round bye with 2 land Belcher (cret) against Brian Diefendorf's deck (I'll withhold this, on account of I hear he might be playing it tomorrow.

Call me at: (315) 778-9926 if you folks get lost on the way.

bigbear102
10-07-2007, 02:55 AM
GOOD NEWS!!!! I found my deck, so i'll be all ready to play tomorrow....err... later today...

Hopefully everybody gets there alright. There will be some sort of sign on the street near the VFW so everybody knows where to go.

Good luck everybody!

kabal
10-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Any news on this event?