PDA

View Full Version : Source Tournament VIII: Sign the hell up!

Parcher
07-06-2007, 12:21 AM
That’s right kiddies, It’s time!

After the last two tournaments I was loathe to run another of these, but these boards have been a graveyard lately.

My other problem was that not only did the same person win the last two tournaments; he did it with a Survival deck. The meta has changed now, so this is unlikely to repeat. The biggest issue I have is allowing the German Juggernaut to run rampant through the field again. Hell, three of the last Top four were European. We should be embarrassed dammit.

Note: This is a joke. No frickin' Anti-American or Anti-Euro B.S. please.

Thus we begin Source Tournament VIII.

The rules will be the standard. DCI Floor Rules with no time limit (not enforceable). Best two-of-three matches in a Swiss pairings system using DCI reporter with a cut to the Top 8 after a number of rounds determined by current participants. Too many drop from these things to guarantee rounds.

There will however, be a slight alteration this time. My current work access to The Source leaves me unable to post (though I can view) unless I log in as an Admin; and if I get caught……

So the rounds will begin at Midnight. Sorry about this, but I can’t even play this time for the same reason, and usually get home around 9pm. The pairings will be posted at Midnight of the starting day, and the round will end at 11:00pm EST two days afterwards. For example: Round X starts at Midnight Tuesday. Round X will end at 11:00pm on Thursday. This gives 47 hours to complete the round. I know… with the odd starting times it’s not so much. But these tournaments go all to hell if a round gets dragged out more than two days. It may actually help the Euros and West Coasters. As per usual, exceptions may (and likely will) be made. But since I will have to extend the round a full day as I will be unable to post pairings at work now, I am going to be less likely to extend full rounds.

All games will be played on Magic Workstation. Connectivity and system errors should be worked out between the players; please save all game logs. If a rules question comes up, ask someone who knows more than I. We have yet to have any issue with any of this though, which is one reason everyone likes these.

The second issue is usually availability. If you are unable to make contact with your opponent within 12 hours, post it on the tournament thread. If your opponent does not post, and the game remains unplayed, you will receive the win. If both post, and the game remains unplayed, the match will be drawn. If you are unable to contact your opponent within 24 hours, PM me, and I will see if I can. Activity on The Source is also monitored, so please try to check in. The outcome if the match is not played is at my discretion, but I really hate draws; these tournies are supposed to be fun. The sooner you let me know, the better.

Source Tournament VII will begin at Midnight on Thursday, July 12th. You have a week to register. I want to try to have this completed before Kaddy’s tournament.

To join, simple post your intent here. MWS deck registration codes will be required. When you load your deck into MWS, this will be displayed to the right of the decklist. Feel free to check your opponent’s at the start of your match. All codes must be submitted by 11:00pm EST on Wednesday, July 11th. Feel free to alter them up to then, as with a full day to enter them, I won’t begin until the 11th. Also, with your post of intent, it is best if you include as many ways to contact yourself as you feel comfortable with (AIM, email, etc.) PMs are often not enough.

Prizes have not been determined yet, but as at least Tao knows, I always put up some cool cards. And unlike in some of these online things, the winner always gets their prizes. Donations are of course welcome. They will be posted as unofficial until received, then official. I’ll post mine after I dig up something neat.

There is a catch though. Since I won’t be available to play most of the time, I am reserving the right to play the winner. You get the prizes win, or lose…but you have to play me to get them. I want to lose to the best. I will post my deck code along with the rest at the start.

So that’s it. Most of this is standard for those who have played before. If you have any questions, or I missed something please post it here. I will open a new thread with pairings and deck codes once the tournament starts.

Mister Agent
07-06-2007, 02:07 AM
My MWS Name: Agent Funk
My aol name: Liufamily2
My Security Deck Code:a48514fc

PunkRocker1134
07-06-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm in

Deck Code: 2f730e6d
AIM: Myhellfire7734

edit: Changed the deck code, Sorry for any problems with that

Parcher
07-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Okay kiddies, some updates:

@Nihil: Yes. Exactly. Only results must be posted by 11pm so I can have at least an hour to post pairings.

@reanimated: If through whatever reason, you and your opponent cannot get together, and both have posted as such, the game will be drawn.

@Caboose: Read the first post, greedy-ass.

@Everyone else: These "I'm In maybe kinda sorta" don't matter now, but are potentially worrisome. Let me stress this; the tournament will likely run 12-14 days (including possible extension), with the Top8 taking another 4-5.

If you will be going on vacation, losing internet access, getting a sex change, or moving to Indonesia during that time DO NOT JOIN!!!

It is fine to miss a game, it happens But nothing screws up the tournament more than those who play once, then totally dissapear without a word.

I forgot to add: If you totally miss more than one game without posting, you will be dropped. This does not include intentional draws, though they must be announced.

Now for the good news:

Official Prizes:

1 Japanese Foil Withered Wretch
1 Fire Imp
1 Arena Fireball
4 FBB Kird Ape (3 It. 1 Ger.)*
1 piss-yellow Judge's Foil DCI Gemstone Mine

Hurray for me! That's it for now. Donations still accepted.

*Dave Feinstein ineligible for Kird Apes

DrJones
07-06-2007, 02:33 PM
I want to prove that I'm the best Pokemaster here, so count me in.

Currently testing this deck code: 1485a991.

I'll be out from day 12 afternoon to day 14 lunchtime, so I'll try to play the first match it the 11th or 12 morning. (GMT -1)

EDIT: Due to some funny circumstances, I have to be out starting from 11 morning. If the first round ends before I return the 14th, consider it as a bye. I'll try to contact my opponent as soon as I return.

Aggro_zombies
07-06-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm in, but with work I'll be on at random times. Stay tuned for deck code.

EDIT: Contact info to the left, please don't PM me. Also, if I'm not on one of those clients, I'm not available. I can usually play after 9:00 pm Pacific Standard Time, but earlier than that...will depend on my schedule.

Deck Code: f01c9e75

Cait_Sith
07-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Still room for me I hope.

Edit: The code! It is 52136ff9.

Eldariel
07-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I'll play. I'll see to the security code once I get home. Oh, I'd appreciate being able to pre- or postpone my first match since I'll be out of town for 12-15th July and I'd therefore miss the first round unless I can either play it before 12th or after 15th. Anyway, yea, I'll get you my security code ASAP in case you prefer preponement.

Alacar Leoricar
07-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Sign me up! I should be good for this.

Alacar15@aol.com
AlacarLeoricar on AIM
AlacarLeoricar on Yahoo!
Alacar15@hotmail.com on MSN.

Security Code:4A9CFCEF

technogeek5000
07-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Ok im officially signing up for this.

Deck registration code: cfbf59e0

Edit:
I'm in. Might as well have one Stax player.

Don't worry, ill be playing a stax build i have been working on, so there will be alot more turn 1 3-spheres and crazy lock down shenanigans.

Eldariel
07-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Alright, here goes:

AIM UA: Elealar
MSN SN: elealar@hotmail.com
ICQ UIN#: 73141588
Security Code: 4999B584 (not case sensitive)

Please either prepair me with someone who's posted their security code already at the latest on Wednesday, preferably Tuesday (seeing that the first round pairings are largely arbitrary without a rating base anyways, it shouldn't really matter), or let me play the first round after the sunday, I'd hate to start 0-1 just because of a technicality. Just let me know ASAP, so I can plan accordingly. Thanks!

Kadaj
07-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Count me in, I'll get my deckcode up once I figure out what I'm going to be playing.

AIM: Tothegallows91
MSN: EternalArcadia22@gmail.com
Email: EternalArcadia22@gmail.com

Edit: Deckcode: 9324BFC0

Ridiculous Hat
07-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Money->Mouth.

9bb6519c

Just pm me on here. That's the easiest way to contact me.

Parcher
07-08-2007, 11:19 PM
To just clear a few things up:

Everyone on The Source is welcome. Period. If you cannot post on the Source however, you cannot participate.

Posting "I'm in, maybe" is fine to up your post count. As far as actually being in the tournament, if you post your DSC by Wednesday, you are in. If not, not.

For those worried about availability, common courtesy for the amount of work it takes to organize this is all I ask. Both Di and Eldariel have asked ahead of time for special dispensation. Which, once I get a more concrete picture of who will actually be playing, will be taken care of. (El, I need more deck codes to find you a partner, and Di, the Midnight start time should actually help you.)

My goal for these is to have a Legacy tournament where everyone can actually play in regardless of locale. It should also be fun, so I prefer if the games do get played, especially since this is an opportunity to play decks you might not risk an IRL tournament with. On the other hand, no one enjoys having entire rounds be held up due to my not wanting to draw four matches due to lack of activity. And dragging rounds out for days causes more drops than people not being able to get together in time. As long as I am aware of the situation before the end of the round, I will do whatever I can to make matches happen.

Di
07-09-2007, 12:56 AM
dd7598bd

There's the DSC. Depending on how many days there are in between rounds, I might have chances to play during the day. It'll depend on what days it is though.

Eldariel
07-09-2007, 03:33 AM
I'm interested, but I might have to play from University or at home, which means two different registration codes for the same deck. Is there anything I can do to fix this, like maybe show someone both decks to prove they're the same?

They'll have the same security code if you use the exactly same deckfile. Send the deck from one computer to another and barring some really awkward errors, it should function just fine.

Hummingbird TG
07-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Deck Registration/Security Code: 048DAA36

MSN Messenger: bloodmage844 *at* hotmail *dot* com

I don't have AIM, or MIRC or whatever, and due to the lack of free space on my comp, I doubt I'd be downloading them anytime soon.

I'm in.

noobslayer
07-09-2007, 07:16 AM
I'll finalize my list and post the code after work today. Look here for when I edit it.

EDIT:

Security Code: dc8c6dfe
AIM: SquirellReaper88

My play time is confined to evenings. My job is 8-4:30 pm every weekday.

Bardu
07-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Count me in.

AIM: pangelyni
SC: 4e57e979

Bryant Cook
07-09-2007, 12:35 PM
SC: db27e6a9
AIM: Cutxthecelebrity

Nightmare
07-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh whatthefuck, I'm in - even if it's been over a year since I've used MWS.

0f2d95cf
PM me here.

Sanguine Voyeur
07-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Code:330189c4

Contact me though email (Sacul_Kamadaka at yahoo .com) or PM.

Atwa
07-09-2007, 04:58 PM
I'll try to play again.

Last time I had to drop out since I had to work too much, but I feel I have better luck this time.

Contact info:
Email: niels.blokland@gmail.com
MSN: atwa2002@hotmail.com (if the account is still working)
PM always works wonders, I have the notifier always on.

Deckcode: d2905667

Andros
07-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Ok, here it goes.
Deck security code:587d557a

Contact via:
MSN: r.n.o@luukku.com
AIM: Androsrno
Or PM.

ASSASSIN
07-09-2007, 10:00 PM
I play.
MSN : ASSASSIN.MT@hotmail.fr
DSC : 86ECF1B6

I probably work this Week-end but I hope I can play all rounds. After test in mine MWS tournament one week is too long but I thinks only two day is really too short for play if you have a life.
And the metagame was probably special because have fucking shuffler so play combo is bad :/.

But thanks for the organisation and good luck.

Parcher
07-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Wow, looks like a lot of potential players. Just remember, the sooner the Deck Codes are in, the more organized this thing will be. Same will go for posting match results later.

@Illisus: This should either be over, or at the finals by then. I say yes.

@ASSASSIN: Haven't the first clue what you are saying, but good luck!

On a lighter note.....

Oh whatthefuck, I'm in - even if it's been over a year since I've used MWS.

WTF. Well, in honor of the Paper Tiger finally deciding to play in one of these, I'm going to have to up the stakes.

Uncle Parchie dipped into his cool-cards-I'll-never-use binder, and has a few more goodies:

More Official Prizes

1 Japanese Foil Boseiju, Who Shelters All
1 Japanese Orim's Chant
1 Nature's Ruin
2 Foil 9th Worship

Weeeeee! Remember this when your'e not able to find your opponent.

On that note. I told Eldariel that I would get his match in before the 12th, as he will be out through the 14th. Problem is, I feel guilty picking randomly since I know he is a wizard on MWS.

I would appreciate it if anyone who is ready to play, and has or can submit their DSC would consider volunteering. Just post here. First to volunteer gets the match. Contact me, and Eldariel, and please do not post results when finished, as I don't want them up before round one starts.

I might not be on until around 11pm tomorrow, so if someone posts they want the game, and El is up for it, please just go ahead.

scott11256
07-10-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm in.

AIM: LCNSteveO
SC:d9a256bb

freakish777
07-10-2007, 12:40 AM
AIM: lachrymose child

Security Code: B668929E

Can we put stuff up in a new thread once stuff actually begins to cut down on clutter in this one?

UrDraco
07-10-2007, 08:56 AM
If it isn't too late I am in.

Aim: UrDraco
MSN: Ur*underscore*Draco*at*hotmail*dotcom*
Deckcode:ac63157d

Nightmare
07-10-2007, 09:06 AM
I deleted everyone (I think) who hasn't entered a Deck Code. Only post if you have a code, which locks you into playing. Saying "I'm in" does not hold you a spot. Only a deck code does.

BiG FleO
07-10-2007, 09:14 AM
I play.
MSN : bigfleo@hotmail.com
DSC : AA20BFBC

Barook
07-10-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm in - again.. :rolleyes:

Aim: magicbarook
MSN: bob-beim-nechern*at*gmx*dot*de
SC: 7170d72d

Angelfire
07-10-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm in... officially now.

DSC: 0fe9583a
Aim: GabeLebel
Email: GabeLebel@lycos.com
or PM me here

Kadaj
07-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm going to be playing against Eldariel, as we've agreed.

steffri666
07-10-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm in.

Contact me via private mesesage I will check it. Or send me a mail to steffri666ATyahooDOTcom

My DSC: 2d25d242

Eldariel
07-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Alright, our game is played now. I think I'll be back in time for round 2.

VsTheWorld
07-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Deck code: 37aa198c
AIM: FF7Devil
Email: petrucksi@yahoo.com

NANTUKO_SHADY
07-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm In like Flynn.

AIM: GoochieMayne89

DSC: C13967D8

EDIT: My orientation for college starts tommorow and goes over-night until Thursday afternoon. So I will play my match on Thursday when I get home.

Windux
07-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Code: f45db3dc
PM me here

Pinder
07-10-2007, 03:33 PM
DSC: d6ca2dc0
AIM: Pindarius

Best way to get ahold of me is AIM, or a PM here at the Source.

SpikeyMikey
07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
08ffbd67

AIM:Spikeymikey1981

I'm away (work and commute) from 2PM CST 'til 12:30PM CST. Best time to catch me is after work, but I can do the mornings too.

RC Snakle
07-10-2007, 04:58 PM
I´ll sign up for this.

AIM: Golgo1387
Email: duryee3(at)tcnj.edu
Sec Code: 14e9b776

DrJones
07-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Some questions about the rules enforcement level:

What happens if the opponent draws 2 cards with Dark Confidant and then shows from his hand a swamp claiming that it was the one he drew from confidant? Game loss, warning?

What If I misclick on the "End of Turn" button instead of "Thinking"? What if I'm dragging the mouse over the opponent to cast a "lightning bolt" and the button fails while passing over one of his/her creatures? I'm allowed to undo these movements?

And what if I get a Kernel Error and lost any chance to save the log from the first game? What if I got one in the middle of a game?

I'm not a rules troll, but I want to know what to do in these cases.

HdH_Cthulhu
07-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Jasoba
133D77F3

pm me plz

Tao
07-10-2007, 07:45 PM
AIM: <<<

Sec Code: 4A9E51FE

Illissius
07-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Okay then, I'm in. Contact info to your left, along with illissius at EFNet on IRC.

Here's my Darksteel Colossus: 5BC9DA22
My Darksteel Colossus. It is here.

Van Phanel
07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Ok, so I'm in now.

Code: 05e2a671

Best ways to get a hold of me would be a PM here, I guess. ICQ would work, too.

tivadar
07-10-2007, 09:02 PM
In like Djinn

Code: D5F1482E

AIM: tivadar27
Add @yahoo.com for my email address

Slay
07-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Code: 0767ebf7
AIM: thzae
-Slay

APriestOfGix
07-10-2007, 09:42 PM
i sent the AIM eailer but here it is again with the deck code...

Code: C72D5BAE
AIM: APriestOfGix
X-Fire: APriestOfGix
E-Mail: apriestofgix@gmail.com

Parcher
07-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Daily updates:

All current deck codes have been recorded. If you have posted, and wish to change your code before tomorrow night, you must either PM or re-post it for it to be on record.

I currently have 40 DSCs. If all those who said they were in post theirs by Midnight tomorrow, this will be the largest Source Tournament ever. So get 'em in.

I have gotten a few concerns regarding the short length of rounds. So, I am reserving the right to extend the round an additional day. This will only happen in possibly the first three rounds, where we have a lot of players, and some will lamentably not care. This is not a free pass to wait, as I likely will not do so. Please, please try to finish in time. If I do extend the round, I will post so at the Midnight I would be pairing the next round. The round will be extended a maximum of 24 hours, and the following round will be paired at Midnight the next day.

@DrJones: There is no rules enforcement level, as there is no rules enforcement. For this, we would need a judge available 24/7 either watching the games, or reviewing the game logs. This a'int gonna happen.

We have never had anyone in these even accused of cheating. In regards to what occours between Legacy decks, you will find most here familiar with the applicable rulings. People make mistakes on MWS. I hope everyone can be cool about it. This is for fun, man.

A thank you must be issued to Kadaj for assisting Eldariel and myself by stepping up.

24 hours to enter left!!!!

The Rack
07-10-2007, 11:40 PM
AIM: pianohobo

Security code: 679b8d73

Thanks Parcher!

marit
07-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Aim: Arcane Assasin

DSC: 147C7004

SillyMetalGAT
07-11-2007, 12:14 AM
my deck code is 53c6f485

APriestOfGix
07-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Changed back to TES...

Code: F536A9E5

freakish777
07-11-2007, 12:59 AM
To be added to the prizes:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m236/freakish777/Altered%20Art/HypnoticRitual.jpg?t=1184129937

NANTUKO_SHADY
07-11-2007, 01:42 AM
I forgot to mention, the best way to get a hold of me is VIA PM on The Source.

Sims
07-11-2007, 02:29 AM
What the hell let us give this a whirl.

Code: a1b94b06 (New Code! Didn't change decks, but looked at my list and went "DOH!" and changed my sideboard before this shindig got going.)
AIM: EnamoringReverie
PMs here, obviously.

bigbear102
07-11-2007, 03:38 AM
AIM: bbon1298
PM me here

DSC: 00ab398c

Fred Bear
07-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Count me in!

DSC : e07189cc

PM me here is probably the best during the day.

Fred Bear...

WiLdFiRe
07-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Deck code b977857b. Count me in!

technogeek5000
07-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Ok i made some changes.

Deck code: bcec99f9

Whit3 Ghost
07-11-2007, 11:28 AM
aim: oot3hfuryoo
sc: 0c621c8e

Adan
07-11-2007, 02:37 PM
PM me here.

adan@mifeng.de -> E-Mail and MSN

310021871 -> ICQ Numb

These are the possibilities.

Deck security code for current deck: 83ff9351

1337357 D3C|< ftw.!

Tog
07-11-2007, 03:05 PM
All right. Officially in.

Security Code: 02115FC9

To contact me, just PM me on the Source. I check it frequently.

ReAnimated
07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Code: 92a64fbc

Aim : Lovesxtosplooge

andrew77
07-11-2007, 04:00 PM
sign me up...

code- 240046a3

aim- kamikazemafia777
email- andrew_weinberger@yahoo.com
phone number- 973-650-0848

BiG FleO
07-11-2007, 06:52 PM
make some changes

MSN : bigfleo@hotmail.com
DSC : 0D707903

Tao
07-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Last second changes, edited the original post, too

4A9E51FE

Illissius
07-11-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm obviously also switching decks at the last second. (I thought the deadline was yesterday, actually).

My new Darksteel Colossus: 5BC9DA22

edit - and a last minute tweak to the last minute deck, of course. this one is final now. really. honest.

APriestOfGix
07-11-2007, 09:47 PM
and again...

EFBAA52F

sorry, this is the last time i swear

ForceofWill
07-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Alright I'm in

Code: 3333bf42
Aim: Equinox41590

ReAnimated
07-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Code : fad34532

Last minute ftw = )

sorry for beign so late :cry:

Tacosnape
07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh what the hell. Even though MWS generally hates me, Sign me up.:P

Code: ffb97500
AIM: Death By Teatime
Yahoo: Spinion
Or PM me on here.

EDIT: What's the point in the codes, exactly?

Sanguine Voyeur
07-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Way to enter exactly on the deadline, Tacosnape.

emidln
07-11-2007, 11:10 PM
SC: 2161524d
aim: ace50003

edit: can I still get in?

ForceofWill
07-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Taco the codes are so you don't change decks in the middle of the tourny..

TheInfamousBearAssassin
07-11-2007, 11:32 PM
f5941d06

I thought the deadline was midnight?

KillemallCFH
07-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I've been deliberating which deck to use for the past hour or so, and finally just decided to go with what I'm comfortable.

AIM: KillemallCFHUO
DSC: B9DB8521

technogeek5000
07-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Lol this should start any minute now. May the best man win.

Mister Agent
07-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Sorry i changed my deck at the last minute wanted to play with the deck that i first started with sorry for any inconvience parcher.

code:474054d1

oh wait nevermind pairings already are up.